TRNSMT 2022

fraybentos1

2 hours ago, gfa said:

70k really? Surprised so many - and I meant the lineup was a step up 2019 and 2021 have been quite lacking in comparison i’d say

think people just wanted to get out in a field.thursday was busiest  i have seen ever and ive been every year since restarted.

i

10 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

IOW 

Infact I think they reduced it from 55k, not sure if that includes staff/artists.

well i dont know where you got those figures from as at one point it was 120k which included staff/artists/vendors etc. having been involved with festival for a few years i can 100% tell you that 70k was figure this year for sold tickets

Just now, retrokev said:

i

well i dont know where you got those figures from as at one point it was 120k which included staff/artists/vendors etc. having been involved with festival for a few years i can 100% tell you that 70k was figure this year for sold tickets

It was reduced this year due to Covid, my info came direct from the event operations manager when he was driving us round the site on the build.

Also several articles in the press also state the same.

https://www.islandecho.co.uk/isle-of-wight-festival-2021-close-to-selling-out-but-tickets-still-available/#:~:text=Around 50%2C000 revellers will lap,special guest Sir Tom Jones.

https://www.countypress.co.uk/news/19130477.isle-wight-festival-2021----line-up-capacity-september-vibes/

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-56534537

4 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

i wouldnt believe tabloids and having been involved with event and knowing the man himself i can tell you that there were more than 50k there.even though it was hugely busy a great time was had.hope you did as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Had a stab based on the current announcement 

Friday 

Main - Paolo // Sam Fender // Nile Rodgers & Chic // Tom Grennan // ??? // The Lathums // M Huncho // ??? // Bootleg Beatles

KT - Beabadoobee // ??? // Ella Henderson // ??? // ??? // Callum Beattie // ??? // Brooke Combe 

Saturday 

Main - The Strokes // Foals // The Snuts // Fontaine’s // Example // Griff // Self Esteem // ???

KT - Jimmy Eat World // Maximo Park // ??? // Wet Leg // ??? // KennyHoopla // ??? // Pip Blom

Sunday 

Main - Lewis Capaldi // Wolf Alice // DMA’s // Sigrid // Mimi Webb // Easy Life // Alfie Templeman // Dylan John Thomas

KT - Sigala // Gang of Youths // Nina Nesbitt // Thomas Headon // Jamie Webster 

16 hours ago, Dukey said:

Had a stab based on the current announcement 

Friday 

Main - Paolo // Sam Fender // Nile Rodgers & Chic // Tom Grennan // ??? // The Lathums // M Huncho // ??? // Bootleg Beatles

KT - Beabadoobee // ??? // Ella Henderson // ??? // ??? // Callum Beattie // ??? // Brooke Combe 

Saturday 

Main - The Strokes // Foals // The Snuts // Fontaine’s // Example // Griff // Self Esteem // ???

KT - Jimmy Eat World // Maximo Park // ??? // Wet Leg // ??? // KennyHoopla // ??? // Pip Blom

Sunday 

Main - Lewis Capaldi // Wolf Alice // DMA’s // Sigrid // Mimi Webb // Easy Life // Alfie Templeman // Dylan John Thomas

KT - Sigala // Gang of Youths // Nina Nesbitt // Thomas Headon // Jamie Webster 

I think Easy Life might be a bit higher than 6th down, they are subbing Truck

3 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Is that Jimmy Eat World on at the same time as Foals? 

I think the King Tut’s headliner is mostly on during the gap between the main stage headliner and sub but yeah, there most likely will be some crossover and obviously it makes it tricky to get a good spot for both. I think they had the same clash in 2020.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

They really messed up the days with this one - they did a ticket update and sat/sun day tickets are only about 70% sold out on the graphic.

Sam Fender and Foals should have been swapped I reckon.

Edited by gfa