Slam Dunk Festival 2022

jump

The only time I've seen Rancid was with Green Day in Hyde Park back in 2017, was great gig and decent line-up looking back!

Stiff Little Fingers - The Damned - The Hives - Gogol Bordello - Rancid - Green Day, wonder if any of the first three will turn up

27 minutes ago, LazyDavid said:

The only time I've seen Rancid was with Green Day in Hyde Park back in 2017, was great gig and decent line-up looking back!

Stiff Little Fingers - The Damned - The Hives - Gogol Bordello - Rancid - Green Day, wonder if any of the first three will turn up

I went to that too, great day out! I saw all of them plus Hey Charlie (who were great but never developed into being a bigger band) and Culure Abuse on the bandstand. I was planning to see The Orwells and The Living End too but drinking got in the way.

Me and my mates got into the main area early and saw they were doing VIP area bollocks in front of the stage, we saw that we could climb the barrier and sneak in as there wasn't much security but as we started doing it security saw us so we started to leg it into the crowd. Security caught up with us but it wasn't to tell us off, just that if it's a first come basis rather than an extra tix so they gave us wristbands to allow us to go in there without climbing over the barrier . lol

Edited by jump

32 minutes ago, LazyDavid said:

I don't remember the reason I didn't/couldn't attend this. It's unlikely I wouldn't have if free though as the top 4 tick boxes. 

51 minutes ago, LazyDavid said:

That line up was actually insane. Felt like I'd struck gold getting to see that! Funnily enough that line up was only £60 or so.

4 minutes ago, Fleetwood_Mac_And_Cheese said:

That line up was actually insane. Felt like I'd struck gold getting to see that! Funnily enough that line up was only £60 or so.

It was about £70+ and it was also half a decade ago. British Summer Time is about £100 to get in now plus more if you want to get to the front of the stage.

When the fuck did punk rock become counting pennies and savings? lol

2 minutes ago, Fleetwood_Mac_And_Cheese said:

Since its invention in the 70s????? Ever been to a DIY bar to see a show, its hardly fucking extravagance. 

Actually yeah, one of the best gigs I ever went to was seeing an underground French punk band in abandon building and not just because it was free to get in.

19 minutes ago, Pottsy2913 said:

Don’t know anything by Alexisonfire other than This Could Be Anywhere In The World, but god damn it is an unreal song, been on repeat lately.

Any recommendations by them people? 

I'd say Watch Out is the best album but if you're gonna deep dive it's best to play them in order to appreciate and notice the changes they go through.

Edited by jump

You Me At Six are headlining Slam Dunk doing Sinners Never Sleep in full. 

Last night at the end of their BMTH support slot in Sheffield, Josh said (paraphrasing) that they would be back up North next year to do Sinners… in full and that they can only do it on two dates; one North and one South. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Last night at the end of their BMTH support slot in Sheffield, Josh said (paraphrasing) that they would be back up North next year to do Sinners… in full and that they can only do it on two dates; one North and one South. 

Are they big enough to headline the main stage on that, or would it be one of the smaller ones? Admittedly not much of a fan but it does feel like their stock has been in free fall for a while now. I agree Slam Dunk is most likely, but could this not also be R + L?

6 minutes ago, BlackFoxx said:

Are they big enough to headline the main stage on that, or would it be one of the smaller ones? Admittedly not much of a fan but it does feel like their stock has been in free fall for a while now. I agree Slam Dunk is most likely, but could this not also be R + L?

They’ve definitely got a massive fan base in the SD world so I think them doing that album will be big enough to headline the Main Stage. It could be R&L but they’ve got a lot of history with SD so I definitely think it’s that. 

48 minutes ago, Jericode said:

The difference is All Time Low are better.

Thinking about it I did cheer for All Time Low alot more than YM@6 but that was mostly as they kept talking about drinking and getting drunk which I fully support.

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Could be Reading and Leeds? Thought they were ruled out of Slam Dunk by Rock Am Ring/Rock Im Park...

Thought YM@6 were pretty trash last night, especially compared to the energy of Nova Twins and BMTH. A few of my friends are fans so I was expecting to enjoy it but seriously, what kind of lyrics are 'I'm Mr. Reckless with a capital R'?

22 minutes ago, sacred shape said:

Thought YM@6 were pretty trash last night, especially compared to the energy of Nova Twins and BMTH. A few of my friends are fans so I was expecting to enjoy it but seriously, what kind of lyrics are 'I'm Mr. Reckless with a capital R'?

What's your thoughts on Nova Twins live? I saw them at Boomtown and I had expected to really like them but I found them a bit meh to be honest so I'm not sure if it was just an off day for them or not.

Edited by jump

3 minutes ago, jump said:

What's your thoughts on Nova Twins? I was them at Boomtown and I had expected to really like them but I found them a bit meh to be honest so I'm not sure if it was just an off day for them.

I've seen them 3 times now (supporting Wolf Alice in 2018, supporting Frank Turner last week and then last night). Didn't quite get them back 3 years ago, however, these last two shows have been great. I'd never listen to them on record but live they're really good - so much energy and the songs to back that up

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, sacred shape said:

Shit lyrics but an absolute banger of a tune. 

I should think I’ll always have a soft spot for their older material but, Jesus Christ, all of the newer stuff they played last night was just insipid, vanilla trash. The worst kind of generic, Radio chasing rock music. 

Edited by Andre91

2 minutes ago, sacred shape said:

I've seen them 3 times now (supporting Wolf Alice in 2018, supporting Frank Turner last week and then last night). Didn't quite get them back 3 years ago, however, these last two shows have been great. I'd never listen to them on record but live they're really good - so much energy and the songs to back that up

Cheers! In that case I'm gonna give them another try the next time they are playing somewhere.

• Like 1