All Points East Festival 2022

Hutchmaster

1 hour ago, Wakestock said:

Never done All Points East before but tempted. Is that VIP thing worth doing? Where is that VIP viewing area located?

Got a VIP ticket last year from Twickets for a good price so I went for it. You get a separate entrance so you get in quicker and there is an area for VIP ticket holders with bars and toilets behind the main stage. There is a viewing area in front of the main stage, but you need to pay extra for it. 

6 hours ago, Tolis said:

Got a VIP ticket last year from Twickets for a good price so I went for it. You get a separate entrance so you get in quicker and there is an area for VIP ticket holders with bars and toilets behind the main stage. There is a viewing area in front of the main stage, but you need to pay extra for it. 

Based on last year’s position might it be worth paying extra for access to that viewing area?

1 hour ago, Wakestock said:

Based on last year’s position might it be worth paying extra for access to that viewing area?

Yes if I would buy a vip ticket, I would pay for the viewing area, otherwise I don’t think it’s worth it. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, stereodista said:

Really surprised the Nick Cave day is the one they’re pushing hardest. Would’ve thought that one would sell better than most… 

It’s a great lineup but a lot of it is rather muted and chin strokey rather than the get fucked up and party vibe that a lot of people are probably looking for with this kind of thing. 

11 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

It’s a great lineup but a lot of it is rather muted and chin strokey rather than the get fucked up and party vibe that a lot of people are probably looking for with this kind of thing. 

True. But still, it sold well last time round (maybe hindrance rather than help to have them headline again?), and it is a Sunday… albeit one with a bank holiday Monday tacked onto the end! 

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, JB15 said:

Do we think more will be added to The National day? They’re one of my favourite bands but did see them at Primavera…would like the day to be more before buying potentially a VIP ticket 

Tame Impala and The National should both get additions, yeah, but I wouldn't expect anything huge.

1 hour ago, stocky3000 said:

I'm surprised noone has been added to that Tame impala day yet. Given its a Thursday night and a weakish undercard I cant imagine it's selling that well at that price 

Agree. Surely will have at least one biggish name and other undercard names added in the next month.

2 hours ago, stocky3000 said:

I'm surprised noone has been added to that Tame impala day yet. Given its a Thursday night and a weakish undercard I cant imagine it's selling that well at that price 

Agreed, other festivals will be taking the punters away from APE on that day no doubt. Not helped by APE's pretty high ticket prices.

22 hours ago, jannybruck said:

Tame Impala and The National should both get additions, yeah, but I wouldn't expect anything huge.

My assumption was the biggest names for that day are already confirmed.

Seeing as I failed to book plans to see them with Muse tonight at Rock in Rio in Lisbon, this was the likeliest option but I'm kinda meh on the supports already announced. 2018's version (which I couldn't do) had some more names of interest to me tbh.

• 2 weeks later...

7 hours ago, gfa said:

They are really pushing the Tame Impala day on socials (now billed as a UK exclusive), but still no new acts

I'm pretty sure they have updated the poster by removing the 'plus many more' could it just be the mainstage opening at like 3?

10 hours ago, stocky3000 said:

I'm pretty sure they have updated the poster by removing the 'plus many more' could it just be the mainstage opening at like 3?

Not a bad shout. Latest instagram says many more still though in the description. None of the recent posters have mentioned more acts coming for a while.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CfUdafeoFpP/

I've only got tickets to the National day and a bit underwhelmed by that lineup.

Low, Tune Yards, Valerie June and Cassandra Jenkins are all playing Greenman which I'm going to (obviously that's my issue not the festival bookers) and not really a fan of Fleet Foxes or King Gizzard. It's been a decade since I've seen Perfume Genius though so looking forward to that. I'd like to see Skee Mask and Plaid but not sure how much fun that'll be on that outdoor stage in the daylight.