All Points East Festival 2022

Hutchmaster

6 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

What about parking? My original plan was to drive from Nottingham, park for the day and then drive back - would parking be difficult to find?

I’m thinking for the Gorillaz day

I live locally (literally 30 second walk from Victoria Park) and not any long parking options locally really, probably need to park somewhere a bit further out and travel in… which of course puts the problem back at square one. My brothers having the same problem coming up from the South Coast.

Honestly, what are the chances of the Gorillaz day being cancelled? Just seems like a logistical nightmare and people won’t bother going. Will it be damage limitation opening the gates, or would it make more sense for them to cancel?

as mentioned above post, I live right by VP, and it’s chaos/carnage at the end of APE without the Tube/Train/Bus strikes to account for. Will pose a risk and I Doubt LBTH/LBH will be ok with it.

2 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

What about parking? My original plan was to drive from Nottingham, park for the day and then drive back - would parking be difficult to find?

Not a huge amount of street parking around there. There are car parks around eg Shoreditch or Stratford but it still means you need to get to the actual park, which would probably be a 30-40 minute walk. So depends if you can handle that after standing all day.

35 minutes ago, NWUYC said:

Honestly, what are the chances of the Gorillaz day being cancelled? Just seems like a logistical nightmare and people won’t bother going. Will it be damage limitation opening the gates, or would it make more sense for them to cancel?

as mentioned above post, I live right by VP, and it’s chaos/carnage at the end of APE without the Tube/Train/Bus strikes to account for. Will pose a risk and I Doubt LBTH/LBH will be ok with it.

As it is after 90 days before the event it likely means APE will still have to pay the artists some or the full amount of their fees which is standard thing in contracts, that’s a big hit to take.

1 hour ago, Jack.194 said:

I parked just off Mile End Road for the Foals day last year. Regular on-street, so free, but have to go a fair way down. Was a bank holiday though, so could only do the Gorillaz day after 5.30…

I’m affected by the bus strikes too - meaning that I’ll probably not be going to Gorillaz day even if they don’t cancel it.

im also thinking not to go to National day now because King Gizz aren’t playing.

I think the companies will get at least some of the services running with a better offer to the workers ultimately (I know a bus driver and this is his opinion based on his mate whose the shop steward) but if they don’t APE will have no option but to cancel surely

2 hours ago, Jack.194 said:

Yes, they extend roadside parking restrictions on event days. 

Maybe if Gorillaz gets canned someone / multiple acts from that day will get moved to the National day as a way to try and perform damage control or something.

This is what we’re looking at right??

Friday 19th Gorillaz - bus, tube, overground

Saturday 20th Field Day - overground, bus

Thursday 25th Tame Impala -

Friday 26th National -

Saturday 27th Disclosure -

Sunday 28th Nick Cave - 

——

could weekend 1 be binned off altogether? Only doing 1 day that is very effected by strikes may not even be worth bothering with, as it doesn’t have the economies of scale that 4 days in a row have. I guess most of the money is spent now though

Edited by gfa

44 minutes ago, gfa said:

Maybe if Gorillaz gets canned someone / multiple acts from that day will get moved to the National day as a way to try and perform damage control or something.

Friday 26th National -

Sunday 28th Nick Cave - 

——

could weekend 1 be binned off altogether? Only doing 1 day that is very effected by strikes may not even be worth bothering with, as it doesn’t have the economies of scale that 4 days in a row have. I guess most of the money is spent now though

I think Friday 19th might be saved as it’s just London Overground rather than all overground trains.  

Saturday 20th will be a right nightmare

8 minutes ago, sisco said:

I think Friday 19th might be saved as it’s just London Overground rather than all overground trains.  

Saturday 20th will be a right nightmare

General consensus is friday is more at risk because nothing is running? Saturday has the tube at least

Friday is much worse affected in terms of amount of people able to get to the site because of the bus and tube strike. For a lot of people there's going to be literally no way to get to the park from where they are in the city (keep in mind all the staff, tech people, security and artists need to get on site as well - most of whom would normally use public transport).

