Slam Dunk Festival 2022

jump

Gutted about the dates for next year as they clash with Primavera so I won't be able to make it. Really hope if The Wonder Years return they don't do an Upsides set as I'd so upset if I missed that!

Also speaking of Prima they have Turnstile (I know they're Outbreak and they're playing Prima again on the 7th so not so certain) and The Armed playing on the 2nd. That has got to make both of them likely surely?

Edited by justanothername

5 hours ago, justanothername said:

Gutted about the dates for next year as they clash with Primavera so I won't be able to make it. Really hope if The Wonder Years return they don't do an Upsides set as I'd so upset if I missed that!

Also speaking of Prima they have Turnstile (I know they're Outbreak and they're playing Prima again on the 7th so not so certain) and The Armed playing on the 2nd. That has got to make both of them likely surely?

Aren’t Turnstile playing weekend 1 too? That along with Outbreak means they’re out I’d say. 

I’d love to see MGK headline this but think he’ll get rebooked for R&L. I think SUM 41 will headline as that makes sense, it’d be cool to have Avril Lavigne as another headliner with a new pop punk album as she’s got some classics in the bag. Not sure whether I’ll make it to Slam Dunk next year as I’m thinking about getting tickets to Primavera weekend 1 so it’s going to have to be a decent lineup to convince me. Does anyone think Yungblud has an outside chance? 

Could see Hot Milk, KennyHoopla and Bob Vylan playing in non headline slots. 

Edited by foolee

2 hours ago, foolee said:

I’d love to see MGK headline this but think he’ll get rebooked for R&L. I think SUM 41 will headline as that makes sense, it’d be cool to have Avril Lavigne as another headliner with a new pop punk album as she’s got some classics in the bag. Not sure whether I’ll make it to Slam Dunk next year as I’m thinking about getting tickets to Primavera weekend 1 so it’s going to have to be a decent lineup to convince me. Does anyone think Yungblud has an outside chance? 

Could see Hot Milk, KennyHoopla and Bob Vylan playing in non headline slots. 

What's the relationship like between Avril Lavigne and whatshisname from Sum 41 since their divorce? If it wasn't on amicable terms they may not want to be in the same circle like doing the same fest. 

I'm hoping all three of Sum 41, Nickleback and Avril won't turn up because of that/they are all annoying!

3 hours ago, foolee said:

Aren’t Turnstile playing weekend 1 too? That along with Outbreak means they’re out I’d say. 

I meant 2nd as in 2nd of June i.e. the Thursday. Also Outbreak loves to brag about their exclusives (check the FB event description) and Turnstile aren't mentioned as being a UK exclusive at all. The only othet festival I can see them doing instead is R&L.

1 hour ago, jump said:

What's the relationship like between Avril Lavigne and whatshisname from Sum 41 since their divorce? If it wasn't on amicable terms they may not want to be in the same circle like doing the same fest. 

I'm hoping all three of Sum 41, Nickleback and Avril won't turn up because of that/they are all annoying!

Isn't Nickelback too big? They usually do a full arena tour with both the O2 and Wembley arena.

35 minutes ago, gary1979666 said:

Nickelback only got mentioned as Chad/Avril are/were a thing - highly doubt it was a serious suggestion......though I bet Jump is deadly serious about not wanting them there!

Yep, it was that.

Top of my want list would be;

Jagermeister; Body Count, Hatebreed, Refused, Butcher Babies,The Bronx, Moscow Death Brigade and Fucked Up.

PID; The Dwarves, Streetlight Manifesto, Gogol Bordello, The Interrupters, The JB Conspiracy, Against Me! and The Mighty Mighty Bosstones.

Dickies/Key Club; Never Not Thing, Dinosaur Pile Up, Hands Off Gretel, Skinny Lister, Hoffmaestro, Beatsteaks and FIDLAR.

