2021 - How was it for you ?

killyourtv

1 hour ago, juliadevitt said:

Greenman completely sold out. Is that normal? So much quicker than Eotr?

Very much not normal to be selling out this quickly - GM 2019 sold out in May while EOTR held out until July. They did put the payment plan tickets on sale this morning, which EOTR don't. GM's tweets in this thread are, um, interesting...

11 minutes ago, juliadevitt said:

🤣

Eotr on tier 4 so maybe there is generally more demand 

Crikey. Just paid the deposit on ours to make sure we didn't miss out. Absolute madness how quickly these and GM are selling.

I guess some of that is because of 2021 rollovers. Some for people who didn't go this year because they were still worried about covid. Then others who normally only go to Glastonbury but went to EOTR or GM this year and realised that actually other festivals do exist!

7 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Very much not normal to be selling out this quickly - GM 2019 sold out in May while EOTR held out until July. They did put the payment plan tickets on sale this morning, which EOTR don't. GM's tweets in this thread are, um, interesting...

I wouldn’t have been happy either. Glad to have bought a tier 2 ticket in the eotr deposit scheme.

I suppose there must be quite a few roll over tickets from this year due to covid/isolation that will reduce the number available.

i’m just trying to push a couple in our group to buy their tickets soon, just in case

Actually I'm a little surprised EOTR didn't announce anyone for 2022, given Pixies and Bright Eyes have already rolled over their other dates but also that when the postponement was announced they confirmed six big names had agreed to come back in 2021 straight away, albeit only two actually played. Maybe they don't want to get caught out that way again?

24 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Actually I'm a little surprised EOTR didn't announce anyone for 2022, given Pixies and Bright Eyes have already rolled over their other dates but also that when the postponement was announced they confirmed six big names had agreed to come back in 2021 straight away, albeit only two actually played. Maybe they don't want to get caught out that way again?

I can only think the strategy is to to sell the tickets to the hardcore fan base first (who'll buy no matter what) and then line up the strongest first announcement they can to find some new people to sell to. 

Another panic buyer. After GM selling out yesterday I don’t see these hanging around for too long. Amazing they are on final tier already!

Anyway ticket bought for next year and bringing my best gig friend for his first visit. I’m one of the few actually hoping for the Pixies again! 😬

Edited by mario man

1 minute ago, mario man said:

Another panic buyer. After GM selling out yesterday I don’t see these hanging around for too long. Amazing they are on final tier already!

Anyway ticket bought for next year and bringing my best gig friend for his first visit. I’m one of the few actually hoping for the Pixies again! 😬

And Angel

On 9/17/2021 at 10:10 PM, Punksnotdead said:

You're not alone. Of course they're not as good as they were, but at least half of their set will be the classic old stuff.

I've seen them a ton of times over the years (since reforming). Sometimes it's been fine. and sometimes it's been rip roaringly fantastic... I couldn't tell you what differentiated one set from the other though!