Slam Dunk Festival 2022

jump

Just now, thewayiam said:

If a band plays 3rd at a festival that is charging a similar price as a festival where they would be headlining then yes there is an issue there. Whether I like that band is irrelevant in that arguement. 

We're actually having a constructive conversation in here where others are actually, and with good reason agreed.

So if you're goung to come in and start being a pain questioning everything again then just don't bother and go away.

Oh no, I’ve asked a question, how fucking dare I! Lol

If you like a line up then of course it’s relevant if you will buy tixs or not. It’s all well and good comparing fests based solely on price and nothing else but then you if look at some of these lines up which seem to vomit out random acts Playboi Carter together with Architects and charge the same price then Slam Dunk is a bargain for ensuring you’d actually want to see what’s on the line up from start to finish. 

10 minutes ago, jump said:

If you like a line up then of course it’s relevant if you will buy tixs or not. It’s all well and good comparing fests based solely on price and nothing else but then you if look at some of these lines up which seem to vomit out random acts Playboi Carter together with Architects and charge the same price then Slam Dunk is a bargain for ensuring you’d actually want to see what’s on the line up from start to finish. 

Well how fuckig dare you question other people all the time who want to get their money's worth? And just because you feel you do, does not mean they do! But you still do it anyway.

Not if I don't want to see what's on from start to finish. Leave Alt Ldn out of it as I personally don't care about it.

If I'm going to a day of music that is costing me £75 likely before the fees and taking into consideration that bands lower down will not be given the time to cover songs I want hear then for me that isn't a bargain. I'd rather pay the extra to see them separately in this case so they I've got what I paid for and not just a sample. 

19 minutes ago, jump said:

He doesn’t ever like any lineups and doesn’t go to anything for the weekend, we know this. 

4 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Well how fuckig dare you question other people all the time who want to get their money's worth? And just because you feel you do, does not mean they do! But you still do it anyway.

Not if I don't want to see what's on from start to finish. Leave Alt Ldn out of it as I personally don't care about it.

If I'm going to a day of music that is costing me £75 likely before the fees and taking into consideration that bands lower down will not be given the time to cover songs I want hear then for me that isn't a bargain. I'd rather pay the extra to see them separately in this case so they I've got what I paid for and not just a sample. 

So not only do festival lineups have to exclusively have bands you like playing, they now have to play exactly what songs you want to hear too to make you part with your cash!? How very particular! 

46 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

How fucking dare you question me again about daring to ask fucking questions! 😜

I'm not specifically talking about you when I say it's a put together line up which people can see from start to finish. I'm talking about people who like that pop-punk scene as the Slam Dunk line ups are tailored made for them to like rather than it being a festival which has bizarre line ups like A Day To Remember with KISS or Playboi Carter with Architects or The Courteeners with Rage Against The Machine etc so it doesn't matter how big those other acts might be if they aren't excited to see all of them. That's what I like to see from a festival, a well curated day of music and not just one headliner I might like and some other random acts.

Since you brought it up, if you only want to see a handful of bands at the top of the card then yeah, it's a waste of money for you to go but then all festivals are like that.

Edited by jump

2 minutes ago, jump said:

How fucking dare you question me again about daring to ask fucking questions! 😜

I'm not specifically talking about you when I say it's put together a line up which people can see start to finish. I'm talking about people who like that pop-punk scene as the Slam Dunk line ups are tailored made for them to like rather than it being a festival which has bizarre line ups like A Day To Remember with KISS or Playboi Carter with Architects or The Courteeners with Rage Against The Machine etc so it doesn't matter how big those other acts might if they aren't excited to see all of them. That's what I like to see from a festival, a well curated day of music and not just one headliner I might like and some other random acts.

Since you brought it up, if you only want to see a handful of bands at the top of the card then yeah, it's a waste of money for you to go but then all festivals are like that.

This is my point though. Too many dickheads on here like that other knob commenting above that no doubt involves me. I don't go to weekends bar Glastonbury anymore because one I don't feel the overall value is there for me now and two because I've kind of gone past those days. Glastonbury gives me a much different experience to make it worthwhile but even their I've been plenty now and had considered for a while rounding that up on my 10 time.

But generally, I do only want to see a handful of bands either at the top or with big spread gaps?, you might not be okay with that but that's my choice. I'm not telling you where to spend your money. Like for example 3 bands that I might have watched early on at SD this year just didn't have sets that I have seen the point in attending. Plus isn't half the point of catching multiple bands at a festival to try and group so many acts into the same event to save money?, but for me that wouldn't have been the case.

