Slam Dunk Festival 2022

jump

13 minutes ago, callum97 said:

Slam Dunk has got bigger and bigger in recent years, South was absolutely rammed on Sunday. With R&L going more down the pop/rap route and with Download sticking to 'dad rock' bands do we think Slam Dunk could end up being a weekend camping festival in the near future? massive market for it imo.

Well in 2020 they did plan to use the Slam Dunk sites to host A Day To Remember the following day so I can see that being a stepping stone to it but I hope it doesn't become a camping festival myself. It's already too samey and it would just get worse if they have to book 3 days worth of acts and would lose punters as a day fest is very convenient for alot of folk who go.

1 hour ago, jump said:

Well in 2020 they did plan to use the Slam Dunk sites to host A Day To Remember the following day so I can see that being a stepping stone to it but I hope it doesn't become a camping festival myself. It's already too samey and it would just get worse if they have to book 3 days worth of acts and would lose punters as a day fest is very convenient for alot of folk who go.

I don't see how it's samey? I saw Loathe, Creeper, Frank Turner, Capdown, Lizzy Farrall, Anti-Flag, State Champs, WSS. That's a huge range of sounds from folk-punk, metalcore, hardcore, pop-punk, ska punk, gothic rock.

9 minutes ago, sacred shape said:

I don't see how it's samey? I saw Loathe, Creeper, Frank Turner, Capdown, Lizzy Farrall, Anti-Flag, State Champs, WSS. That's a huge range of sounds from folk-punk, metalcore, hardcore, pop-punk, ska punk, gothic rock.

It does a very good job for what it is but it feels like alot like Download where the acts are repeats of one year on and one year off all the time.