Even if you managed to somehow walk to a DLR/Elizabeth stop it's still a half hour walk to the park from the nearest stop at Stratford.

It's just going to be chaos both days for various reasons and gives me a headache just thinking about.

2 hours ago, gfa said:

Friday 26th National -

Sunday 28th Nick Cave - 

——

If doesn't work quite like that, if you lose one day the costs of the other days goes up too making both weekends at risk rather than having a couple of days losing money. Plus one of their biggest expenses the acts would still have to be paid when it's binned this close.

I wonder if they will consider doing a shuttle service which goes from APE to the major train stations like Victoria/Waterloo (you'd only need to do one of those since people can change at Clapham Junction to get to the other), Paddington and St Pancras. It wont help everyone but those are some of the biggest places people will be coming from and are easier than Victoria Park to get to if you're a city dweller or if Big Green Coaches will add APE in the last minute to do services from the surrounding London areas like Kingston, Chelmsford etc for the national rail strike day.

Edited by jump
  • Upvote 2

At this point as all the options of getting to the festival are on strike on the same day if they don’t cancel or reschedule it then I’d be staggered.

I’ll be forced to sell my ticket for whatever I can get if they still go ahead as it will literally be impossible to get there otherwise.

2 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

At this point as all the options of getting to the festival are on strike on the same day if they don’t cancel or reschedule it then I’d be staggered.

I’ll be forced to sell my ticket for whatever I can get if they still go ahead as it will literally be impossible to get there otherwise.

Surely if they’re going to it’ll have to be tommorow.  12 days out is cutting it fine now

4 minutes ago, sisco said:

Surely if they’re going to it’ll have to be tommorow.  12 days out is cutting it fine now

Agreed.

Closest main line station seems to be Essex Road, which I can’t get to as that involves a tube for me to get there from where I am on the opposite side of the city 🤣

it’s annoying, but I guess I’d be fine with it were I not able to go. As things stand at least the tube will be running on Kraftwerk day so at least there is that.

Edited by mungo57

I know common sense says they should cancel but do they hang on to see if last minute deals are cut with unoins and employers? That way they may not loose out if transport does end up running.

I just wonder will they make the call they have our money and they are putting on the event and its "our choice to turn up or not" They may not see it as there problem. It might come down to whether they can get staff and crew on site by doing pick. ups etc. 

I can walk and so for once will not be effected by these strikes but have recently had conversations with my partner about cutting down on concerts as currently constant cancellations/rescheduling and strikes is causing so much trouble and spoiling the enjoyment of many nights out. With the cost of living issues it might be time to cut down a bit and maybe make last minute decisions about buying tickets. We have decided that we will think twice about booking stuff unless its somewhere like Ally Pally where we can drive.

If it was just about people getting to the festival they would absolutely let you work your own route out. The problem is at 11pm or so when the music stops and a massive crowd of people are suddenly dumped into the local area with no means of getting home. Lots of large events have serious problems with crowd control on the way out, even with a full public transport service.

I seriously doubt the local council will even allow them to go on the 19th ahead unless they can somehow come up with an alternative solution. They'd have to like, put on shuttle buses or something to make it workable. And as an audience member I'm not sure how much confidence I'd put in that.

3 minutes ago, The Crimson King said:

They won’t cancel. The site has started building already.

No doubt most of the festival will go ahead. The first weekend, particularly the Gorillaz day, is looking seriously questionable.

20 minutes ago, bloodborne said:

No doubt most of the festival will go ahead. The first weekend, particularly the Gorillaz day, is looking seriously questionable.

There was no cancelation for the strikes on the days at BST. Admittedly buses were running.

I had tickets for NIN at Brixton one of those nights and tried to get across the city but failed. 

5 minutes ago, The Crimson King said:

There was no cancelation for the strikes on the days at BST. Admittedly buses were running.

I had tickets for NIN at Brixton one of those nights and tried to get across the city but failed. 

I had NIN tix in Brixton too, couldn't go due to the strikes.

Glad the Tame day isn't affected. So far, ahem.