All Points East Festival 2022

Hutchmaster

On 7/11/2022 at 10:23 AM, timeforheroes said:

Huge oversaturation of events in the capital isn't there. Think before people could justify the train/accommodation a lot easier but feeling the pinch in every direction.

Not sure on this. BST sells out easily but then APE struggles. Seems the finsbury events have done well this year with Fender selling out and i'm sure community/ezra have done decent too. Its a shame as APE makes great bookings - feel it would do a lot better in Spain or somewhere.

47 minutes ago, The Crimson King said:

So will the Tame day be only half the site open? No second stage? 

definitely second stage based off current amount of acts. not too sure about much more than that though - i think theres a DJ stage open too

12 minutes ago, big hog said:

BST sold dreadfully for years until it found the niche it's in now where it can draw in massive legacy acts for a mostly older crowd who will pay the high prices. Wasn't that long ago that they were booking acts like Massive Attack to headline and struggling to give the tickets away. APE is sort of in a similar place now to how BST used to be, I guess hoping that they'll eventually make it a more reliable money maker if they keep going. 

I don't know. That same year of Massive Attack they had as headliners Stevie Wonder, Carole King and Take That who were also surely massive legacy acts for an older crowd.

Incidentally another day that year had the following lineup:

• Florence & The Machine
  • Kendrick Lamar
  • Jamie XX 
  • Khruangbin

Not too shabby...

I paid a fiver I think to see Arcade Fire at BST 2014 but after that year when I remember you could get similar for Sabbath and a couple of other days I can't recall seeing absurdly cheap tickets or giveaways. 

At 68 quid general admission (which is the price most punters are seeing) it's a very expensive ticket for quite average lineups at APE. Cave day, since the latest editions, excepted. 

1 minute ago, collectivisedfarming said:

I paid a fiver I think to see Arcade Fire at BST 2014 but after that year when I remember you could get similar for Sabbath and a couple of other days I can't recall seeing absurdly cheap tickets or giveaways. 

At 68 quid general admission (which is the price most punters are seeing) it's a very expensive ticket for quite average lineups at APE. Cave day, since the latest editions, excepted. 

Woah I paid full price for Arcade Fire like a mug! I remember not even enjoying it that much as was just exhausted from Glastonbury.

Yeah I think the Cave day is best value but am still holding out for a cheap one anyway. I'm not convinced it will sell out as all the diehards would have their tickets by now (would usually include me, but I'm expecting a very similar show to Primavera so not as on it as I normally would be).

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Woah I paid full price for Arcade Fire like a mug! I remember not even enjoying it that much as was just exhausted from Glastonbury.

Yeah I think the Cave day is best value but am still holding out for a cheap one anyway. I'm not convinced it will sell out as all the diehards would have their tickets by now (would usually include me, but I'm expecting a very similar show to Primavera so not as on it as I normally would be).

I’d only go for The Smile so not worth it unless they’re cheapies

1 minute ago, scatteredscreens said:

Nah fuck em, I've paid full for price tickets only to have them reduced down to 2 quid.

They need to price the dates more reasonably to begin with to be honest. If they are going to take months and months to add more acts thats fine, but then if they are doing that use tiers.

3 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Definitely, 0 incentive to buy when it's first announced. 

Saying that , field day is pretty strong and did tiers - the half price tickets put it back to the pre-headliner announcement tier price!