Slam Dunk Festival 2022

jump

3 hours ago, Jericode said:

The difference is All Time Low are better.

Yes, so many more bangers.

1 hour ago, Hart Attack said:

Could be Reading and Leeds? Thought they were ruled out of Slam Dunk by Rock Am Ring/Rock Im Park...

Well that absolute certainly lasted 4 hours lol.

1 hour ago, Jericode said:

Yeah YMAS aren't doing this, they're gonna be in Germany.

Both of these two above thankfully. I enjoyed them at Catfish as support but to headline would be underwhelming. Reading and Leeds much more likely.

1 hour ago, Pottsy2913 said:

If they can’t ply the actual festival due to commitments to other festivals, possible standalone dates at the sites similar to ADTR?

Can imagine it selling well, their TOYC Tour completely sold out if I recall

Potentially if they brought that idea back up someone could do the Friday/Sunday in Hatfield and Saturday in Leeds 

Edited by LazyDavid

3 hours ago, Pottsy2913 said:

If they can’t ply the actual festival due to commitments to other festivals, possible standalone dates at the sites similar to ADTR?

Can imagine it selling well, their TOYC Tour completely sold out if I recall

TOYC and HMD are comfortably the superior albums for me personally.

Thought You Me At Six were terrible supporting BMTH last night. No energy at all and they just seem a bit lost. Setlist was woeful as well. Went to the bar and toilet halfway through so I’d be in a good spot for BMTH. 

36 minutes ago, foolee said:

Thought You Me At Six were terrible supporting BMTH last night. No energy at all and they just seem a bit lost. Setlist was woeful as well. Went to the bar and toilet halfway through so I’d be in a good spot for BMTH. 

Strange how gigs can be so different eh. They were pretty good in Swansea, upstaged Feeder. Missing a couple of big songs still but I went with the idea I was more bothered by Feeder anyway.

1 hour ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

You Me At Six will always suffer live because they think their new stuff is good.

They've written 3 good albums, and about 3 good songs in the 4 albums since 

Not the same band but I think think similarly with As It Is. When they do like a 40 mins set, they leave so many of the songs that got them there out and they aren't going anywhere quick because of it.

With the first announcement featuring some names that aren't the usuals lots I'm hoping they carry on being adventurous with their bookings. Keep the mainstage with the usual pop-punk names but having Rancid is a great excuse to get some street punk on their stage. Meet Me @ The Altar is some great fresh blood so let's have few more acts with Radkey, FIDLAR, Hoffmaestro, Dubioza Kolektiv, The Lawrence Arms, Skinny Lister with a bit more diversity and are fucking solid live.

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Not the same band but I think think similarly with As It Is. When they do like a 40 mins set, they leave so many of the songs that got them there out and they aren't going anywhere quick because of it.

For me they've gotten progressively worse on each album. There were a couple of alright tracks on The Wounded World but the new songs all sound poor compared to Never Happy.

It's hardly even the same band anyway, I think there's only two left from the original line-up.

4 minutes ago, Jericode said:

For me they've gotten progressively worse on each album. There were a couple of alright tracks on The Wounded World but the new songs all sound poor compared to Never Happy.

It's hardly even the same band anyway, I think there's only two left from the original line-up.

Yeah. They were really good on key club at my first slam dunk. State Champs are band that kind of reared around the same time and they make sure to include or 3 old one's but you are literally getting Dial Tones and that's about it. 

50 minutes ago, Jericode said:

The gap in between is irritating, but traveling to Hatfield twice or having an extra hotel day to fill probably count me out. Shame, I'd have probably gone if the days were back to back.

I reckon that's an easy gig for you to miss but I'm probably not allowed to say that on here 😜

11 hours ago, sacred shape said:

May be an image of screen

That makes more sense than them playing an album in full at R&L. Unless they are headlining a stage a band playing an album in full at a fest feels kinda iffy.

That sign has reminded me how weird the bank holidays are next year where you get the Thursday and Friday off. GOD BLESS THE QUEEN! 

16 hours ago, jump said:

With the first announcement featuring some names that aren't the usuals lots I'm hoping they carry on being adventurous with their bookings. Keep the mainstage with the usual pop-punk names but having Rancid is a great excuse to get some street punk on their stage. Meet Me @ The Altar is some great fresh blood so let's have few more acts with Radkey, FIDLAR, Hoffmaestro, Dubioza Kolektiv, The Lawrence Arms, Skinny Lister with a bit more diversity and are fucking solid live.

Would like to see Chubby and the gang on the same stage as Rancid, are fidlar still a thing? 

24 minutes ago, Alex Winstone said:

Would like to see Chubby and the gang on the same stage as Rancid, are fidlar still a thing? 

Chubby is a good shout! I've not managed to see them yet.

Yeah FIDLAR are still a thing and were touring and releasing music up til covid. I don't get the complaints about them as they are full of hooks, energy and self-defeating stupidity so they should fit in with Slam Dunk. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Is this going to sell well? I’m unsure 

Are they popular enough to do this type of show, I haven't got a clue as they aren't a band on my radar but I can see them using the Slam Dunk sites as a hinderance. Slam Dunk has obvious crossover appeal with this yet the shows aren't the next day so those who want to get hotels will have to decide if they want to bugger around for an extra day in glamorous Hatfield or choose to do loads of travelling in a short space of time and I can see people going fuck that to both options will just go to Slam Dunk.