All Points East Festival 2022

Hutchmaster

59 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

There is some useful info on allpointseastfestival.com/info/travel-info

Four stations with the nearest being 10 to 15 minutes walk, although in reality this can take a lot longer with crowds!

According to the site there will be no night tube, so services usually run until like 12.30.

Be some form of Central Line night tube from Mile End.

1 hour ago, YunT said:

Hey everyone,

Just a quick question from some newbies coming from Barcelona, how does the festival transport work? Especially at the exit, as I see that the concerts end around 11 pm. 

Is the metro still available? Is there any alternative option like buses? 

If not, there's always the option of taking a taxi, but I guess that would look like WW III 😂

Thanks in advance.

PS: We are attending The National's day (friday), in case that changes anything or the metro runs later in the night

Whereabouts is your hotel -  will help us help you more. You should be okay, definitely try and leave promptly as even stopping at the toilets for 5 minutes will mean about 10,000 people get ahead of you!

Thank you all for the tips and the info, it help us a lot.

We are staying a little further south of Westminster, not far from Victoria Station. 

And we definitely won't be leaving at 11pm because I already figured that's when all the queues will form. We were at this year's Primavera Sound so we have a PhD in that area lol.

Still, it's great to know that there is an hour and a half to catch a tube. 

1 minute ago, YunT said:

Thank you all for the tips and the info, it help us a lot.

We are staying a little further south of Westminster, not far from Victoria Station. 

And we definitely won't be leaving at 11pm because I already figured that's when all the queues will form. We were at this year's Primavera Sound so we have a PhD in that area lol.

Still, it's great to know that there is an hour and a half to catch a tube. 

You should be fine staying that central -  easiest way is just to ride the District line from Mile End.

You'll have to leave the site at 11 as it will be shutting then! You might be able to go to another bar or something but in my experience there is fuck all near the site itself.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

You should be fine staying that central -  easiest way is just to ride the District line from Mile End.

You'll have to leave the site at 11 as it will be shutting then! You might be able to go to another bar or something but in my experience there is fuck all near the site itself.

Ah wait do you mean you will leave earlier? You shouldn't have to. Just might take a bit of a slow shuffle to the station but if you don't mind that you'll have bags of time to get the tube.

I was at Primavera this year too and never seen it that bad at APE!

3 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Ah wait do you mean you will leave earlier? You shouldn't have to. Just might take a bit of a slow shuffle to the station but if you don't mind that you'll have bags of time to get the tube.

I was at Primavera this year too and never seen it that bad at APE!

Yes, I was talking about leaving a little bit earlier, but I trust you if you say that is usually not that crowded at the exit.

Thanks again!

1 hour ago, YunT said:

Yes, I was talking about leaving a little bit earlier, but I trust you if you say that is usually not that crowded at the exit.

Thanks again!

Just back out the crowd in encore and leave promptly at the end of the last song and you'll be all good 🙂 

Train Strikes also announced for 18th & 20th August - assume the 19th will be impacted as well as a result.

Will surely hamper attendance and ticket sales for that weekend? Very annoying as had Gorillaz tickets which might be worthless now as can't go.

50 minutes ago, NWUYC said:

Train Strikes also announced for 18th & 20th August - assume the 19th will be impacted as well as a result.

Will surely hamper attendance and ticket sales for that weekend? Very annoying as had Gorillaz tickets which might be worthless now as can't go.

They definitely won't be worthless mate I'll give you a tenner each

• Like 1

2 hours ago, big hog said:

So if there are tube strikes on the 19th, and national rail strikes the day after meaning services stop early. How's anyone getting home from that Gorillaz day? Seems like a major issue to me. Might not even be worth a free ticket if you're not local. 

Good question!  I arrive in London on the 19th, thought I had dodged a bullet on the train strikes but not sure how I get to my hotel / to the festival and back for Gorillaz day.  I bought the 2-4-1 tickets to see Turnstile and Idles though thinking it was a bad idea now!

9 minutes ago, she bangs the drums said:

Good question!  I arrive in London on the 19th, thought I had dodged a bullet on the train strikes but not sure how I get to my hotel / to the festival and back for Gorillaz day.  I bought the 2-4-1 tickets to see Turnstile and Idles though thinking it was a bad idea now!

There will still be buses but they're likely to be busy... where's your hotel?

23 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

There will still be buses but they're likely to be busy... where's your hotel?

Thanks, I'm staying in the Canary Wharf area as that is cheap at weekends with it being a business area. Frustrating as i would have driven if I'd known rather than book train tickets. 

Worst case i will get a bus / taxi

7 minutes ago, she bangs the drums said:

Thanks, I'm staying in the Canary Wharf area as that is cheap at weekends with it being a business area. Frustrating as i would have driven if I'd known rather than book train tickets. 

Worst case i will get a bus / taxi

Hmm yeah not that nearby annoyingly. Hope you manage to get the train tickets refunded at least.

• Thanks 1

Tube strike in 19th for Gorillaz, but the London overground should still be running unless I’ve totally misread the information. If it’s doable (closest station Richmond) I can still go and walk to Hackney wick station or Homerton one or the other to get the train. If not it’s 2 or 3 night buses that’ll be in diversion!

20th for FD will be fine with tubes running

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Isaact said:

Want tickets to Field Day on the 20th - is it best that I wait for comps / cheap giveaways?

100%, if they do 2-4-1 again i'd grab that as not sure it will go to free/£5 level (pretty stacked lineup). Otherwise look out on twickets/ticketswap etc for early tiers going on sale at face value imo

22 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

In theory yeah but strikes on the night tube have meant it's not been running a lot of this past year. The APE website specifically says no night tube so don't know if they have insider info on that.

The night tube strikes were suspended this week - although there’s no guarantee they won’t be reinstated by then given the current climate.

6 minutes ago, GrumpyRaver said:

The night tube strikes were suspended this week - although there’s no guarantee they won’t be reinstated by then given the current climate.

Yeah I saw that after I posted. I wouldn't 100% rely on them as you say but normal tube runs til 12.30 anyway so should be fine.