All Points East Festival 2022

Hutchmaster

14 minutes ago, collectivisedfarming said:

I've only got tickets to the National day and a bit underwhelmed by that lineup.

Low, Tune Yards, Valerie June and Cassandra Jenkins are all playing Greenman which I'm going to (obviously that's my issue not the festival bookers) and not really a fan of Fleet Foxes or King Gizzard. It's been a decade since I've seen Perfume Genius though so looking forward to that. I'd like to see Skee Mask and Plaid but not sure how much fun that'll be on that outdoor stage in the daylight. 

Same here, most of the lineup either are playing at End Of The Road, or played at Primavera, but I believe there are more names to be announced if last year is anything to go by. I am not sure if the BBC 6 stage is dj sets though. 

39 minutes ago, Livvy Mae said:

i've heard there's a golden circle type thing

can you pay to get into that as an add-on to your ticket?

i am going APE specifically to see turnstile and pusha t and it's not worth the trip from manchester if i have to watch them from a different postcode

BST Hyde Park do that but APE don't from previous experience. Not sure if that's changed this year.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tolis said:

Same here, most of the lineup either are playing at End Of The Road, or played at Primavera, but I believe there are more names to be announced if last year is anything to go by. I am not sure if the BBC 6 stage is dj sets though. 

I see the overlap between two festivals as a big plus.

Removes painful clashes.

17 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

BST Hyde Park do that but APE don't from previous experience. Not sure if that's changed this year.

Last year for Foals they were doing half-price VIP upgrades at the last minute.  However the first level of VIP only got you into the separate area with the better bars and toilets.  You had to get the second level to get access to the VIP viewing area (on the left as you look at the stage), which of course was way under capacity while everyone else crammed into the general admission space on the right.  But, saying that, for everyone apart from Foals and Caribou it was easy to get close to the stage in general admission.

• Like 1

Currently got tickets for The National day mainly to see King Gizzard as it looks like its going to be their only UK date this year.  Super keen for Kurt Vile and pleased to see Parcels added too. If anybody can point me in the right direction with The National I'd really appreciate it. Tried so many times to get into them but they've just never clicked for me. 

Also the last time I went to APE was to The Strokes a few years back and just want to know what has changed? That was an awesome day, 2/3 stages as I recall and then the Jaegerhaus that hosted acts too. Is this still the case? Also does everything else finish when the headliner is on or are there alternatives? Cheers guys

12 hours ago, suttttttt said:

Currently got tickets for The National day mainly to see King Gizzard as it looks like its going to be their only UK date this year.  Super keen for Kurt Vile and pleased to see Parcels added too. If anybody can point me in the right direction with The National I'd really appreciate it. Tried so many times to get into them but they've just never clicked for me. 

Also the last time I went to APE was to The Strokes a few years back and just want to know what has changed? That was an awesome day, 2/3 stages as I recall and then the Jaegerhaus that hosted acts too. Is this still the case? Also does everything else finish when the headliner is on or are there alternatives? Cheers guys

Funny thing is I did exactly the same a few years ago when The War on Drugs, Cat Power & Future Islands were supporting. Left halfway through The National as wasn't really that arsed with them.

Yeah noone else on while the headliners on, can always leave the arena and go somewhere else. White Heat Club night (indie/rock) at The Lexington is every Friday and you can pick up cheap or sometimes free tickets on Dice.

On 6/28/2022 at 1:57 PM, stocky3000 said:

I'm pretty sure they have updated the poster by removing the 'plus many more' could it just be the mainstage opening at like 3?

Surely they cant charge £60-70, advertise more will be added (essentially justifying the price) and then not bother. Like I definitely would have re thought my ticket if I knew more wasn't going to be added. There was twice as much in 2020 for the same price.

Does anyone think that there will be any more acts added to Field Day (Chems and Kraftwerk)? I was tempted to try and get tickets for the Gorrilaz night too but I think that the price of hotels is making it a bit unviable. Still the Saturday should be a cracker! 

On 6/29/2022 at 8:53 PM, suttttttt said:

These are my top 5 songs by them (off the top of my head): Bloodbuzz Ohio, Slow Show, Green Gloves, I Should Live in Salt, Gospel.

Boxer is my favourite album by them, hence the large number of songs from that album. Light Years is a beautiful song from their most recent album. 

They are an acquired taste and I have to be in a certain frame of mind to listen them. I really connect with so many of the songs, that's what I love about them. 

1 hour ago, sadimmock said:

Does anyone think that there will be any more acts added to Field Day (Chems and Kraftwerk)? I was tempted to try and get tickets for the Gorrilaz night too but I think that the price of hotels is making it a bit unviable. Still the Saturday should be a cracker! 

I think they said no more coming on the last announcement, check their instagram i guess. sorry!

35 minutes ago, sadimmock said:

I do actually wonder if the incredible prices of London hotel rooms over the summer are damaging sales for this? (unless that they had figured that the local market is big enough to support it). 

Probably a combination of this and the sheer cost of the tickets. It's clear the pricing structure they've put in place just isn't working anymore – it maybe did early on when the days felt like they were a bit more themed, but now they aren't and so you're pretty much always going to want to go to more than one because artists you liked are dotted around over different days.

They really need to do a "2 days for £100" type deal as soon as tickets go on sale, or early bird prices, or something – I've no idea why they've always been shy to do anything like this. The amount they spend in retroactive marketing to try and shift tickets is always crazy.