Noel Gallager

Chrisp1986

9 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I’m not too cool to admit I’d be there for the whole thing.

Same here. Almost completely missed Noels solo stuff, I think because of how bad Oasis were for the last few years. However I listened to that High Flying Birds Best of he released this year and he’s actually done a lot of good songs. Way above post-1996 Oasis.

4 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

Same here. Almost completely missed Noels solo stuff, I think because of how bad Oasis were for the last few years. However I listened to that High Flying Birds Best of he released this year and he’s actually done a lot of good songs. Way above post-1996 Oasis.

His last solo album - Who Built The Moon? - is, IMO, the best thing released by any act affiliated with Oasis since the Masterplan.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

It’s weird to hear him talk about the festival positively. He’s always been the type to slag off the festival while enjoying it in private.

Him and Liam very publicly sulked after they were widely criticised for the car crash that was 2004. They’ve both softened considerably in recent years.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Him and Liam very publicly sulked after they were widely criticised for the car crash that was 2004. They’ve both softened considerably in recent years.

The Jay-Z thing in 2008 was pretty hysterical too....a lot of sour grapes towards the festival after that from NG. 

11 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I’m not too cool to admit I’d be there for the whole thing.

He's firmly in the box marked "if nothing else is on".  Inoffensive and has some good tunes with NGHFB, but doesn't excite me either. I know I'd have a reasonable time without finding it shit.

10 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Noel SR on the rumours page.  It’s so great looking with anticipation at the rumours page again.  Hopefully in coming months it’s the resale,  weather, headliner, posterdrop , ticket delivery etc threads that we will all be devouring! 

If I get past the resale I think I'll be thinking about Glastonbury 100% of the time!! 

Edited by efcfanwirral
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

The Jay-Z thing in 2008 was pretty hysterical too....a lot of sour grapes towards the festival after that from NG. 

I liked the bit in the Jo Whiley broadcast where he described being backstage at the Gorillaz gig and how great it was to see De La Soul there ‘and all the rappers’

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

An ok currently bed blocking, due transfer for physio rehab, which doesn't look like it'll happen they won't ok me for discharge without the rehab to get me stronger, while I sit here getting weaker, fecking madness.

FFS. Hope it gets sorted soon mate.

10 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Could easily see a Macca/Noel team up too. Noel’s not shy about covering Beatles songs live so it’s not a stretch to imagine Macca getting him out for one.

I can equally see Neil Finn getting involved. Paul and Neil are big fans of each other and Neil played at Linda's funeral.