Wide Awake 2022

balthazarstarbuck

Few days before Primavera so expecting a good amount of crossover. Presumably lots of overseas bands too as they were understandably UK heavy this year.

From that weekend, realistically, we could maybe expect: Bikini Kill, Parquet Courts, Otoboke Beaver, Tropical Fuck Storm, Sons of Kemet... (Yo La Tengo/Beach House/Slowdive as a big name if I'm being super hopeful)

Got my tix.

• Like 1

I’d love a few big name international acts like the ones mentioned above (Bikini Kill would be the dream). 

However, I hope they continue to emphasise the amazing amount of brilliant and young U.K. acts as well: Legss, Famous, Butch Kassidy, Deathcrash, Caroline, Anna B Savage, The Lounge Society etc. 

I could see Nadine Shah as one of the big names next year if she’s still touring. I’m sure Fontaines DC or King Gizzard would be popular headliners. 

On 9/15/2021 at 10:46 AM, lessthanwill1 said:

However, I hope they continue to emphasise the amazing amount of brilliant and young U.K. acts as well: Legss, Famous, Butch Kassidy, Deathcrash, Caroline, Anna B Savage, The Lounge Society etc. 

Cant wait for Caroline and Deathcrash to be drowned out by chatty Londoners 

23 minutes ago, benali said:

What's it like for checking ID? It says over 17's but my son will be a few months shy of that on the day. He already looks about 21 so in that respect he's fine but I just wondered if they are strict or not?

I didn’t see any checks made but I’ve got grey hair and a beard so am probably not the best yardstick.

Super duper early birds all sold out. Still a steal at £35.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mahoneypepe said:

Brockwell Park going to be busy next year. Something to be added on Fri 27th and Sun 29th May?

Wide Awake - Saturday 28th May 2022
Mighty Hoopla - Friday 3rd June & Saturday 4th June 2022
Cross The Tracks - Sunday 5th June 2022

The Mighty Hoopla’s expanded to 2 days? Leo Varadkar will be thrilled!

• 4 months later...

Looks like we lost some of this thread when the site went down.  Reposting the poster for reference below.  I was just thinking over the weekend whether any decent bands would be booked for this year’s event as the line up is a major disappointment in comparison to last year’s (although Friday’s is decent but my ticket is for the main day).

3930C39B-3255-4B3C-8944-3B56B656F4C8.jpeg

The main thing for me is that there's not a huge amount of stuff that I can't see elsewhere this summer (or last summer) – it's really lacking a juicy exclusive. I'm sure it'll sell decently, and last year was good fun, but it could really do with a couple of good strong names to prop it up.

Phoenix are playing in France the following week, and have no UK shows, so I'd really love to see them added.

"📣 SECOND WAVE ANNOUNCEMENT. HERE WE GO! 📣

💥 We're very happy to announce Saturday 28 May's line up now also includes Alex Cameron, The Horrors, Katy J Pearson, Identified Patient, Dream Wife, Sorry, Croatian Amor, Fulu Miziku, The Lounge Society, Vladimir Ivkovic, Kiara Scuro, Modern Woman, Elena Columbi, The Golden Dregs and The Umlauts! "