Slam Dunk Festival 2022

jump

3 minutes ago, Hart Attack said:

Almost got the fake poster perfect actually, I meant to include MM@TA but forgot - other than them, just missed Alexisonfire 😄

You did well. I actually think I'll be taking the chance and going in for this on early bird. I have a hotel in Hatfield at a decent price and Rancid is a very rare get

Alexisonfire are a nice surprise. Rancid is a surprise too but not very exciting for me... I saw them once at Groezrock. Didn't enjoy the show at all. They are headliners: for the Punk In Republic or the second Main Stage?! 

Acts like Yungblud or MGK could really fit well as main headliners!

22 minutes ago, LazyDavid said:

Great first announcement, Alexisonfire is big for me wasn't expecting that! 

I can see NFG subbing Rancid and Less Than Jake 3rd down on the Alexisonfire stage. Better still, just put them 3rd down under NFG. Guessing we will get the Fireball stage back again this year. As long as it's the usual calibur of the PID stage I'm fine with it. The Interrupters are big fans of Rancid so I can't see them not being there, plus their support slots for Dropkick are in Feb so loads of time to come back.

22 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Interestingly, sets's I looked at looked better at Hatfield than Temple Newsam this year but does anyone who's been both have a preference?

I feel more attached to Hatfield, but that's mostly due to a) better weather, b) flat field vs the hill in Leeds, and c) nostalgia from having been south more times.

Edited by Hart Attack

3 minutes ago, kersh said:

Hearing alexisonfire announced my hopes for amity affliction joining have gone up. Interesting how that "fake" poster from earlier got most of these right

It's not that interesting considering the maker of the fake posts here regularly and confirmed it was a fake 

4 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I think that Alexisonfire and Beartooth will be the Jäger Stage headliners. 

That'd be great, another whole day at the Jager Stage potentially next year!

Think they announced that Rancid and Alexisonfire are 'headlining their stages' on their first appearance at the festival so I assume that's the second stage for Rancid and the Jager for Alexisonfire. Potentially The Wonder Years headlining The Key Club maybe (especially if they do The Upsides)?

5 hours ago, LazyDavid said:

That'd be great, another whole day at the Jager Stage potentially next year!

Think they announced that Rancid and Alexisonfire are 'headlining their stages' on their first appearance at the festival so I assume that's the second stage for Rancid and the Jager for Alexisonfire. Potentially The Wonder Years headlining The Key Club maybe (especially if they do The Upsides)?

That would be great. Sum 41 after Rancid doesn't get much better for me probably. I wonder looking at dates though whether Sum 41 aren't here in time as their first festival fate so far here is two weeks after this Slam Dunk option. But you'd imagine with dates starting on middle June atm that late August is too late and there doesn't appear to be room at Download unless they are slipping in above The Distillers at Download. Eithet way I'm looking forward to the rest of the announcements given who had to pull last year.

51 minutes ago, Henrik said:

Did they sort the bar queue situation at Hatfield this year? I swore I'd never go again after 2019. 

Yeah it was better this year.

14 hours ago, thewayiam said:

The Interrupters are big fans of Rancid so I can't see them not being there, plus their support slots for Dropkick are in Feb so loads of time to come back.

They are signed to Tim's label and he's appeared on all of their albums so far.

They have done enough shows together now that I don't think they would be motivated enough with just you get to play the same festival with Rancid. As they are a band on the rise it depends more on if they get some other Euro fest dates lined up and whats going on state side with things like The Vans Warped Tour.

Edited by jump
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, jump said:

Yeah it was better this year.

They are signed to Tim's label and he's appeared on all of their albums so far.

They have done enough shows together now that I don't think they would be motivated enough with just you get to play the same festival with Rancid. As they are a band on the rise it depends more on if they get some other Euro fest dates lined up and whats going on state side with things like The Vans Warped Tour.

I'm sure they were originally booked to open on Hella mega tour. Not sure if they are still due to 

Looks like they are just listed for North America currently

Edited by atomised
Info checked

16 minutes ago, atomised said:

I'm sure they were originally booked to open on Hella mega tour. Not sure if they are still due to 

They were never booked/announced for the European side, just the US side. It might of been because they had their own UK tour last year and were gonna be announced later but who knows now.

It's surprising how big they are getting, ska punk is meant to be dead. I first saw them play The Dome which is about the same size as Underworld and last time I saw them it was apart of two sold out nights at Kentish Town Forum. Less Than Jake & Reel Big Fish's co-headline tour at The Forum didn't even do that. They seemed to be loved by loads of folks, I've worn a hoodie of theirs seeing Ghost, Royal Blood and Monster Magnet and some random person will come up to me to say how much they love the band. That was before that Bad Guy cover everyone seems to love too.

Edited by jump

The first gig I ever went to was Rancid. 🙂

Normally when they tour here they typically like to get an 80's skinhead/oi punk band like Cock Sparrer, Argy Bargy etc and I would love to see someone like them added to the line up and watch the kids who are there to see the pop punk stuff reactions to them. Have a full day line up of Anti Nowhere League, Charged GBH, The Exploited, Discharge etc inbetween Busted and All Time Low. lol

Fuck, after writing that I now REALLY want to see a secret set from Anti Nowhere League to a bunch of kids expecting McBusted!

Edited by jump