New Order and Hot Chip at Heaton Park - 4 tickets to give away

Johndenis

Not sure where the correct place in the forum to put this would be, but I have 4 tickets for this gig on Friday that I am not going to use and haven't been able to sell on Twickets.  (Am doing the Right Thing and going to a pal's post-vaccines rearranged Stag Do instead.)  I am running the Manchester marathon on Sunday 10th October and can't find cheap accommodation (i.e. everything I see is £120+).  Anyone who DMs me with some inside info about bargain hostels or hotels can have the 4 New Order tickets. Or even if you don't have inside info but just ask nicely, you can have them with my best wishes. 😄 

Edited by Johndenis
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

53 minutes ago, Johndenis said:

Not sure where the correct place in the forum to put this would be, but I have 4 tickets for this gig on Friday that I am not going to use and haven't been able to sell on Twickets.  (Am doing the Right Thing and going to a pal's post-vaccines rearranged Stag Do instead.)  I am running the Manchester marathon on Sunday 10th October and can't find cheap accommodation (i.e. everything I see is £120+).  Anyone who DMs me with some inside info about bargain hostels or hotels can have the 4 New Order tickets. Or even if you don't have inside info but just ask nicely, you can have them with my best wishes. 😄 

Bloody generous … nice 1 

I already have tickets but have asked some friends. They have kids so it may or may not be too late to acquire babysitters etc but a lovely kind and generous thing to do. 

As for hotels other than checking frequently I sadly have no tips. Have you checked air bnb's? They might be better if someone hasn't realised the marathon is on. 

City centre prices aren't exactly great in Manchester and haven't been for a while now, it's crazy how expensive they are. 

Best I can suggest is a little bit out and travel in, somewhere like Ashton-under-Lyne, train to Victoria in the city is 10 minutes and there seem to be places for £100. 

Similarly Warrington is only 20 minutes if you get the right train and there are places there for £60-75 it looks like right now.

Oldham is on the tram line (takes about an hour though, but places for £50), even Wigan wouldn't necessarily be too bad and has a holiday Inn for £85 on those dates and 30 minute train. 

It's parklife this weekend and even the famously awful hotel, Sachas, is £469 a night. Good luck!

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/hotel-rooms-manchester-trebled-price-21468181

Just to let you know I had a quick look on air bnb and you can definitely do better especially if you go further out anything on a train or tram line should be quite easy. Some will have their own kitchen as well which would help with carb loading. If you find any and your not sure if where they are is suitable feel free to post on here and I'll be happy to let you know how easy or hard it would be to see to the starting line from there. 

42 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I ended up having to get a airbnb near Halifax and organising a taxi to Heaton Park and back. Manchester prices were just crazy.

out of interest, do you know how much the taxi back will cost (if you don't mind saying!)? I need to get back to Todmorden which is just down the round from 'Fax and am hoping its not eye-watering... 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

It's outrageous, even the scabby Travelodge in Bury is charging £200 (Usual rates as low as £26.99). Demand pushed up by Man United playing at home on the Saturday, Ronaldo and all that.

My mate was wondering why all the saturday evening trains down to London were sold out... this will be why. 

9 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

City centre prices aren't exactly great in Manchester and haven't been for a while now, it's crazy how expensive they are. 

Best I can suggest is a little bit out and travel in, somewhere like Ashton-under-Lyne, train to Victoria in the city is 10 minutes and there seem to be places for £100. 

Similarly Warrington is only 20 minutes if you get the right train and there are places there for £60-75 it looks like right now.

Oldham is on the tram line (takes about an hour though, but places for £50), even Wigan wouldn't necessarily be too bad and has a holiday Inn for £85 on those dates and 30 minute train. 

It's parklife this weekend and even the famously awful hotel, Sachas, is £469 a night. Good luck!

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/hotel-rooms-manchester-trebled-price-21468181

Wow. They're part of the Britannia chain aren't they? I work in hospitality and there's party of my that kind of admires how wilfully bad they are. Like it takes effort to be that bad. They don't let a little thing like TripAdvisor bother them. 

56 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

out of interest, do you know how much the taxi back will cost (if you don't mind saying!)? I need to get back to Todmorden which is just down the round from 'Fax and am hoping its not eye-watering... 

We're 100 quid for the return trip, so I imagine you'd be looking at 50-60 for a single trip?

Hi all just to say I gave 2 tickets to my big brother, who lives in Leeds and bizarrely said he had never seen new order. He got me into new order by playing Regret and Republic non stop around 1994. The other 2 tickets have gone to Forum members. Thanks for all the DMs about hotels, very kind. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Johndenis said:

Hi all just to say I gave 2 tickets to my big brother, who lives in Leeds and bizarrely said he had never seen new order. He got me into new order by playing Regret and Republic non stop around 1994. The other 2 tickets have gone to Forum members. Thanks for all the DMs about hotels, very kind. 

Best of luck in the marathon!