All Points East Festival 2022

Hutchmaster

2 hours ago, Semprini said:

That code isn't working when I try it? Are there individual ones for each customer?

Sorry we should have said that code was our one so once it's used by some one on here then it's dead. Code currently still valid atm for APE a) tame and b) national. Other days have been used so have gone now I'm afraid 

If you know anyone with 02 priority app they should have also had the same offer so you could ask them for their 2-4-1 code if not being used. Hope you get your tix 🙂

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Raspberry said:

Sorry we should have said that code was our one so once it's used by some one on here then it's dead. Code currently still valid atm for APE a) tame and b) national. Other days have been used so have gone now I'm afraid 

If you know anyone with 02 priority app they should have also had the same offer so you could ask them for their 2-4-1 code if not being used. Hope you get your tix

Thanks for that. Been looking at the Disclosure day but might hold out for a bit to see if any better deals come up. 2-4-1 is still pretty decent though so thanks for the heads up 😎

I think the issue I have is merely my friend tells me APE - as a festival - is pretty ropey, from sound to organisation. Couple it with the fact there are other events around the time I might fancy and this is a toss-up.

I'm assuming Cave will promptly announce a run of UK shows as soon as it is in the can - if he can be kind enough to set them for February next year, I'll be delighted.

4 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

I think the issue I have is merely my friend tells me APE - as a festival - is pretty ropey, from sound to organisation. Couple it with the fact there are other events around the time I might fancy and this is a toss-up.

I'm assuming Cave will promptly announce a run of UK shows as soon as it is in the can - if he can be kind enough to set them for February next year, I'll be delighted.

Organisation has always been very good imo - i've not had issues with sound but i know a lot of people have. Just get central in the crowd i guess

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

I don't love APE, having been a few times. Crowd is usually a bit shit and full of chatters (probably not helped by the freebie/cheap tickets!). That's why I don't want to pay full price for it despite being a huge Cave fan. I'd rather see them on their own tour but I'll go to APE if I can get a deal, especially with the rest of the lineup!

Organisation has never seemed that bad to me. Just always feels a bit soulless, as most London day festival do.

16 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I don't love APE, having been a few times. Crowd is usually a bit shit and full of chatters (probably not helped by the freebie/cheap tickets!). That's why I don't want to pay full price for it despite being a huge Cave fan. I'd rather see them on their own tour but I'll go to APE if I can get a deal, especially with the rest of the lineup!

Organisation has never seemed that bad to me. Just always feels a bit soulless, as most London day festival do.

Fair enough. That seems an apt assessment shared by many.

Will sleep on it, and see what I think in the morning.

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Just seen that the Tame Impala day is 2 hours shorter than all the others (hence fewer acts):

Thursday 25 August 2022
Primary Entry Doors: 14:00
GA Doors: 15:00

Well spotted. But 8 hours instead of 10 hours should mean 20% less acts, not less than half...

7 hours ago, xxialac said:

Just seen that the Tame Impala day is 2 hours shorter than all the others (hence fewer acts):

Thursday 25 August 2022
Primary Entry Doors: 14:00
GA Doors: 15:00

Good spot, wonder if that seals its fate for no more acts. Might contact them actually and will report back

4 hours ago, Bxckxh said:

I did read earlier that Tame is due to be doing like a 6 hour set as they’re doing their album tour set and another set that’s separate but like this immersive live experience thing.

is the immersive live experience thing them performing live?

pretty sure if this were the case it'd be marketed as such, they're desperate to sell tickets as it is

Edited by scatteredscreens

4 hours ago, Bxckxh said:

I did read earlier that Tame is due to be doing like a 6 hour set as they’re doing their album tour set and another set that’s separate but like this immersive live experience thing.

Do you have a source for this?  As mentioned, it's very odd if this is true and wasn't mentioned in the marketing materials.  I imagine the day's sold very badly so far being on a Thurs and with the tiny line up of miss-matched bands.

I know somebody who kinda knows someone helping with the organisation of the event. Yes it’s a bit weird they wouldn’t put that in the marketing of the night, I agree. All I can figure at the moment is that they have 2 different sets, which makes me believe something will be between the 2. Don’t know what that is yet. The immersive thing is still them performing live but they’re still trying to figure out what is and isn’t possible in terms of equipment and space. And then their slow rush tour performance will be another separate set. Explains a bit why there isn’t as many other acts on their night. 

Also they did kinda mention it once in the description of one of their Instagram posts weeks ago. But they really didn’t write it properly and most people probably didn’t get it. It says their slow rush tour AND acclaimed live show. That’s the immersive experience I’m talking about. They’re separate but tbh they could’ve explained it better and mentioned it more than just that one time, which is why I think people are confused about the line up for their night. As for sales, as far as I know all but about one is selling slowly. There’s been lots of complaints about people buying tickets in the past, just for there to be lots of discounts and free tickets nearer the time. Most people are holding off. It’ll go from being slow to suddenly tickets going quicker nearer the time when plans are definite for all nights. And likely discounts. Don’t know when that’ll be mind you. 

F74DBB9D-37DD-41A2-AA98-19D106D8BDC6.jpeg

3 hours ago, Bxckxh said:

Also they did kinda mention it once in the description of one of their Instagram posts weeks ago. But they really didn’t write it properly and most people probably didn’t get it. It says their slow rush tour AND acclaimed live show. That’s the immersive experience I’m talking about. They’re separate but tbh they could’ve explained it better and mentioned it more than just that one time, which is why I think people are confused about the line up for their night. As for sales, as far as I know all but about one is selling slowly. There’s been lots of complaints about people buying tickets in the past, just for there to be lots of discounts and free tickets nearer the time. Most people are holding off. It’ll go from being slow to suddenly tickets going quicker nearer the time when plans are definite for all nights. And likely discounts. Don’t know when that’ll be mind you. 

F74DBB9D-37DD-41A2-AA98-19D106D8BDC6.jpeg

This just sounds like its their first UK show playing their new album's tunes. If they were doing two sets and it was special they'd be advertising the hell out of it.

Even if its two sets there still must be two stages minimum to fit the acts, so there must be more to come still to fill those both up.

4 hours ago, gfa said:

This just sounds like its their first UK show playing their new album's tunes. If they were doing two sets and it was special they'd be advertising the hell out of it.

Even if its two sets there still must be two stages minimum to fit the acts, so there must be more to come still to fill those both up.

It is, but it’s also in addition to the other live thingy. I wish I could explain what it is better lol. But again they’re still confirming if what they want to do is even possible which could explain the lack of marketing so not to promise something that isn’t for definite. Although they are leaving it pretty late if that’s the case.

and you have a good point about the other stages. Not sure what’s happening there. I’ll give it a month and if it’s still uncertain I’ll ask Kevin myself because I also want to know what happening. I’ve been to a few of his concerts around the world and have had the fortune of spending time with him a few times. But don’t really want to take that step right now because there’s still time for things to change and I don’t want to be intrusive when the issues of the extra set are most likely being handled by his manager.