All Points East Festival 2022

Hutchmaster

11 minutes ago, RaphPH said:

Let’s be honest. This year was successful with that lineup because we were starved of anything and would have taken anything. 

Undoubtable it was a factor but selling 40k+ tickets for all four days is good enough reason to try it again. Still suspect the end of year exams, etc play a large part as well. 

• 3 weeks later...

It was teasing a 20-show residency for Brooklyn Steel. What a strange thing to do across a number of venues just to say ‘oh no they’re just playing in one place’

so I’m not taking it as a big clue for APE. considering there was no album 2 months ago and he said they were on ‘full hiatus’ and wouldn’t tour without new music, I have no idea what it means

13 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Nick Cave - Tame Impala - Jamie Xx - Kraftwerk - La Femme - The Blaze - Aurora - Los Bitchos - Jehnny Beth - Malik Djoudi - Diiv - The Liminanas.

Can rely on several of these for 2022. Playing same weekend at Rock En Seine.

That’s 3 headliners for APE already I’d say. Likelihood is they’ll have Tame Impala and Kraftwerk back with Nick Cave doing another day. 

On 10/9/2021 at 8:57 AM, dentalplan said:

Kraftwerk being around does provide indication but I admit I was expecting APE to bun them for someone maybe a bit newer and trendier. Seems like a tough sell to the millennial audience that this festival generally caters to.

Does anyone know how well the Krafwerk day sold before it was canned? Don't think it sold out but if sales were strong then there's no reason not have them back.

10 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Does anyone know how well the Krafwerk day sold before it was canned? Don't think it sold out but if sales were strong then there's no reason not have them back.

No way of knowing. They will be back though, I’m sure.

I just meant that I expected they might try to appeal to the bumper crowd that the festival got this year with next year’s bookings. Kraftwerk being pretty much the opposite of the young, relevant and fashionable headliners in August 2021.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, danjamesbaker said:

Florence + The Machine and Muse both doing Mad Cool, surely now names in the ring for APE headliners? Florence would be a good one with maybe Wolf Alice and Chvrches as sub?

Mad Cool is early summer - Muse are probably a bit too big and will be over in America by the end of August. Florence I could see though if not in america - perhaps more likely for Latitude though based on the dates. I reckon Florence could do both though surely

Edited by gfa

4 hours ago, gfa said:

Mad Cool is early summer - Muse are probably a bit too big and will be over in America by the end of August. Florence I could see though if not in america - perhaps more likely for Latitude though based on the dates. I reckon Florence could do both though surely

In a normal year you wouldn't see someone headlining both Latitude and All Points East. Would be one or the other; I'm inclined to think Florence would be here or BST and then some Boardmasters, Victorious, etc. type stuff as well.

7 hours ago, danjamesbaker said:

Florence + The Machine and Muse both doing Mad Cool, surely now names in the ring for APE headliners? Florence would be a good one with maybe Wolf Alice and Chvrches as sub?

Can't see Muse ever doing this. If they were doing a London show then they would do something bigger. Doing IOW anyway so not scratching around for fests to do.

5 hours ago, gfa said:

Mad Cool is early summer - Muse are probably a bit too big and will be over in America by the end of August. -> You know something or just predicting?

18 hours ago, turnero said:

Mad Cool is early summer - Muse are probably a bit too big and will be over in America by the end of August. -> You know something or just predicting?

Predicting. But they are definitely a bit too big and i'd say its pretty likely by the end of August they are in the US

On 10/20/2021 at 6:11 PM, dentalplan said:

Can't see Muse ever doing this. If they were doing a London show then they would do something bigger. Doing IOW anyway so not scratching around for fests to do.

I mean as a big fan, if Muse play London in the near future, I'd prefer something like a rerun of the by request show they did before doing Reading and Leeds in 2017. But I sense any such show will be a surprise.

There isn't mention that IOW is a UK exclusive performance of theirs is there?

On 10/20/2021 at 3:01 PM, gfa said:

Muse are playing every village fair next year. They're playing Mallorca Live fcs. They seem to be content with whatever they get. 

9 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Muse are playing every village fair next year. They're playing Mallorca Live fcs. They seem to be content with whatever they get. 

I was more making the they will be in the USA point by then to be honest