Rookie mistake!!!!

THEBOILERMAN

I`ve put this on here as although it`s Bearded Theory this is the most visited page.

2 friends out of a group of 6 both purchased tickets for all of them this morning SO they now have 6 extra tickets and a campervan tic.

So if your`e thinking of going message me and i`ll put you in touch 🙂 

UPDATE, 3 of the tickets and the Campervan tic have now gone so just 3 tickets left.

Edited by THEBOILERMAN
additional info

That's a remarkable feat to achieve. Not sure on the dynamics of ticket splitting / name changing on tickets etc I do know someone who goes to it, so can ask them if you like. He'll probably know others too, so there's at least some potential for a result on this. Presumably your 'party' would pay any ticket detail change costs? I don't want to sound like a hard faced bastard, but just wondering if your mates were going to 'incentivise' the purchase of their unneeded tickets. It's not something that I'd do, but I may as well play devil's advocate, so that I know how to present their case to him.

3 hours ago, THEBOILERMAN said:

I`ve put this on here as although it`s Bearded Theory this is the most visited page.

2 friends out of a group of 6 both purchased tickets for all of them this morning SO they now have 6 extra tickets and a campervan tic.

So if your`e thinking of going message me and i`ll put you in touch 🙂 

The only thing that can make this better is of they already had tickets from the original sale and forgot about them.

18 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

That's a remarkable feat to achieve. Not sure on the dynamics of ticket splitting / name changing on tickets etc I do know someone who goes to it, so can ask them if you like. He'll probably know others too, so there's at least some potential for a result on this. Presumably your 'party' would pay any ticket detail change costs? I don't want to sound like a hard faced bastard, but just wondering if your mates were going to 'incentivise' the purchase of their unneeded tickets. It's not something that I'd do, but I may as well play devil's advocate, so that I know how to present their case to him.

There in touch with BT to see if there anything they can do, if there isn`t  they`ll hang on to them and see if anybody needs them.  

If nearer the time BT sells out (it normally does) the one thing I do know is they'd still only be looking for face value.

3 hours ago, THEBOILERMAN said:

There in touch with BT to see if there anything they can do, if there isn`t  they`ll hang on to them and see if anybody needs them.  

If nearer the time BT sells out (it normally does) the one thing I do know is they'd still only be looking for face value.

OK, no worries. 

I actually bought 2 Bearded Theory tickets, and a campervan ticket for one year, as I so much wanted to attend the festival. However, two years prior to the time just before the festival date we had booked to stay in a castle. Yes, a castle, and there would be no other guests or staff etc ie. it would just be us in the castle. A castle where smoking was allowed, i should add. However, this castle is so popular to book out that it has a 2 year waiting list. So I booked and paid for it for the Monday to the Thursday. Then 2 years later I had totally forgotten all about the castle, and made the plunge to buy Bearded tickets. 

To cut a long story short, our plan was to go to the castle on the south coast for 4 days, drive home, get into our campervan and head straight to Bearded. Unfortunately the amount of drugs taken in the castle was nothing short of scandalous. On the night of our last day there I asked the people (we were a party of 4) with me if they knew whether I had actually died, and if this was indeed the after life i was experiencing. Unfortunately they were in no state to answer as they were busy convincing each other that the castle was a time / space continuum portal within the known universe.

Needless to say, by the time we made the long trip back home, there was no way at all that we could have then gone straight onto Bearded. Had I previously actually 'known' that total disintegration of our minds would happen, then I'd have given the tickets away free for someone to use. And then when we got home I couldn't rapidly try to get them to someone to use, because my brain had turned into a lump of mashed potato, and could no longer function, or even be classed as a human brain.

• Upvote 1