All Points East Festival 2022

Hutchmaster

16 hours ago, Livvy Mae said:

are the trains running? i've seen that all trains between manchester and london are heavily impacted by strike and 'unofficial' strike action, and from this sunday til 11th september all tickets are off sale for the foreseeable (was on bbc north west i think).

Well done to the Government for stopping overtime which now means a shortage of drivers! 

Hopefully we make it somehow! 

I bought three field day tickets on the day of release via festicket- have downloaded the app today to get the tickets and I have 6 in my account. They all have unique ID #s etc, definitely 6 tickets there, and I definitely didn't take advantage of any 2 4 1 offers. Do you think these will be taken back off me at some point? 

That sort of ultra-purism would work in a music industry where bands aren't completely reliant on playing live to a) continue to exist as artists and b) pay rent.

AEG suck but so do LiveNation, ClearChannel, Ticketmaster, SJM and every fucker involved in nearly all aspects of large and medium sized music events and ticketing. Blaming the artists for having to work within those systems is such a shit, stupid take and only the most privileged ones are able to turn down gigs like this purely out of morals.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

8 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

That sort of ultra-purism would work in a music industry where bands aren't completely reliant on playing live to a) continue to exist as artists and b) pay rent.

AEG suck but so do LiveNation, ClearChannel, Ticketmaster, SJM and every fucker involved in nearly all aspects of large and medium sized music events and ticketing. Blaming the artists for having to work within those systems is such a shit, stupid take and only the most privileged ones are able to turn down gigs like this purely out of morals.

Yep, look at Pearl Jam. They tried to take a stand over the likes of Ticketmaster only to be mocked and then lost.

36 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Yeah I agree, the entire well is pretty much tainted when it comes to live music on a bigger scale. I like John but he is in his Quietus echo chamber where he's been quite lucky to be able to do what he does on his own platform and not really have that many dealings with massive organisations.

10 minutes ago, jump said:

I reactivated my Facebook account to look at that as I got excited and thought this was finally the free tickets only to see it's an announcement of an announcement.

Now back to deactivating Facebook!

Sorry, I couldn't get it to embed, I tried twice.

Anyway, Gorillaz are announcing the special guests soon. The show goes on...

I’m still flabbergasted they aren’t cancelling or rescheduling. I most certainly won’t be going, if I wasn’t going to the next day I might do bt getting back will be a pain with the strikes and all that - bit ridiculous really!

Yeah, the crowd's going to be really thin but I guess APE have run the numbers and figure it's better to put it on than not.

It's very unusual for the band to announce their special guests in advance but I suppose it might convince a few die-hard fans of De La Soul/Robert Smith/Little Simz/whoever to grab tickets.

1 minute ago, jannybruck said:

Yeah, the crowd's going to be really thin but I guess APE have run the numbers and figure it's better to put it on than not.

It's very unusual for the band to announce their special guests in advance but I suppose it might convince a few die-hard fans of De La Soul/Robert Smith/Little Simz/whoever to grab tickets.

I just presumed it was another band playing before them!

1 hour ago, gfa said:

I think its too early to rule out a reschedule. Coldplay did it with like 5 days notice and that was a stadium show too so double the size.

I’m pretty sure the day Coldplay rescheduled is the same day Gorillaz are playing which is why I was adamant they’d end up rescheduling Gorillaz - my thoughts are the promoters have obviously too much to lose by rescheduling therefore they won’t now, which puts me in a pickle to say the least! Wouldn’t be so bad if I didn’t have a ticket to The Saturday