All Points East Festival 2022

Hutchmaster

Just now, stuie said:

A bad/worse experience for the original poster. 

It's subjective. 

Let's agree to disagree. 

Of course it's subjective. Except the poster literally responded to my points made. I don't know why you're defending the idea of drinking at a gig so much. I literally don't have a problem with it, what I do have a problem with is when people imply you're gonna have a worse time without them. It's toxic and pressures people into doing things they don't want to do!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Of course it's subjective. Except the poster literally responded to my points made. I don't know why you're defending the idea of drinking at a gig so much. I literally don't have a problem with it, what I do have a problem with is when people imply you're gonna have a worse time without them. It's toxic and pressures people into doing things they don't want to do!

Oh for god sake. The original poster said they had a worse time without it, not that other people would.  They were talking about their self, not you.

Edited by stuie

2 minutes ago, stuie said:

Oh for god sake. The original poster said they had a worse time without it, not that other people would.  They were talking about their self, not you.

Feel free to reply to this where they said this, they said sober gigs suck and then when I said 'I've been to loads sober and it's fine' I was replied with 'orange juice sounds like a party'. So yeah they were talking about me.

Like I said, drinking at gigs, totally ok! Making people feel bad for not deciding to drink, not ok!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Let's agree that you're wrong. 

The poster literally jumped in to say that 'sober gigs suck'!

That's their opinion.  It doesn't mean everyone who's not drinking is having a shit time. 

Berating people for what they like won't change them.

6 minutes ago, stuie said:

That's their opinion.  It doesn't mean everyone who's not drinking is having a shit time. 

Berating people for what they like won't change them.

Eh?

He literally implied that everyone not drinking is having a shit time by following up with an attack on the OP, "orange juice sounds like a party".

For how long are you going to argue that black is white?

For all this talk about how drinkers are making the non-drinkers feel toxic pressure or thow hey are being berated I can't help but notice they are the ones calling the drinkers embarrassing or they only to know to enjoy themselves through drinks. lol

For reference the last gig I went to I didn't go to the bar at all as the lines were fucking massive, I still had fun but would have had more fun if I was able to drink so yeah, it does suck in comparison.

Edited by jump

1 minute ago, jump said:

For all this talk about how drinkers are making the non-drinkers feel toxic pressure or thow hey are being berated I can't help but notice they are the ones calling the drinkers embarrassing or they only to know to enjoy themselves through drinks. lol

For reference the last gig I went to I didn't go to the bar at all the lines were fucking massive, I still had fun but would have had more fun if I was able to drink so yeah, it does suck in comparison.

And that's fine! I just have a problem with the idea that one way is better than the other, which is why I was harsh in my response to you.

Just now, TheSeventhOne said:

Think the OTT reaction to an offhand comment about someone's relationship with alcohol actually says more about you than them tbh. Nothing embarrassing about it and if you're like me and prone to anxiety it actually really helps in gig situations.

Then go and get some help, drinking your way through social anxiety is a horrible way to help it.

43 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Then go and get some help, drinking your way through social anxiety is a horrible way to help it.

Please stop!  If someone wants a couple of pints to enjoy a gig more and they are happy with that, they don't need to get some help. 

Some people have a problematic relationship with alcohol but not everyone does. 

Edited by stuie
  • Upvote 5

32 minutes ago, she bangs the drums said:

Me too, I'm planning on train to Euston then the 205 bus to Mile End Station (which wasn't listed as one of the depot on strike)

https://tfl.gov.uk/bus/route/205

Just FYI as someone that's done this bus regularly it takes a long time (and strike day will be bad) so make sure you factor in for about an hour to get from Euston to Mile End, and then a 20 minute walk up to Victoria Park.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, she bangs the drums said:

Me too, I'm planning on train to Euston then the 205 bus to Mile End Station (which wasn't listed as one of the depot on strike)

https://tfl.gov.uk/bus/route/205

are the trains running? i've seen that all trains between manchester and london are heavily impacted by strike and 'unofficial' strike action, and from this sunday til 11th september all tickets are off sale for the foreseeable (was on bbc north west i think).

Dont know if there are any NHS/Police etc staff who dont know about bluelights tickets. If you think you qualify they have ballots for lots of the APE days. Well worth joining if you work for the gov depts it covers.

https://bluelighttickets.co.uk/

Picked up some nice tickets from bluelights over the last few years. So well recommend signing up if you qualify and have not come across it before.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dales said:

Dont know if there are any NHS/Police etc staff who dont know about bluelights tickets. If you think you qualify they have ballots for lots of the APE days. Well worth joining if you work for the gov depts it covers.

https://bluelighttickets.co.uk/

Picked up some nice tickets from bluelights over the last few years. So well recommend signing up if you qualify and have not come across it before.

much appreciated! have been in hmpps for a year and only got my card last week so amazing timing - thanks again!