All Points East Festival 2022

Hutchmaster

5 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

Anyone that went to Field Day, how immense were Kraftwerk?

we were plumb front of stage with no effort about 10 rows back from the barrier. Sound was perfect except for the first song when there was a bit of a breeze.

visuals were immense, my only regret was we didn’t get the full set but they still crammed an awful lot into their woefully short set!

Was way back in the thick of crowd, could barely see as I'm relatively short but nonetheless it was very special indeed. A surprise highlight of the day.

7 hours ago, Walter Sobchak said:

What's the best way to sell tickets? My mate can't make it to Tame and the National this week.

I'll grab that Tame Impala ticket off you if your willing to give a good price 🙂 

5 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Fred's in the tent? Get there early for that one...unless of course you'll probably be already in there. That's a hefty 1, 2, 3, that. Arguably three of the hottest producers around atm. 

Fred's possibly the best thing I've seen all year. The guy's going to be the biggest electronic act around in 2023. That tent is going off. Enjoy!! 

Going to be crazy in there yep! We'll be heading over in advance although not sure will make joy orbison / overmono as my friend wants to see all the main stage stuff 😞 still will see fred tho!

10 minutes ago, KevinParker2022 said:

Any tips for sneaking in a couple naughty cigarettes? Asking for mate who's unsure on security this week (we're going to see Tame on the Thursday) 🙂 

Security was piss for Field Day, usual methods should work

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, gfa said:

I'll grab that Tame Impala ticket off you if your willing to give a good price 🙂 

Going to be crazy in there yep! We'll be heading over in advance although not sure will make joy orbison / overmono as my friend wants to see all the main stage stuff 😞 still will see fred tho!

As long as there's no dogs..

9 minutes ago, KevinParker2022 said:

As long as there's no dogs..

There was a dog at field day but everyone was just walking around it. poor thing looked exhausted in the heat. security weren't even looking through bags as well

25 minutes ago, gfa said:

There was a dog at field day but everyone was just walking around it. poor thing looked exhausted in the heat. security weren't even looking through bags as well

They found my sneaky drinks! My fault for using the fast track lane: their security seems sharper 

15 minutes ago, zahidf said:

They found my sneaky drinks! My fault for using the fast track lane: their security seems sharper 

When I went in at about 4 pm and it was about three times as long using the American Express fast track Lane. The free drink flasks anex gave out are perfect for drink smuggling too, kept mine for next week! 😂

Edited by gfa

Went to Gorillaz on Friday. I really enjoyed it - little / no queues (which, for the food, makes a change from previous years!), excellent mix of music (I think the various genres across the stages helped create a good audience mix) plus great weather. 

This is my third time at APE and I feel quite positive for the festival’s future now given they have had two years with good ticket sales / very few freebies. Plus they seem to have settled on a stage layout that works well. Hopefully they go big next year with the headliners - Arcade Fire, Pulp, Bjork and LCD all seem possibilities.

And thanks for those who recommended Highschool. Excellent band and really enjoyed their set, agree with the influences mentioned - Smiths, Cure and Joy Division/New Order. I would throw in Strokes too.

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Had to give my Cave tickets to a mate, looks like they're enforcing the no kids policy and we don't have a babysitter.

Ah well, easy come easy go.

Ah that's a shame! 

Hoping to receive mine in the next couple of days. Will email them if I don't get them by tomorrow evening I think.

4 minutes ago, OCarter said:

I probed about my Tinder tickets for The National and have been today that mine will be sent out today, so fingers crossed!

Still hoping Tame tickets get a tad cheaper today or tomorrow.

7 minutes ago, Riggins said:

Tinder comp just emailed me back to say tickets for my day (The National) will be going out today

No sooner had I posted this then I got an email from AXS saying my tickets had been transferred. They came through to the AXS app which you can access from the APE one. All seems fine! 

21 hours ago, gfa said:

Sold now sorry.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, evilduck said:

I've just won the Luno instagram competition too 🤣 I hope they let me have all these tickets, rolling in them now!

Really!! I'm still holding hope I can win some tickets to Tame Impala through this competition.

The ticket prices aren't sadly dropping yet 😞