Boardmasters 2022

Will b

• 1 month later...
26 minutes ago, Dales said:

Is he really that Big that Boardmasters could not get him? Not really my taste, so find it hard to gage how popular he is.

Not sure on his audience reach but the perception is he will have offers from the bigger fests on the table 

Edited by atomised

1 hour ago, atomised said:

Not sure on his audience reach but the perception is he will have offers from the bigger fests on the table 

It will be interesting to see where he ends up playing, my assumption was that he probably not headline anything bigger. However, he is not someone I listen to but knew he was highly thought of.

24 minutes ago, Dales said:

It will be interesting to see where he ends up playing, my assumption was that he probably not headline anything bigger. However, he is not someone I listen to but knew he was highly thought of.

Hes certainly been spoken of as one of the 6 at Reading and Leeds 

Daves strongly rumoured to headline reading and Leeds as one of the big 3 of the 6 headliners (same spot as stormzy, post malone and Liam Gallagher last year) 

he also exclusively headlined parklife last year so he has and probably will do much bigger than boardies  

edit: I’d love to see him at boardies but I think it’s just one step further than the Florence or kings of Leon size headliners we’ve been getting. Or if we did get him the other 2 headliners would be small 

Edited by Will b

1 hour ago, Will b said:

edit: I’d love to see him at boardies but I think it’s just one step further than the Florence or kings of Leon size headliners we’ve been getting. Or if we did get him the other 2 headliners would be small 

Surely Gorillaz were a bigger booking than both? Also if they were announcing all 3 on wednesday, they have been booked for a while and Dave only did Parklife this summer. Him doing all 3 doesn't seem too out of the question - he's also a solo act so i reckon is cheaper than Gorillaz/KOL honestly. I think its more a question of whether they want to spend the big money on a rapper vs a guitar band

EDIT: wonder if Liam is in with a shout for Boardmasters, one of the few festivals he hasn't done in the past few years

Edited by gfa

17 hours ago, Properbigfan said:

I think the killers are aroind gorillaz level so maybe them

Already doing stadiums so seems unlikely.

Outside pick but what about Muse? They are from the area and haven't played it before, definitely on the large side and not really for the main audience and only have IOW currently booked (which is fairly nearby but still).