All Points East Festival 2022

Hutchmaster

8 hours ago, gfa said:

Glass Animals are now doing a solo show the same day as Tame Impala in East London at Village Underground. So strange considering they were main support in 2020. Wonder if they are doing both in one day and are yet to be announced or something, so weird

https://link.dice.fm/WSWRlezzvrb

I guess they could feasibly play APE 5:30-6:30 (or even 6-7) and get to village underground for an 8pm show, would they be willing to play 3rd/4th from top though? They could get a "special guests" billing I suppose.

Think you might be onto something anyway...

3 minutes ago, gregory said:

I guess they could feasibly play APE 5:30-6:30 (or even 6-7) and get to village underground for an 8pm show, would they be willing to play 3rd/4th from top though? They could get a "special guests" billing I suppose.

Yes, Special Guests would do it.

Getting people in the door early is important as it gets people spending money early. That TA lineup currently risks most people only turning up late in the day. 

26 minutes ago, gregory said:

They’d need to be on way earlier for that to work, as would be loading into VU later afternoon latest…

27 minutes ago, stereodista said:

They’d need to be on way earlier for that to work, as would be loading into VU later afternoon latest…

Idles played as Special Guests 90 minutes after doors opened (i.e. very early) last year.

GA could play APE at 4.30 and play nearby VU at 8.30.

What's an 'out store performance'?

1 hour ago, gregory said:

Just weird they didn't get announced 6 months ago on this (maybe to do with R&L). This village underground show will sell out instantly regardless of if they are on the APE bill or not

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

Idles played as Special Guests 90 minutes after doors opened (i.e. very early) last year.

GA could play APE at 4.30 and play nearby VU at 8.30.

What's an 'out store performance'?

Similar to when bands play kingston pryzm i think, just a record store show but not in Rough Trade, instead a nearby venue

5 minutes ago, gfa said:

Similar to when bands play kingston pryzm i think, just a record store show but not in Rough Trade, instead a nearby venue

I still don't follow, they are listed at playing venue Village Underground as a "special outstore performance".

How's that different from them just being announced as playing Village Underground? 

3 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I still don't follow, they are listed at playing venue Village Underground as a "special outstore performance".

How's that different from them just being announced as playing Village Underground? 

Because its with the record store as the promoter i think. There isn't actually a difference, but nor is there a difference when acts do Kingston Pryzm shows. They have been trying out this new live format though so it might have that, theres info about that on their instagram - not sure

5 minutes ago, gfa said:

Because its with the record store as the promoter i think. There isn't actually a difference, but nor is there a difference when acts do Kingston Pryzm shows. They have been trying out this new live format though so it might have that, theres info about that on their instagram - not sure

Helpful, thanks!

1 hour ago, stereodista said:

It's only a 10-15 minute drive away, they could have 2 setups going. A short in-store probably will have a skeleton backline. But it would be tight, I agree.

32 minutes ago, Mackem said:

Also the Kingston gigs are almost always 40mins to an hour. Hence cheap, and generally geared towards flogging vinyl and CDs and promoting a new album

I think they'd be on at Village Underground at 9 based off seeing them there before (on an hour after 8pm doors at 9pm)

10 minutes ago, gregory said:

DICE says doors 7pm Glass Animals 8pm, though it could be a guess / default on their part.

ah yes my mistake. seeing 7pm doors so 8pm makes sense (can't actually see that on my app tho)

Evening all. Jumped on the gorillaz day today with the o2 half price deal thing. Can anyone remind me how far out we should be expecting stage splits / times? Is it just a couple of weeks normally ?

ambitiously hoping may be scope to see turnstile , idles and gorillaz without a clash. Also lots of other bits on undercard also quite keen to see earlier in the day. £34 seems a bargain 

1 hour ago, Diamond24 said:

Went to use the 2 for 1 offer for Tame Impala but it now says the link isn't valid when you try to get tickets 😞 It was supposed to end tonight as well, bit annoying.

Maybe find someone with O2 and try through the app, good luck

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Maybe find someone with O2 and try through the app, good luck

My partner has o2 and tried through the app. Same thing unfortunately 

1 hour ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Ah, that's a bugger. Is it code-related?

Nah, my partner generated the code fine but when you click "get tickets" on the tame impala one it says the link isn't valid. Not sure if it's because they'd run out of a certain allocation of o2 tickets for that show, or if its for all of them.

Edit: seems to be the same with all the shows. Bit of a bummer when it was advertised until 11.59pm tonight. Hopefully there'll be some further deals. 

Edited by Diamond24

1 hour ago, Diamond24 said:

My partner has o2 and tried through the app. Same thing unfortunately 

Nah, my partner generated the code fine but when you click "get tickets" on the tame impala one it says the link isn't valid. Not sure if it's because they'd run out of a certain allocation of o2 tickets for that show, or if its for all of them.

Edit: seems to be the same with all the shows. Bit of a bummer when it was advertised until 11.59pm tonight. Hopefully there'll be some further deals. 

No doubt there will be for Tame Impala, i wouldn't worry haha!

17 hours ago, Diamond24 said:

Went to use the 2 for 1 offer for Tame Impala but it now says the link isn't valid when you try to get tickets 😞 It was supposed to end tonight as well, bit annoying.

I wouldn't worry.

There'll be offering free 'competition tickets' the week of the event.