Slam Dunk Festival 2022

jump

11 hours ago, Pottsy2913 said:

Last minute decision with a mate to go to this, and boy, glad we did. First festival since COVID, good to be back!

Silverstein the highlight for me, loved those guys since school, was well impressed with Beartooth as well. 3OH!3 were harmless, daft fun, and managed to catch my favourite Alexisonfire song. All in all, success. Baking heat!

A Day To Remember and Rise Against for next year please

I think you'll get a bigger headliner than Rise Against, they could sub. After hearing certain crowds this year though I think The Offspring and Papa Roach would go down well....the latter wouldn't headline.

What an amazing day down south yesterday. I really wasn’t expecting it to be that good - had an absolute blast! 

Hot Water Music and The Vandals were the highlights until I witnessed Alexisonfire tear the place to shreds. Wow! 

Wasn’t sure if I would be back next year but I’m already in. Can we try Rancid again please? 

Had an absolutely cracking day yesterday. Saw the bar queues and merch queues and avoided like the plague until they got better but only ended up having 1 beer as we had so much to watch and were feeling a little rough after Liam Gallagher on the Friday. Our 4th Slam Dunk and lineups keep me coming back.

They really need to iron out the issues with the merch, bar and toilet queues as this has always been a problem at Hatfield - I let them off the first year but the issues still haven’t been resolved and if it wasn’t for the lineup this could put people off.

Also a bit of a shame there was no Shake Shack as they posted about it on Instagram but it must’ve been North only, I also saw meatless farm was at Leeds so I think Leeds got the better food vendors. Food wasn’t too bad, had a nice pizza and some halloumi fries but they could probably get a few more decent choices for food. Craft bar had a good selection as well and I liked that it had seating in the tent. 

Music wise the day was incredible, every band I saw was really good and enjoyable despite not being that buzzing about the final lineup. SUM 41, Neck Deep, The Interrupters and Mod Sun were really good. We also saw Hot Milk, Cancer Bats, KennyHoopla, Cassyette & The Bronx who were all highlights as well. Every band seemed to enjoy themselves. 

10 minutes ago, foolee said:

Had an absolutely cracking day yesterday. Saw the bar queues and merch queues and avoided like the plague until they got better but only ended up having 1 beer as we had so much to watch and were feeling a little rough after Liam Gallagher on the Friday. Our 4th Slam Dunk and lineups keep me coming back.

They really need to iron out the issues with the merch, bar and toilet queues as this has always been a problem at Hatfield - I let them off the first year but the issues still haven’t been resolved and if it wasn’t for the lineup this could put people off.

Also a bit of a shame there was no Shake Shack as they posted about it on Instagram but it must’ve been North only, I also saw meatless farm was at Leeds so I think Leeds got the better food vendors. Food wasn’t too bad, had a nice pizza and some halloumi fries but they could probably get a few more decent choices for food. Craft bar had a good selection as well and I liked that it had seating in the tent. 

Music wise the day was incredible, every band I saw was really good and enjoyable despite not being that buzzing about the final lineup. SUM 41, Neck Deep, The Interrupters and Mod Sun were really good. We also saw Hot Milk, Cancer Bats, KennyHoopla, Cassyette & The Bronx who were all highlights as well. Every band seemed to enjoy themselves. 

Another one who was at Liam on the Friday. The 2 back to back were tough going but so worth it. Sound seemed poor further back at the Jager stage but really enjoyed Dropkick Murphys, Interrupters and Wonder Years 

Great day yesterday, though am a bit broken today.

Bar queue at the start was a pain - poor planning with the WiFi issue, but after that they were pretty decent. Stood at watch the Suicide Machine from afar..didn't feel I'd missed much.

Saw the Bronx, Chunk, Punk Rock Factory, Vandals, Streetlight, Pennywise, Interrupters, Dropkick, Neck Deep and then Sum41. All were pretty damn good.

Love this festival - always has a nice vibe to it- good mix of audience and bands. Weather generally comes food too- burnt again though!

Hope you all had a good time too!

2023 thoughts on our mind on the trip back home today. I would like to see The Offsping as headliner next year with Rise Against and Billy Talent on the lineup as well. My partner wants All Time Low back to headline next year along with Creeper on the lineup. 

Went to both days. Undecided which site I like more. South was a better layout and more walkable, with better sound (esp on Rock Sound stage, I saw Yours Truly and Set It Off both days and they sound awful up North and great down South). But I like the hills for good viewing positions up North.

Saw bits and pieces of probably 40 sets over the two days. Best bands were Alexisonfire, Hot Mulligan, The Wonder Years, Silverstein and Caskets.

Honourable mentions to Mom Jeans, Yours Truly, Hot Milk, Dropkick Murphies, Knuckle Puck, TSSF, Electric Callboy and Counterparts. 

2 hours ago, gary1979666 said:

Great day yesterday, though am a bit broken today.

Bar queue at the start was a pain - poor planning with the WiFi issue, but after that they were pretty decent. Stood at watch the Suicide Machine from afar..didn't feel I'd missed much.

Saw the Bronx, Chunk, Punk Rock Factory, Vandals, Streetlight, Pennywise, Interrupters, Dropkick, Neck Deep and then Sum41. All were pretty damn good.

Love this festival - always has a nice vibe to it- good mix of audience and bands. Weather generally comes food too- burnt again though!

Hope you all had a good time too!

I thought The Suicide Machines were brilliant. Streetlight, Pennywise, The Interrupters and Dropkicks were great. With Confidence I enjoyed. Sum 41 was just so rammed and heavy with arsehole security. Personally thought Punk Rock Factory would be better and should have stayed at hot water music.

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

ADTR is my guess as next year’s headliner. The Offspring is a good shout too, though. 

1 hour ago, Alex Winstone said:

Just get The Bronx every year, also Rancid and Frank Carter as headliners next year for me. Also FFAF doing Causally Deep in full, Turnstile, Basement, Higher Power and No Pressure.

ADTR, Rancid and Frank Carter are all good shouts for headliners next year. Wouldn’t be particularly fussed on any of those though. Apart from Rancid the other 2 seem to be on the downward trajectory. 

Turnstile would be a good shout and would probably headline now. I’d also like to see FFAF back and Higher Power. 

Also thinking of other headliner options I think Limp Bizkit would absolutely kill it. Wouldn’t surprise me if they got Avril Lavigne either. 

1 hour ago, foolee said:

ADTR, Rancid and Frank Carter are all good shouts for headliners next year. Wouldn’t be particularly fussed on any of those though. Apart from Rancid the other 2 seem to be on the downward trajectory. 

Turnstile would be a good shout and would probably headline now. I’d also like to see FFAF back and Higher Power. 

Also thinking of other headliner options I think Limp Bizkit would absolutely kill it. Wouldn’t surprise me if they got Avril Lavigne either. 

I'm going to go with Avril and Rancid as your too two. Rise Against as a band there is a good shout unless they headline Trees.