TRNSMT 2022

fraybentos1

Now that this year is almost over...

Be good to get back to the normal time of July next year. Seems likely Capaldi will be there after pulling out this year’s delayed festival? And if he is he will sell very well.

Can surely rule out Gerry Cinnamon with his Hampden date. The Killers are playing Falkirk so probs rules them out too.  

Maybe Arctic Monkeys if they’re back? Would normally be Kasabain time but doubt it with no Tom. 

Other thoughts are Paolo Nutini if he ever comes back, The 1975, Biffy, George Ezra again maybe if he sold well last time.

Any thoughts?

22 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Now that this year is almost over...

Be good to get back to the normal time of July next year. Seems likely Capaldi will be there after pulling out this year’s delayed festival? And if he is he will sell very well.

Can surely rule out Gerry Cinnamon with his Hampden date. The Killers are playing Falkirk so probs rules them out too.  

Maybe Arctic Monkeys if they’re back? Would normally be Kasabain time but doubt it with no Tom. 

Other thoughts are Paolo Nutini if he ever comes back, The 1975, Biffy, George Ezra again maybe if he sold well last time.

Any thoughts?

If and big if AM are active … maybe. 

I’d say Noel too

Edited by Matt42

56 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I could see them still booking Kasabian to be honest. I don’t think Biffy will do it, no point when they’ve pretty much done it this year. I’ll guess Kasabian, George Ezra and Lewis Capaldi, which I think would sell fairly well.

I am just unsure how big a draw a Tom-less Kasabian are. Need to wait and see I guess...

51 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

If and big if AM are active … maybe. 

I’d say Noel too

I think AM will be about based on the pretty concrete new album rumours and the fact they haven't been about in the UK since 2018. Noel they have defo booked a lot before but I think his stock has dropped a fair bit since when he headlined T and now LG is way way bigger. Still wouldn't be shocked tho...

Lewis Capaldi with Paolo subbing is a masterstroke from the organisers. That will sell-out

The Strokes headlining with Foals subbing should do very well too

Tame Impala with Dua Lipa subbing for the other day, with a decent undercard of people like AJ Tracey, Fontaines DC etc would also sell really well and that’s what I am holding out for. Highly doubt it, though. Gorillaz with Noel Gallagher subbing could be a shout. Gorillaz are doing an awful lot at the moment and that would sell well too you’d imagine. 

• 2 weeks later...