All Points East Festival 2022

Hutchmaster

4 hours ago, sadimmock said:

I do actually wonder if the incredible prices of London hotel rooms over the summer are damaging sales for this? (unless that they had figured that the local market is big enough to support it). 

Are they any worse than say last year? There's definitely a big local market - 10 million in London plus the surrounding suburbs/counties must make at least 15 mil. Then super fans coming down to see act X headline a day.

3 hours ago, jannybruck said:

Probably a combination of this and the sheer cost of the tickets. It's clear the pricing structure they've put in place just isn't working anymore – it maybe did early on when the days felt like they were a bit more themed, but now they aren't and so you're pretty much always going to want to go to more than one because artists you liked are dotted around over different days.

They really need to do a "2 days for £100" type deal as soon as tickets go on sale, or early bird prices, or something – I've no idea why they've always been shy to do anything like this. The amount they spend in retroactive marketing to try and shift tickets is always crazy.

Mega fans will cough up straight away. They should be doing team tickets though at this point.

13 hours ago, gfa said:

Are they any worse than say last year? There's definitely a big local market - 10 million in London plus the surrounding suburbs/counties must make at least 15 mil. Then super fans coming down to see act X headline a day.

Mega fans will cough up straight away. They should be doing team tickets though at this point.

I had a quick glance on a hotel website last week as some friends were going to come and visit and I'd estimate they're probably 30-40% up on what they were last summer.

Part of the reason APE put in exclusivity contracts with headline acts is that they expect fans to travel to attend (and potentially do a couple of days worth of festival), but when you're looking at £600+ for a weekend's worth of festival/travel/hotel even the most die hard fans won't bother.

They’ve also neglected to book anything you wouldn’t be able to see elsewhere relatively easily this summer. Granted, there are UK exclusives, but from acts with a good amount of European dates. So there’s no real need to travel too far for any of them. 

7 hours ago, jannybruck said:

I had a quick glance on a hotel website last week as some friends were going to come and visit and I'd estimate they're probably 30-40% up on what they were last summer.

Part of the reason APE put in exclusivity contracts with headline acts is that they expect fans to travel to attend (and potentially do a couple of days worth of festival), but when you're looking at £600+ for a weekend's worth of festival/travel/hotel even the most die hard fans won't bother.

That is up a lot! £600+ is more than my entire glastonbury even

5 hours ago, stereodista said:

They’ve also neglected to book anything you wouldn’t be able to see elsewhere relatively easily this summer. Granted, there are UK exclusives, but from acts with a good amount of European dates. So there’s no real need to travel too far for any of them. 

Europe is far less easy than the UK, especially for people who work!

4 hours ago, gfa said:

That is up a lot! £600+ is more than my entire glastonbury even

Europe is far less easy than the UK, especially for people who work!

Point taken, but they’re also acts who’ve played over here — very regularly — pre-pandemic. There is nothing exclusive about that line up whatsoever. 

1 hour ago, stereodista said:

Point taken, but they’re also acts who’ve played over here — very regularly — pre-pandemic. There is nothing exclusive about that line up whatsoever. 

Pre-pandemic is still a while ago. Tame Impala for example weren't as big and hadn't done a major tour (doesn't hold strong that given we think its the worst selling day but still!). Not really sure what else they could go for other than what they do - the london festival market is tough!

10 hours ago, gfa said:

Pre-pandemic is still a while ago. Tame Impala for example weren't as big and hadn't done a major tour (doesn't hold strong that given we think its the worst selling day but still!). Not really sure what else they could go for other than what they do - the london festival market is tough!

True enough, but a band like Tame Impala play really pretty regularly. I’m not a fan, Currents aside, and have seen them three or four times.

For me, Gorillaz is the one I’m surprised to see not selling out, but their stock must be considerably lower than I would’ve thought! 

1 hour ago, stereodista said:

True enough, but a band like Tame Impala play really pretty regularly. I’m not a fan, Currents aside, and have seen them three or four times.

For me, Gorillaz is the one I’m surprised to see not selling out, but their stock must be considerably lower than I would’ve thought! 

they did the o2 just last year i guess. 3 nights or was it 2, with 1 NHS only right of the two/three? good support though i guess.

field day is probably only a matter of time before sell out, its stacked (hoping for a cheap ticket otd tho!)

49 minutes ago, gfa said:

they did the o2 just last year i guess. 3 nights or was it 2, with 1 NHS only right of the two/three? good support though i guess.

field day is probably only a matter of time before sell out, its stacked (hoping for a cheap ticket otd tho!)

Yeah, Field Day is definitely far and away the strongest. Still don’t think it’ll sell out, though! The precedent for freebies is too strong! 

1 hour ago, Geodude12 said:

Anyone know if there is a way to sell tickets? I got mine on Ticketmaster and it says no resale or transfer available and that tickets will be in the APE app. Was planning to sell them on twickets 

maybe shoot them an email? it might be enabled nearer the time but you never really know with ticketmaster transfer

3 hours ago, Geodude12 said:

Anyone know if there is a way to sell tickets? I got mine on Ticketmaster and it says no resale or transfer available and that tickets will be in the APE app. Was planning to sell them on twickets 

Most people on twickets seem OK with you sending a Google pay ticket screen shot. Though sometimes they can be arsey about it. Had to create a temp password once for one geezer. 

On 7/3/2022 at 9:28 PM, Muppetmark said:

Most people on twickets seem OK with you sending a Google pay ticket screen shot. Though sometimes they can be arsey about it. Had to create a temp password once for one geezer. 

Yeah, I had to do this when offloading an LCD Soundsystem ticket the other week. Bit of a bugger.

Maybe tix are not selling as well as they originally hoped given current economic situation?

We're still holding out for an even cheaper deal hopefully nearer the time :-)

Field day & Nick Cave day do look good sadly like slot of folk we just aint got the £ to splash on them atm

52 minutes ago, willd255 said:

Looks like they're getting desperate. Also holding out for the super cheap deals/everyone wins comps

Same here. Really hoping they do one of those competition runner up prize of cheapy ticket code deals near the time

So much Festival competition this year odds are looking good for more deals right? 🙂

1 hour ago, Raspberry said:

O2 priority now have a "buy one tkt get one free for that same event" deal for all of the All Points East dates including Field day. Shame it's not valid across event. Ha! 02 Bogof deal ends 10 July

https://www.axs.com/uk/series/15290/priority-offer-tickets?skin=o2priority&code=5EPCNTQ7ZS6F

Code was 5EPCNTQ7ZS6F

it begins!

2 hours ago, Raspberry said:

O2 priority now have a "buy one tkt get one free for that same event" deal for all of the All Points East dates including Field day. Shame it's not valid across event. Ha! 02 Bogof deal ends 10 July

https://www.axs.com/uk/series/15290/priority-offer-tickets?skin=o2priority&code=5EPCNTQ7ZS6F

Code was 5EPCNTQ7ZS6F

Thank you for this. I'm down in London for Field Day so will double up and see Turnstile, Idles and Self Esteem on the Friday (not too bothered about Gorillaz so happy to see how that goes for £34 each)

2 hours ago, Lunabella said:

Do we recon that they defiantly will be a chance to get tickets for this cheaper nearer the time? 

As the Field Day one is seemingly closest to selling out, would this be the best time to get a ticket for it?

Field Day, National and Nick Cave will be the best sold ones i think. Gorillaz in the middle, then Disclosure and then Tame i reckon. National and Nick Cave have sold it out before and Field Day always does well

The fact all of them are on 2-4-1 so far ahead of time makes me think theres a good stock of tickets left for all dates though