TRNSMT 2022

fraybentos1

4 minutes ago, NoBuses said:

Libertines, Strokes, Bloc party, Fontaines and Slowthai is an unbelievable day

I'm not bothered about Slowthai or Fontaines but that doesn't distract too much from it. Libertines are just kind of finished and done though they aren't they now.

I wonder if Glastonbury may look to have them back opening the Other stage.

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

I'm not bothered about Slowthai or Fontaines but that doesn't distract too much from it. Libertines are just kind of finished and done though they aren't they now.

I wonder if Glastonbury may look to have them back opening the Other stage.

They did a gig at Rochester castle the other night and apparently they were great

2 minutes ago, NoBuses said:

They did a gig at Rochester castle the other night and apparently they were great

Yeah it's more their new material is poor and I kinda covered them. Went to Ally Pally, saw them under AF at Leeds and sub Glastonbury. I wouldn't write it off attending. Maybe a chance to give The Strokes one more go. Let's see when compared to my days off.

I'm going to at least one day of 2000 Trees so this might end that anyway and if it's that weekend then i have to book off everything I need.

38 minutes ago, incident said:

I love the Manics, but co-headliner of a 50,000 capacity event in 2022? That seems like a huge stretch. Actually would've thought Wolf Alice would shift more tickets at the moment.

Yep I don’t believe that at all . Makes no sense. Also feel like there’s a huge lack of the usual faces they always have like the kooks and wombats, stuff like that. 

Yeah I don’t believe it at all. That Saturday isn’t very trnsmt. And the manic street preachers aren’t co headlining trnsmt, no way.

48 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I won't pretend to know who's playing outside those announced, as I don't, but I've had those tweets categorically rubbished 

Glad you have confirmed that quickly cheers! Do you think you’ll find out who’s playing early like in 2019 again?

Bizarre that people take the time to pretend to be in the know and then make bizarre lineups like that. 

Putting The Libertines behind The Strokes could be not bad business for a day ticket tbh. I can't see The Strokes doing big numbers, but hit a bit of a big early to mid 00s indie one-two punch as the top two and it might tempt some folk. Personally, they'd probably put me off more than anything, but I could see it getting people interested.

I'm waiting to see how the Nutini and Strokes days unfold. Not seen either and I'd definitely like to see both. Getting tickets for the Nutini day will be a fun ride I'm sure, so it'll probably end up being The Strokes.

4 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

Putting The Libertines behind The Strokes could be not bad business for a day ticket tbh. I can't see The Strokes doing big numbers, but hit a bit of a big early to mid 00s indie one-two punch as the top two and it might tempt some folk. Personally, they'd probably put me off more than anything, but I could see it getting people interested.

I'm waiting to see how the Nutini and Strokes days unfold. Not seen either and I'd definitely like to see both. Getting tickets for the Nutini day will be a fun ride I'm sure, so it'll probably end up being The Strokes.

Libertines does sort of make sense but I think they are dreadful live so I hope not. Would hope Foals will take that slot as they are obv subbing someone and were initially down for the Saturday pre covid. Not sure who I would expect to sub Nutini tbh my mind is blank.

20 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

Kasabian behind the strokes? Usually big enough to headline but with the loss of their main man would they take a sub? Headlining nbhd but it’s only a 25k capacity. 

On 10/2/2021 at 12:03 AM, DomDom1984 said:

Kasabian seem to be wanting to play every festival going. At this rate I wouldn't be surprised to see them open a festival just to play on it.

Wasn't that their original plan? Seem to recall they announced plans for a June 2020 show in Leicester that had a festival feel to it before covid threw everything under the bus.

On 9/30/2021 at 1:24 PM, thetime said:

Headlining IOW and I think that I'd about 50k nowadays. 

IOW is a weird one, pretty sure their license allows like 90k but they obviously never fill it. Definitely a big step up from recent years though

18 hours ago, gfa said:

IOW is a weird one, pretty sure their license allows like 90k but they obviously never fill it. Definitely a big step up from recent years though

70000 there this year and kasabian have headlined many times or been there. last time was 2018

14 hours ago, retrokev said:

70000 there this year and kasabian have headlined many times or been there. last time was 2018

70k really? Surprised so many - and I meant the lineup was a step up 2019 and 2021 have been quite lacking in comparison i’d say