Hence I've said I'd rather wait for actual tours now, which I don't see there being an issue with? Afterall, it's all our prerogative what we spend our money on musically. But a few of you guys seem to have an issue with how I spend mine whereas I honestly don't give a shit who or how much you spend.

Last time I went Leeds I think it was about £80. I saw Foo Fighters, ADTR, Frank Carter was there but I used that as my food break...joining other crazy queues doing the same and The Distillers. So now I'm actually paying that amount to see Frank Carter as the highest act. For that money though, I got a stadium band, I got an arena band doing a sub set so 1hr, Frank Carter and then The Distillers doing a 45/50 set. For me personally £80 on that day is better value that the £80 I'd spend going to SD by quite a bit.

19 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

This is my point though. Too many dickheads on here like that other knob commenting above that no doubt involves me. I don't go to weekends bar Glastonbury anymore because one I don't feel the overall value is there for me now and two because I've kind of gone past those days. Glastonbury gives me a much different experience to make it worthwhile but even their I've been plenty now and had considered for a while rounding that up on my 10 time.

But generally, I do only want to see a handful of bands either at the top or with big spread gaps?, you might not be okay with that but that's my choice. I'm not telling you where to spend your money. Like for example 3 bands that I might have watched early on at SD this year just didn't have sets that I have seen the point in attending. Plus isn't half the point of catching multiple bands at a festival to try and group so many acts into the same event to save money?, but for me that wouldn't have been the case.

Hence I've said I'd rather wait for actual tours now, which I don't see there being an issue with? Afterall, it's all our prerogative what we spend our money on musically. But a few of you guys seem to have an issue with how I spend mine whereas I honestly don't give a shit who or how much you spend.

Last time I went Leeds I think it was about £80. I saw Foo Fighters, ADTR, Frank Carter was there but I used that as my food break...joining other crazy queues doing the same and The Distillers. So now I'm actually paying that amount to see Frank Carter as the highest act. For that money though, I got a stadium band, I got an arena band doing a sub set so 1hr, Frank Carter and then The Distillers doing a 45/50 set. For me personally £80 on that day is better value that the £80 I'd spend going to SD by quite a bit.

You misunderstand, I don't give a fuck about what you do with your money and pretty much everyone else don't either. However, if you don't like festivals that much then it's strange you spend so much time talking about them on here especially when you have a different ideology about them to others and then bringing it up which will cause conflicts.

9 minutes ago, jump said:

You misunderstand, I don't give a fuck about what you do with your money and pretty much everyone else don't either. However, if you don't like festivals that much then it's strange you spend so much time talking about them on here especially when you have a different ideology about them to others and then bringing it up which will cause conflicts.

Well you clearly do because you questioned it all whereas before that we were hust plodding along having nice conversations.

You caused the conflict with your view, I didn't. I'm invested in the excitement of waiting for lineups, they might not be up to my taste which is fine. But end of the day, if I want to spend on a band I like enough on a tour for the money then I will. If I want to spend on a day for an event then I will, if not the same and etc etc.

Clashes with Primavera (currently going both weekends) so don't think I'll be able to go...but AOF, MCS and TWY is making me really think hard about staying at home instead. Quality start to the lineup for me.

Rancid fucking awesome! 🙂 My only worry is that they are a band that needs a decent crowd to put on a good show which I is why I'm kinda grateful they aren't a festival band.  

9 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Well you clearly do because you questioned it all whereas before that we were hust plodding along having nice conversations.

You caused the conflict with your view, I didn't. I'm invested in the excitement of waiting for lineups, they might not be up to my taste which is fine. But end of the day, if I want to spend on a band I like enough on a tour for the money then I will. If I want to spend on a day for an event then I will, if not the same and etc etc.

You're right, I deeply care about what you do with your money. I stay awake at night thinking about how much you're saving. I'm sorry I've upset your purse!

Edited by jump

Just now, jump said:

Rancidfucking awesome! 🙂 My only worry is that they are a band that needs a decent crowd to put on a good show which I is why I'm kinda grateful they aren't a festival band.  

You're right, I deeply care about what you do with your money. I stay awake at night thinking about how much you're saving. I'm sorry I've upset your purse!

Right in the case, kindly bugger off and stop wasting people's time as you are contradicting everything you say. 

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Right in the case, kindly bugger off and stop wasting people's time as you are contradicting everything you say. 

Only if you promise to give me updates about your piggy bank. PLEASE!