All Points East Festival 2022

Hutchmaster

• 1 month later...
On 2/17/2022 at 10:16 PM, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Caved and got a Field Day ticket. For the undercard more than anything

It looks the strongest day to me. Will probably go to it. I would go to gorillaz but my pals coming with me from Scotland will probably just want a wee Friday London pub crawl. Who are your field day undercard standouts, out of interest? 

2 minutes ago, Johndenis said:

It looks the strongest day to me. Will probably go to it. I would go to gorillaz but my pals coming with me from Scotland will probably just want a wee Friday London pub crawl. Who are your field day undercard standouts, out of interest? 

Daniel Avery, HAAi, FJAAK and Folamour

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Definitely keeping an eye on the cheap tickets market for these gigs. I'd happily go to four out of the six nights, but not enough to pay full price for them.

Yeah I'm not sure how well this is selling, and like you there's a bunch of days I'd want to go to but I'm not willing to shell £70+ (plus beer/food costs) three or four times when a huge portion of the acts are doing the rounds at other festivals this summer anyway.

Think they could really do with bulking out a few of the days, the Tame Impala one in particular is feeling a bit weak.

Edited by jannybruck

1 hour ago, jannybruck said:

Yeah I'm not sure how well this is selling, and like you there's a bunch of days I'd want to go to but I'm not willing to shell £70+ (plus beer/food costs) three or four times when a huge portion of the acts are doing the rounds at other festivals this summer anyway.

Think they could really do with bulking out a few of the days, the Tame Impala one in particular is feeling a bit weak.

The tame impala one is awful - surprised more hasn't been announced yet honestly. Surely in April

13 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

I assumed Tame Impala was "weaker" because it's a Thursday.  Is it the same price though?  I agree wit the general sentiment that it feels like 3 or so good days are being stretched over several more.

4 hours ago, gfa said:

The tame impala one is awful - surprised more hasn't been announced yet honestly. Surely in April

I really don't think it could be called awful, it's just short of names relative to the other days with the obvious inference that they are planning to announce others.

The names they have announced are pretty much all acclaimed.

9 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I really don't think it could be called awful, it's just short of names relative to the other days with the obvious inference that they are planning to announce others.

The names they have announced are pretty much all acclaimed.

They just need to hurry up to be honest, people will be looking at other events.

12 hours ago, dentalplan said:

It's 5 months away and it's a day festival where people mainly buy on the strength of one name. Chill.

But then it’s also quite expensive and a day that quite a few people would possibly need to book it off work so if something else is on the cards that looks better people may pick and choose things a little more. With ticket prices increasing (as well as everything else atm) I think people will be going to less than they used to.

I would fancy watching Tame Impala and before this was announced I was waiting for a date/tour but then this lineup was announced on a week day and I’m completely put off. I’ll be more inclined to buy tickets to NIN or Jack White or just wait until Metallica or Arcade Fire announce some UK shows. 

I see Gorillaz, Damon Albarn, Mike Smith (Damon's musical director) are advertising their day today on Instagram as "UK festival exclusive".  Bit random, someone at APE maybe asking a favour?  They have loads of international dates already and I don't think anyone was expecting them to play much in the UK this year.

29 minutes ago, Johndenis said:

I see Gorillaz, Damon Albarn, Mike Smith (Damon's musical director) are advertising their day today on Instagram as "UK festival exclusive".  Bit random, someone at APE maybe asking a favour?  They have loads of international dates already and I don't think anyone was expecting them to play much in the UK this year.

Hmm, I'm guessing it needs a boost if they're pushing it across all those channels. Gorillaz were fantastic at their O2 gig last summer but maybe it's a stretch to expect to sell over double the capacity of that only a year later.

5 hours ago, jannybruck said:

Hmm, I'm guessing it needs a boost if they're pushing it across all those channels. Gorillaz were fantastic at their O2 gig last summer but maybe it's a stretch to expect to sell over double the capacity of that only a year later.

They did 2 nights at the o2, one was free for NHS workers. The reviews were great yes. It took a while, but live they are now an incredible act. Their APE undercard is tasteful but don't imagine it's doing its bit to sell loads of tickets. 

9 hours ago, Johndenis said:

They did 2 nights at the o2, one was free for NHS workers. The reviews were great yes. It took a while, but live they are now an incredible act. Their APE undercard is tasteful but don't imagine it's doing its bit to sell loads of tickets. 

The undercard is a bit of an odd one in that Gorillaz will almost certainly wheel out an eclectic load of acts, yet Pusha T is the only previous collaborator to have been announced. Was expecting more of a sort of ‘Gorillaz curate[s]’ day to have been revealed by now, which would’ve been a lot more appealing. 

• Like 1