Boardmasters 2022

Will b

3 hours ago, gfa said:

Outside pick but what about Muse? They are from the area and haven't played it before, definitely on the large side and not really for the main audience and only have IOW currently booked (which is fairly nearby but still).

They’re one of my 3. A very boardmasters pick (especially for Saturday headliner) imo 

would need to be 2 more younger-generational picks with it to appeal to the target audience the festival has got 

Edited by Will b

9 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Hahaha that's shite even worse than Kasabian, Flo and LG

Was never going to be three bands really. If ezra was replaced by Kasabian would be very solid imo.

Friday is especially weak, solid saturday

Nobody has given a fuck about KOL since 2007

disclosure are a great dance headliner.

ezra is a decent enough choice just very bland .

last years headliners (bar foals) had that little bit of edge (granted jorja’s set wasn’t amazing) and it felt quite progressive.

hoping they can stack the undercard with some hip-hop, grime and some cooler progressive bands.

57 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

Two pretty big headliners there tbh, and one... not so big.

Who's meant to be the not so big? I would say they are all pretty similar levels although for the audience i'd probably argue Disclosure is the biggest, despite maybe being the cheapest and smallest in general. Shows its a good booking i guess and that the others are shit

Disclosure are comfortably the smallest act headlining. More suited to the audience? Probably, but there's absolutely no actual way they're bigger than the other two.

Also depends on where Boardmasters are aiming. This could be a wild backfire depending on wherelse these acts are playing. And with KoL, you have a full arena tour as well as this which isn't a good sign off the bat.

22 minutes ago, Properbigfan said:

Genuinely think kasabian will be added as a sub. Potentially for Ezra. Bastille are subbing and I’d say the current state of kasabian are around that level.

Kasabian are far too big to sub and definitely bigger than Bastille. 

edit: even with new lead singer 

Edited by Will b

5 hours ago, sisco said:

Are the headliners that bad?! Granted I don’t go to this but you’ve got someone who is being talked about as a Future Glasto headliner + KOL who sell out massive arenas.

Is it mainly the undercard that’s the issue?

I think so. It's a pretty huge trio of headliners for Boardmasters. That said, they're all pretty mild choices.