Slam Dunk Festival 2022

jump

1 hour ago, therefused said:

Static dress are teasing something for this, no idea where they would slot in though?

I wonder if they're just gunna be there attending? Or if a new tour announcement will be on a poster somewhere? 

On 6/1/2022 at 3:40 PM, foolee said:

If anyone is attending the YMAS concert today can anyone take a photo of the bar prices and any good prices please? Interested what’s on offer and how prices compare to the other events I’ve attended recently. 

IMG20220602162522.jpg

Edited by Frandango
Forgot the photo
  • Upvote 1

Well excited for tomorrow. 

Cassyette > Counterparts > Chunk! No Captain, Chunk! > KennyHoopla > Cancer Bats > Point North > The Wonder Years > The Story So Far > Alexisonfire > Sum 41 

Hope anyone going has a great time. 

Have a great time up north today guys. My plan for south tomorrow…

Cassyette > The Bronx > Hot Water Music > The Vandals > Hot Mulligan > The Wonder Years > The Interrupters > Alexisonfire > Nova Twins 

Lets hope the weather behaves down south tomorrow. Looking like we might just get away with it. A day later and we would have been in real trouble. 

• Upvote 1

Cassyette - The Bronx - Hot Milk - Punk Rock Factory - MC Lars - Streetlight Manifesto - Wonder Years - Interrupters - Dropkick Murphys. 

Then escape from South before the Liam hordes pass through

23 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

£3.50 for a soft drink that’s a disgrace. 

To be honest that's cheaper than a few places I've been too this year, I was paying £7.30 for a pint last night. I find the selection of booze being so shit a worse offence.

To be honest if Streetlight weren't playing I'd probably give it a miss this year as my enthusiasm was sucked out when Rancid and The Bosstones pulled out.

Cassyette - The Bronx - Pinkshift - The Vandals - Streetlight Manifesto - Mom Jeans - The Interrupters - The Flatliners (it's tight so I might miss some of their set) - Alexisonfire - Nova Twins/home early to avoid the crowds for the train

Cancer Bats, Meet Me @ The Alter, KennyHoopla and Dropkick Murphys are the biggest clashes but I can live with that.

13 hours ago, jump said:

To be honest if Streetlight weren't playing I'd probably give it a miss this year as my enthusiasm was sucked out when Rancid and The Bosstones pulled out.

Cassyette - The Bronx - Pinkshift - The Vandals - Streetlight Manifesto - Mom Jeans - The Interrupters - The Flatliners (it's tight so I might miss some of their set) - Alexisonfire - Nova Twins/home early to avoid the crowds for the train

Cancer Bats, Meet Me @ The Alter, KennyHoopla and Dropkick Murphys are the biggest clashes but I can live with that.

The Interrupters being added saved it for me. Definitely one of my favourites at the minute and I missed their last UK as I was in New Zealand.

I think schedule allowing they'll have Rancid back next year. I've already  nailed down a hotel for a decent price for south too.

Lower down it's not upto 2019s strength for me but it's more justified than it could have been.

Yesterday I saw Suicide Machines, The Bronx, Punk Rock Factory, Cancer Bats, Hit Mulligan, Pennywise, The Interrupters, The Flatliners and Sum 41.

on paper I wasn’t keen on the lineup and thought 2021 was better BUT yesterday was so much fun and really surpassed last year

great day, bring on the rumour mill for next year

1 hour ago, Daimo said:

Yesterday I saw Suicide Machines, The Bronx, Punk Rock Factory, Cancer Bats, Hit Mulligan, Pennywise, The Interrupters, The Flatliners and Sum 41.

on paper I wasn’t keen on the lineup and thought 2021 was better BUT yesterday was so much fun and really surpassed last year

great day, bring on the rumour mill for next year

Did The Flatliners manage to get a decent crowd? I've got a feeling with them playing later in the day on the smallest stage the crowd will non-existent today. 

4 minutes ago, kersh said:

Really enjoyed yesterday. Got milk was a surprise find, punk rock factory was fun as was electric callboy. Was thrown as the sun came out. I'm all burnt now. 

Hot Milk are an odd one for me as they are really good live but christ I can't stand British bands with American accents but then that applies to most of the line up. lol

The sound in the Rock Sound tent was not great for me. It seemed like they had turned the dials to 11 and it ended up distorted. I couldn't really make out what Hot Milk sounded like, and Kennyhoopla came on stage 10 minutes late due to issues trying to get the sound people to turn it down. It hadn't got much better by the time Wonder Years played. 

I bought a ticket to see Rancid and Mighty Bosstones so was a bit of a let down on bands i wanted to see though still had a good day. 

1 hour ago, she bangs the drums said:

The sound in the Rock Sound tent was not great for me. It seemed like they had turned the dials to 11 and it ended up distorted. I couldn't really make out what Hot Milk sounded like, and Kennyhoopla came on stage 10 minutes late due to issues trying to get the sound people to turn it down. It hadn't got much better by the time Wonder Years played. 

I bought a ticket to see Rancid and Mighty Bosstones so was a bit of a let down on bands i wanted to see though still had a good day. 

I thought the sound was awful for Meet Me @ The Altar and Knuckle Puck from where I was standing but was decent for TSSF and excellent for the Wonder Years.

Amazing day overall - weather was great, decent (but expensive) food and some amazing performances.

The Wonder Years, The Vandals, Alexisonfire and Counterparts the highlights for me.

Last minute decision with a mate to go to this, and boy, glad we did. First festival since COVID, good to be back!

Silverstein the highlight for me, loved those guys since school, was well impressed with Beartooth as well. 3OH!3 were harmless, daft fun, and managed to catch my favourite Alexisonfire song. All in all, success. Baking heat!

A Day To Remember and Rise Against for next year please