All Points East Festival 2022

Hutchmaster

39 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Think she tweeted and said she wasn't playing a few weeks back so I don't think she is.

If she did it’s been deleted, can’t see anything on her Twitter feed. 

stage times must be due before the weekend as the festival starts next weekend so I guess we’ll see then.

hoping Kraftwerk don’t get mugged off with a short set - they’re being billed as Co-headliners so should get at least 90 mins which seems to be a standard APE headline set.

5 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

Does anyone have the link to the Amex offer please? I have not received an email and cannot find anything about it.

I bought my tix for The National & Nick Cave using my Amex so worth seeing if they will still honour the offer.

https://www.axs.com/uk/series/15503/luno-presents-all-points-east-2022-american-expresslast-minute-tickets-tickets?skin=amexuk

57 minutes ago, xxialac said:

If you buy a ticket with Amex now you get a free upgrade to VIP.

Worth 40 quid so a pretty good deal tbf for any day likely to be full enough not to need seat fillers in the final week. Field Day for example you could wait til 2 days before to see if there are any freebies/cheapies before buying (assuming the upgrades aren't limited and sell out in the meantime). I wouldn't do it for Tame Impala as it looks almost certain there'll be some better deals. But I might get one for The National if no cheapies appear by the closing date

8 minutes ago, becca_ said:

This festival is becoming so funny to me, I just feel like everything is either falling apart or being given away for free. HOW will they make any money??

There's a ton of sponsorships from massive companies involved. Whole festival will be flooded with corporate stuff from crypto to BMW. I guess they hope to eventually make money off of ticket sales, but for now the sponsorships are propping it up.

11 minutes ago, Al2006 said:

VIP view is quite good right… does it get full though? I’m tempted to get VIP for one of the days (either nick cave or the national).. and hold out for freebies for the other

The Amex deal isn’t for VIP View - just for the backstage VIP area. It’s nice and chilled with better loos. But you need View to get a better view! 

45 minutes ago, bloodborne said:

There's a ton of sponsorships from massive companies involved. Whole festival will be flooded with corporate stuff from crypto to BMW. I guess they hope to eventually make money off of ticket sales, but for now the sponsorships are propping it up.

Ahh yes that's a good point

Festivals and events are generally holding their nerve this year and trying to maximise ticket sales right up to the week of the event/s, which makes total sense coming out of the pandemic. I'm not expecting any kind of deals until a few days before each event really, and I'm not expecting deals for every show either.

Having done this sort of thing previously All Points East can't make a habit of this or (as we've seen from a lot of people posting in this thread) nobody's ever going to buy tickets in advance for their events in future years because they just expect cheapo links to be passed around. It devalues the brand over time.

56 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Festivals and events are generally holding their nerve this year and trying to maximise ticket sales right up to the week of the event/s, which makes total sense coming out of the pandemic. I'm not expecting any kind of deals until a few days before each event really, and I'm not expecting deals for every show either.

Having done this sort of thing previously All Points East can't make a habit of this or (as we've seen from a lot of people posting in this thread) nobody's ever going to buy tickets in advance for their events in future years because they just expect cheapo links to be passed around. It devalues the brand over time.

Agree but APE have already done a 2 for 1 this Summer. 50% off is pretty significant so they've already devalued the brand again this year.