Edited by jump

Amazon Music Main Stage

Architects

Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes

You Me At Six

The Story So Far

Stand Atlantic

Stray From The Path

Seaway

Issues

Fireball Stage

Sum 41 

Angels & Airwaves

Bowling For Soup

Basement

Four Year Strong

Trophy Eyes

Dream State

Punk In Drublic

NOFX 

Less Than Jake

Pennywise

Reel Big Fish

Goldfinger

The Interrupters

Save Ferris

King Prawn

Jagermeister/Impericon Stage

Beartooth

Refused

Turnstile

Code Orange 

Fit For A King

August Burns Red

I Prevail

Bleed From Within 

We Came As Romans

Moitionless In White

Of Mice & Men

Dragged Under

Cane Hill

Kill The Lights

Raiders

Dickies Stage

The Wonder Years

Motion City Soundtrack

Knuckle Puck 

Grayscale

Hot Milk

With Confidence

Key Club/Marshall 

Young Guns

Chunk Captain No Chunk 

Broadside

Set It Off

Dinosaur Pile Up

Real Friends

Hot Mulligan

Like Pacific 

Between You & Me

Cruel Hand

Angel Dust

The Bronx

Amazon: Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, New Found Glory, The Story So Far, Basement ,Dinosaur Pile-Up Yonaka, With Confidence, Bad Nerves, Junior

Fireball: Sum 41, Waterparks, Beartooth, Twin Atlantic, Holding Abscene, Stand Atlantic, Dream State 

PID: NOFX, Pennywise, Me First and the gimme gimmes, Reel Big Fish, The Wildhearts, The Vandals, Lighyear, Marachi El Brox

Impericon/Jagermister I Prevail, Underoath, Refused, Fever 333, Kvelertak, The Bronx, Venom Prison, Nova Twins, Modern Life Is War, Angel Du$t, Bleed From Within, Malevolence, Ice Nine Kills, Xl life

Marshal/Dickies: Four Year Strong, The Wonder Years, Seaway, Marmozets, idkhow, Against Me, Can't swin, Black Foxxes, Drug Church 

Key Club: Hundred Reasons, Kennyhoopla, Salem, Never Not Nothing, Saint Agnes, Nothing Nowhere, Chubby & The Gang, Jxdn, Sullii, Last Hounds. 

9 hours ago, Swansea93 said:

Amazon Music Main Stage

Architects

Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes

You Me At Six

The Story So Far

Stand Atlantic

Stray From The Path

Seaway

Issues

Fireball Stage

Sum 41 

Angels & Airwaves

Bowling For Soup

Basement

Four Year Strong

Trophy Eyes

Dream State

Punk In Drublic

NOFX 

Less Than Jake

Pennywise

Reel Big Fish

Goldfinger

The Interrupters

Save Ferris

King Prawn

Jagermeister/Impericon Stage

Beartooth

Refused

Turnstile

Code Orange 

Fit For A King

August Burns Red

I Prevail

Bleed From Within 

We Came As Romans

Moitionless In White

Of Mice & Men

Dragged Under

Cane Hill

Kill The Lights

Raiders

Dickies Stage

The Wonder Years

Motion City Soundtrack

Knuckle Puck 

Grayscale

Hot Milk

With Confidence

Key Club/Marshall 

Young Guns

Chunk Captain No Chunk 

Broadside

Set It Off

Dinosaur Pile Up

Real Friends

Hot Mulligan

Like Pacific 

Between You & Me

Cruel Hand

Angel Dust

The Bronx

Great lineup. Think you'll have NFG in there though. Frank Carter could probably headline it with NFG as sub.

On 9/7/2021 at 9:36 AM, justanothername said:

I meant 2nd as in 2nd of June i.e. the Thursday. Also Outbreak loves to brag about their exclusives (check the FB event description) and Turnstile aren't mentioned as being a UK exclusive at all. The only othet festival I can see them doing instead is R&L.

Last time they did Outbreak and Trees, would expect the same next year 

Slam Dunk has got bigger and bigger in recent years, South was absolutely rammed on Sunday. With R&L going more down the pop/rap route and with Download sticking to 'dad rock' bands do we think Slam Dunk could end up being a weekend camping festival in the near future? massive market for it imo.