All Points East Festival 2022

Hutchmaster

1 minute ago, Tomos_ said:

Heading down to APE for the first time this year (for The National/King Gizzard day). Do you usually get stage splits/stage times beforehand? Can't really find anything online

I think you do but not until a lot closer to the event. Feel like they maybe had an app before? Either way I know I definitely knew the timings going in.

44 minutes ago, Tomos_ said:

Heading down to APE for the first time this year (for The National/King Gizzard day). Do you usually get stage splits/stage times beforehand? Can't really find anything online

They have an app with the schedule, I think a few days beforehand. It’s supposed to alert you when your favourites are due to play, but this hasn’t worked for me properly. 

Yep, the app usually works fine for us with detailed stage times etc, though I agree about the alerts.

Already going to the National and Nick Cave days (on 2 for 1), but the Tame Impala day is starting to look attractive at least on a similar 2 for 1 basis. Tame Impala, Caribou, Working Men's Club (really great live), Dry Cleaning and Goat are all worth seeing, and Mattiel has had a good album or two out.

On 7/26/2022 at 12:11 PM, YunT said:

Yes, I was talking about leaving a little bit earlier, but I trust you if you say that is usually not that crowded at the exit.

Thanks again!

Citymapper might be worth downloading - its usually a little bit more helpful than Google Maps.  Here's a crazy suggestion for getting back to Victoria: have a little walk - I'd suggest the Hackney or Dalston direction - and jump on a bus.  Buses run sporadically through the night and, from the top deck, they're a good way to see the city.  There's also some great pubs and bars between Victoria park and Hackney/Dalston (if they're still open) if you were feeling like continuing the night. 

9 hours ago, Al2006 said:

Does anyone have any tips for how to get really cheap tickets on the day..? I live a 15 min walk from all points east so I can be very last minute.

last year it was a case of looking at twickets the week of the event, but there were a few sell outs then so this year there’s probably going to be giveaways on top. 

On 7/27/2022 at 3:43 PM, rivaldo said:

Yep, the app usually works fine for us with detailed stage times etc, though I agree about the alerts.

Already going to the National and Nick Cave days (on 2 for 1), but the Tame Impala day is starting to look attractive at least on a similar 2 for 1 basis. Tame Impala, Caribou, Working Men's Club (really great live), Dry Cleaning and Goat are all worth seeing, and Mattiel has had a good album or two out.

Is the nick cave 2 4 1 deal still available??

5 minutes ago, gregory said:

Japanese Breakfast was sneakily removed from the poster last week, now they have announced she's pulled out. Who (if anyone) will replace her..?

Damn she has pulled out of so many things as of late, pulled out of Primavera last minute as well for no reason other than 'scheduling issues'. 

I just got a direct message from Tinder to say I've won their ticket comp from last Friday! Anyone else? I think it's tickets for all days so if there is a way to share them with people here I will. I only want to go on the Cave day but may go to one more... Will peruse the lineups!

Nick Cave, Anna Calvi, Kae Tempest and The Smile for free! What a day.

• Upvote 3