All Points East Festival 2022

Hutchmaster

1 hour ago, The Crimson King said:

What about Fat Boy Slim for this? Would fit with their previous line ups, and could see them stacking the undercard with young artists to keep the kids happy. 

I feel like there's enough major artists around next summer now that I'd be surprised if they picked a headliner like this. Fatboy Slim would be more suited to something more specifically dance/party friendly like Lovebox or Parklife if he's doing summer festival shows I think.

1 hour ago, jannybruck said:

I feel like there's enough major artists around next summer now that I'd be surprised if they picked a headliner like this. Fatboy Slim would be more suited to something more specifically dance/party friendly like Lovebox or Parklife if he's doing summer festival shows I think.

Get that. Just think along the lines of the Chemical Brothers / BICEP as previous headliners. And he seems to be pretty active atm. 

3 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

What about Fat Boy Slim for this? Would fit with their previous line ups, and could see them stacking the undercard with young artists to keep the kids happy. 

I’m amazed he’s considered a big enough draw more than 20 years after he did anything of note and with his last album coming out when many of next year’s crowd will have been born but you’re right he does seem to still be playing major venues. 

23 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

Get that. Just think along the lines of the Chemical Brothers / BICEP as previous headliners. And he seems to be pretty active atm. 

Bicep were brought over from Field Day and stand more on their own two feet than fatboy i'd say. I think it would be decent - honestly they just need to announce something I think given that all BST dates are announced and its not even November.

23 hours ago, xxialac said:

I’m amazed he’s considered a big enough draw more than 20 years after he did anything of note and with his last album coming out when many of next year’s crowd will have been born but you’re right he does seem to still be playing major venues. 

Definitely still popular with young people, i'm 20 and saw him at Isle of Wight and the crowd was definitely a big mix of ages and hear him every weekend at house parties.

----

I would definitely like to see a dance day, Disclosure probably are nailed on though right? Doing Boardmasters mid august and about the right size (maybe slightly bigger than Chems/Bicep but still possible?)

3 hours ago, xxialac said:

Yeah agree with this.

A day for dance seems unlikely though as that’s what Field Day caters for (which has been confirmed again for a Saturday during APE in VP incidentally)

I would say another Chems day could run alongside Field Day the same weekend although probably will be a year or two more till they are back

9 minutes ago, xxialac said:

So APE seems like it will be 5-6 days next year:

• 20, 22 August
  • 27, 28, 29 August (maybe also 30 August as bank holiday?) 

Field say is the 20th, which is the Saturday. The blurb on their post is interesting: 

On 20th August 2022 Field Day once again returns to our spiritual home of Victoria Park , for the 15th anniversary edition, featuring some of the biggest acts we have ever booked, alongside artists who have been with us on this journey from the very beginning.

I wonder if they're planning something more like the Field Day of all, which would help it slot in to the middle of APE a bit better. 

10 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Nah I think she'd be a decent size for it. Tbh i'm not sure what route they're going to down with bookings. Last year's worked but first couple years were ropey. If they rebook Kraftwerk for example then I don't think it'll sell well.

Just that she’s popped up on a few euro fests and I’m thinking where she could be in the UK. Not sure R&L is right anymore but this could fit.

She’s really hard to place now.

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Would Florence and the machine be too big for this?

Was booked at various points for BST Hyde Park in a co-headline with The National and Boardmasters so working it out from that might be a bit tricky. Arena level act though so would probably be a fit for APE, especially if allowed to invite a load of supports.

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, foolee said:

Does anyone know if there’s any discounts for this if you buy multiple day tickets? 

https://www.axs.com/uk/series/13275/all-points-east-2022-american-express-experiences-presale-tickets?skin=amexuk

There is through Amex on this, £50 tickets for additional days (£60 for Field Day). Try different combinations i noticed it varies depending on which you do as main ticket/which you add on

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Doesn't look like any of these nights are sold out yet.

Has to be a decent chance of cheap ones closer to the time.

Just came here to post about this!  

I'm eyeing up Field Day and Gorillaz day but 70 big ones plus almost 10 quid in fees seems so steep.  What's the likelihood of there being cheap tickets nearer the time?  

They need to announce some more acts, probably sometime this month I guess. A few of the dates are very weak. Unlikely to be cheap tickets for Field Day given its at like tier 6 or something now and its stacked

The move to August hasn’t helped IMO. Plenty of other options. I’m a Nick Cave fan but I’m off to Victorious instead which has a jam packed line up for my tastes. As said at the time you could make a good three day festival out of APE’s six dates. I reckon they think Londoners will just go for a day out almost irrespective of line up.

Anecdotally here in London most of my friendship group seems to be just picking one maybe two days out of them all to go to, because once you add in a couple more days it becomes prohibitively expensive, particularly for a festival that doesn't have the sorts of things "regular" festivals do – like late-night stuff, for instance. It's basically a very expensive day out in your local park for most people here.

I can't imagine they'll ever do cheap tickets again unless it's a very poor seller, and I do think most of them will shift tickets in the summer once the weather gets better.

A £250 cross-weekend ticket would've done really well, I think, but for some reason they're insistent on doing day tickets now.