All Points East Festival 2022

Hutchmaster

Another winner of the Tinder competition here.  T's & C's of the affidavit were a bit unusual.

Their email said "Once you’ve done this we’ll be sending an e-ticket straight to your email" but I haven't heard anything further yet. Would seem odd if they just send a random day that you might not be able to go to. 

25 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

Another winner of the Tinder competition here.  T's & C's of the affidavit were a bit unusual.

Their email said "Once you’ve done this we’ll be sending an e-ticket straight to your email" but I haven't heard anything further yet. Would seem odd if they just send a random day that you might not be able to go to. 

I fully agree. I signed the Ts and Cs but there was a lot of odd stuff about being able to use your details and likeness in publicity and stuff (a bit like a model release form).

Starting to seem like a bit of a weird scam or something...

7 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I fully agree. I signed the Ts and Cs but there was a lot of odd stuff about being able to use your details and likeness in publicity and stuff (a bit like a model release form).

Starting to seem like a bit of a weird scam or something...

I can only assume that it's a standard form Tinder use for competitions and that most of it is not legally enforceable anyway. Asking us to waive our rights in respect of defamation, portraying us in a false light or invasion of privacy - very odd.

1 hour ago, FakeEmpire said:

That’s what they said to me! But then they followed up after I’d signed saying “Our team will reach out to you either on social media or email next week just to confirm timings and ticket info with you!

6 minutes ago, becca_ said:

That’s what they said to me! But then they followed up after I’d signed saying “Our team will reach out to you either on social media or email next week just to confirm timings and ticket info with you!

Same! Then I specifically asked which date it was for or if I could pick and they said: "Our team will be confirming all of this with you next week and they’ll be able to let you know more in detail which option this is for you 😊"

Whatever the fuck that means. Definitely feels a bit dodgy.

7 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Doesn’t sound dodgy to me at all, just poor comms.

The norm for these competition things is you get an email asking which day you want and then they put you on the guestlist.

They won’t use your photo for publicity.

Just feels like they're being unnecessarily shady. Why not just say that when I specifically asked?

46 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I've won ticket competitions before and it's always been a lot more straightforward and clear what the prize is. I'm happy to have won if it's actually a date I want to go but am not really confident that will be the case now. Guess we'll see.

Yep completely agree, it seems shady and I’ll only believe it’s actually legit when Im inside the event. 

3 hours ago, xxialac said:

The competition promoter is a 1billion dollar company, it’s not Stan’s White Van Hire.

Seems like it’s just a case of them not being joined up on comms and there’s still weeks to go yet.

Ambiguous T&Cs and no indication of what day, and if you’ll get to choose, doesn’t exactly suggest well run competition lol 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, becca_ said:

Ambiguous T&Cs and no indication of what day, and if you’ll get to choose, doesn’t exactly suggest well run competition lol 

I’m agreeing with you, it’s obviously shoddily run.

My point was it’s not a scam nor some kind of trick to get something from you and they’ll honour your prize.

16 hours ago, xxialac said:

I’m agreeing with you, it’s obviously shoddily run.

My point was it’s not a scam nor some kind of trick to get something from you and they’ll honour your prize.

No I don’t think it’s a scam I just don’t think I’ll actually get a ticket for a day I can go!

Anyway it’s going to be fun comparing all the tens of competitions that pop up in the next few weeks - surely there will be TONS. 

Seriously hoping there will be. I've got tickets to The National (did the early bird pre-reveal and decided that was the day me and my partner liked the look of most at the time). 

If I'm honest I'd deffo get a full priced Nick Cave ticket but the rest of the days there's certainly stuff I want to see but not enough to justify the price. 

Fingers crossed especially for Tame Impala and Field Day as I want to see Kraftwerk and Caroline Polachek. 

Coldplay have rescheduled an entire gig due to happen on Gorillaz day, which gives you an idea of how panicky they are about that strike having an effect on events.

It's chaos enough travelling around the city on tube strike days, let alone trying to get to somewhere like Victoria Park from the other side of the city.

27 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Coldplay have rescheduled an entire gig due to happen on Gorillaz day, which gives you an idea of how panicky they are about that strike having an effect on events.

It's chaos enough travelling around the city on tube strike days, let alone trying to get to somewhere like Victoria Park from the other side of the city.

True though this is rescheduled along side other dates on the tour so won't cost the band / promoter much money to swap the dates. It will impact people who have booked travel and hotels around these dates though there will be other people willing to take their tickets at it's sold out? 

APE would have to change to an alternative weekend which given people have already invested in travel and hotels, so you will not only piss off people who have booked by changing the dates, plus if they offered refunds to the paying customers who cannot make an alternative weekend, there is hardly going to be a rush on tickets now given 90% of people on here are on the lookout for freebies! 

I've checked out and there are lots of buses running too.