Boardmasters 2022

Will b

11 hours ago, stanh said:

Yeah, nobody is saying George isn't big elsewhere in the UK, just had a pretty large following in Cornwall - another example I can think of is Gerry Cinnamon, pretty big around the UK, but absolutely huge in Scotland

Because hes scottish, whats weird is george ezra makes no sense really for cornwall

25 minutes ago, gfa said:

Because hes scottish, whats weird is george ezra makes no sense really for cornwall

Oh yeah I know that, was just an example at the top of my head. I don't know the reasoning for it, I guess it's just one of those things, most people in the comments and everything seem particularly excited about him too adding to that as well 

• 4 weeks later...

BOARDMASTERS ANNOUNCES A FURTHER 60+ ACTS FOR 2022

INCLUDING PALE WAVES, MAE MULLER, REMI WOLF, CHARLIE SLOTH, ARIELLE FREE & MORE

PLUS, A WHOLE HOST OF CORNISH TALENT JOINS THE LINE-UP AS ST. PIRANS DAY APPROACHES, INCLUDING

THE VELVET HANDS | THE EYELIDS | SHAGRAT | CHARLIE BOWDERY | CHARLIE SCOBLE | MAISY GRACE | SAM RICHARDSON & THE RENEGADES | JACK FERRY | EASYLIFE SOUND ASSOCIATION | EZMAY GRACE | DJ OLLIE STRATTON | THE BREAKS | SPEEDBOAT | HEDLUV & PASSMAN

** REMAINING DAY TICKETS ARE ON SALE NOW & SELLING FAST **

10 - 14 AUGUST 2022

www.boardmasters.com

Today, a further 60+ acts have joined the line-up for Boardmasters 2022. Pale Waves, Mae Muller, Remi Wolf, Charlie Sloth and Arielle Free are among the world-class acts set to take to the stage at Watergate Bay from 10-14 August 2022. Cornwall’s own surf and music festival will be headlined this year by George Ezra, Disclosure and Kings of Leon across two stunning sites on the Cornish coast. Day tickets are on sale now and selling fast, (Wednesday and Thursday Entry Camping, VIP Camping, and 3 Day No Camping tickets have all sold out in record time), as fans are encouraged to get their tickets now at www.boardmasters.com to avoid missing out - we’ll see you at the beach. Check out the line-up so far here.

Plus, with St. Pirans Day, the national day of Cornwall, just around the corner, Boardmasters has today revealed a raft of emerging Cornish talent for this summer’s festival. Artists including The Velvet Hands, The Eyelids, Sam Richardson & The Renegades, Maisy Grace, Charlie Scoble and more, will be at Boardmasters, providing fans with some of the very best music coming out of the county right now. With visitors from across the UK and even further afield heading to Boardmasters for the ultimate surf and music festival experience, there’s no better place to showcase the most exciting homegrown talent. 

Following Boardmasters 2021, NME wrote that Boardmasters 2021 “oozes togetherness and inspires a genuine camaraderie amongst the legions of music fans who walk in as strangers, but leave as friends”. Earmilk described it as “ the UK's blissful beach haven for music”, and Vocal Girls Club enjoyed “arguably the best weekend of 2021”. Cornwall Live added it was “the perfect salvation” following a tough few years for young people. Check out the Boardmasters 2021 photo gallery here. 

As part of Boardmasters’ ongoing commitment to the environment and sustainability, Big Green Coach is back once again as Official Travel Partner to Boardmasters 2022, with all of its 2022 coach services to the festival operating as carbon neutral. On sale now for arrivals on Wednesday and Thursday, returning on Monday, or new for 2022, day return coaches will be running on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Find out more here.

Final Tier Day Tickets for Boardmasters 2022 are on sale now via www.boardmasters.com. Check out the Boardmasters 2022 Festival Trailer HERE

FKmuZTwXwAUg6zc.thumb.jpg.601f1ffd938cd34a7aec2ca4357f461e.jpg

Still not the best announcement for me, definitely seems they've splurged all their budget on the headliners and subs (other than The Lathums). But that being said, it seems to have sold very well, so I'm probably a bit out of touch - even if it is (in my opinion) considerably weaker than last year.

Aside from that, even though Chaos In The CBD isn't a new name for this announcement, they're cool - hadn't noticed them being there. Then I also quite like the additions of Mae Muller, The Rills, Shane Codd and Shift K3y. Would be nice to see Shapes get added in the next (probably final) announcement. 

It sold very well from the first announcement - I’d say more than half of the people I knew who got tickets are now looking to sell after the 2nd and 3rd. I can’t speak for those outside the 17-19 age range but it has not gone down well with us (after a promising first 20 names)

On 3/4/2022 at 7:17 AM, Will b said:

It sold very well from the first announcement - I’d say more than half of the people I knew who got tickets are now looking to sell after the 2nd and 3rd. I can’t speak for those outside the 17-19 age range but it has not gone down well with us (after a promising first 20 names)

Yeah must say from what I've seen from my mates, a lot of them are selling their tickets and are trying to get to Boomtown instead now. I wouldn't be shocked if it's relatively easy to get a below face value ticket, especially nearer the time - unless they pull like a special guest out of the bag, which I'm doubtful about.

29 minutes ago, stanh said:

Yeah must say from what I've seen from my mates, a lot of them are selling their tickets and are trying to get to Boomtown instead now. I wouldn't be shocked if it's relatively easy to get a below face value ticket, especially nearer the time - unless they pull like a special guest out of the bag, which I'm doubtful about.

It was like that in 2021 - doesn't really matter to the festival honestly

• 5 months later...