Lost Village 2022

MaxPower

Going for the first time next year, pretty excited after seeing videos and the lineup from this year.

hoping the lineup is as good next year - quite like the idea of the odd non-electronic act in Bombay Bicycle Club and Arlo Parks - wonder if they’ll do that next year as well.

29 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

Going for the first time next year, pretty excited after seeing videos and the lineup from this year.

hoping the lineup is as good next year - quite like the idea of the odd non-electronic act in Bombay Bicycle Club and Arlo Parks - wonder if they’ll do that next year as well.

Its a truly incredible festival! Booked up for next year before id even had chance to recover from this one!

Yeah you can pretty much guarantee they'll be a similar style booking; De La Soul, Friendly fires and Django Django have all been booked within the last few editions. 

• 4 months later...

Lineup drops this Wednesday at midday! One of the favourite poster drops of the season for me personally, always a few nice surprises in there.

Hoping for Django Django to return after being dropped from last years festival. Someone like Hot Chip, Chemical Brothers, MGMT, Primal Scream, Groove Armada, Foals, The Streets for a standout headliner would be nice. Love bouncing around the stages aimlessly in the day checking out the electronic acts but its nice to have a larger name act in the evening to look forward too! 

Edited by TheFullShaboo
Chucked a few more names into my wish list
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, gfa said:

https://escapismmagazine.com/festivals/lost-village/

this site has 2020 info, phase 3 at £119 so not awful for sure. 8 can campsite limit too as of then

Thats outdated - the first release this year were £200! Lost Village is one of those festivals that has about 50 different 'phases' to try and trick people into thinking its about to sell out. It goes up about £5 each release, and i think it was on the 6th phase before they took tickets off sale this week, roughly about £230?

Saying that it will sell out, however it usually sells out much nearer the time! 

Just now, TheFullShaboo said:

Thats outdated - the first release this year were £200! Lost Village is one of those festivals that has about 50 different 'phases' to try and trick people into thinking its about to sell out. It goes up about £5 each release, and i think it was on the 6th phase before they took tickets off sale this week, roughly about £230?

Saying that it will sell out, however it usually sells out much nearer the time! 

I did think it was £200! Just assumed the website was right. Got to hate lineup phases 😞  especially when they go on sale without any acts

40 minutes ago, gfa said:

https://escapismmagazine.com/festivals/lost-village/

this site has 2020 info, phase 3 at £119 so not awful for sure. 8 can campsite limit too as of then

36 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Thanks 

9 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

its....... ok? Nothing thats really shocked me there but still a decent first announcement. Tom Misch was a nice surprise i suppose! 

Sofia Kourtesis, Joy Orbison, Ross From Friends, HAAI, Greentea Peng, Honey Dijon, Horse Meat Disco, Kokoroko, Norman Jay and Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs would be on my list. 

Enough to make the trip worthwhile. 

Edited by blutarsky

1 minute ago, blutarsky said:

Sofia Kourtesis, Joy Orbison, Ross From Friends, HAAI, Greentea Peng, Honey Dijon, Horse Meat Disco, Kokoroko, Norman Jay and Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs would be on my list. 

Enough to make the trip worthwhile. 

Oh its good! Sofia Kourtesis, Kokoroko, Norman Jay and Horse Meat Disco (and probably a few others) were all there last year though. Sofia Kourtesis in particular was incredible, came out into the crowd multiple times which got everyone going on the final day! 

Just expected maybe a few more big surprises? But yeah, one of my favourite festivals of the season, and one where the lineup really isn't as important as others that i go too! 

Some Cracking names in there, for a first announcement i think it's worthy of a ticket for sure. There's still plenty of names to be had, Overmono Live and Seinfeld doing Mirrors Live are massive imo. I reckon they've got a few things up their sleeve, but i agree it's "solid" it's a 7.5/10 i reckon 

• 6 months later...
5 minutes ago, Swinterz said:

Anyone else attending this year? It'll be my first time and pretty excited for it.

Headliners aren't necessarily as strong as previous years but line up is perfect for what I'm looking for, some nice B2Bs too.

Ill be there! Been the last 4( i think ?) and always a highlight of the summer.

Agree with you on the headliners, nothing really jumped out at me when the lineup was dropped, but the music only really plays a small part of the festival. The stages and the site is just incredible, can spend all day bouncing from stage to stage and have a quick rest around the lake when you feel like it. Benefit of having no real standout names is that you can just take each day as it comes with the music, have a gander round the stages and choose to stay at the one you're feeling the most!

4 hours ago, Swinterz said:

Sounds good! Any tips on what time to arrive on the Thursday to try and beat the bulk of the queue? Also is there any better areas to camp at than others?

Last few years a few of our group has arrived 10am as the gates have opened and have usually got a pretty decent spot. First year i think we got there at 7pm and we had one of the fields at the back. Only a small festival though so not the end of the world! We tend to try and camp as close to the main arena only because it means less of a walk to pop back the tent to re-stock!

How strict upon entry are they with their completely unreasonable alcohol policy? 

on the website says limited to no spirits, 1 bottle of wine or 8 cans of lager per person on first admittance to site … is this Woodstock 99 🤔🤑

Is it more relaxed when there or will everyone likely be subject to a search? 

On 8/15/2022 at 10:04 AM, northernbro said:

How strict upon entry are they with their completely unreasonable alcohol policy? 

on the website says limited to no spirits, 1 bottle of wine or 8 cans of lager per person on first admittance to site … is this Woodstock 99 🤔🤑

Is it more relaxed when there or will everyone likely be subject to a search? 

Both Noisily and Secret Garden Party also had an 8 can limit this year, so this kind of limit is certainly becoming more normalised.

I'm hoping of course for you that Lost Village goes the way of Noisily (absolutely fantastic), and not the way of Secret Garden Party (terrible). What I'm saying, is I don't think having a stingy can limit alone is reason to have concerns about the festival, as I went to both a good and a bad festival with the same limit this year.

A lot of festivals are simply cash strapped after Covid, and looking to make a bit of extra money on the bar. Good and bad festivals alike. If the festival is good enough, I don't think most people mind helping them out by buying a few extra drinks at the bar to smooth out their post Covid finances. If the festival is bad, then of course it starts to feel like a cynical cash grab.

Not that this necessarily helps your question, but enforcement of the 8 can limit was very lax at the above mentioned festivals this year, not sure if that also carries forward to LV.