Slam Dunk Festival 2022

jump

16 minutes ago, LazyDavid said:

The Wonder Years now doing The Upsides and Suburbia...in full at both sites (replacing the MCS slot) 

lmao I bought North and South tix mainly to see both albums. Hopefully the clashes aren't too bad

11 minutes ago, justanothername said:

Yeah I saw this but it isn't really clear though that they're doing one set. "without a band inbetween" there wasn't a band between them anyways. I do think it means one long set but I'd rather they say what time it will start

I wouldve said it was pretty clear with slam dunks response pointing upwards to the previous post 

23 minutes ago, atomised said:

I wouldve said it was pretty clear with slam dunks response pointing upwards to the previous post 

You would think but not for me! "No band inbetween", there was no band inbetween them anyways and back to back still would apply if there was a break inbetween. Also if it's one long set what time will it start? Is it's gonna be 16:20-18:15? Or they just gonna do an extra 45 mins and start early and/or finish later. And yes I know, I'm extremely pedantic and fun at parties.

14 hours ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Look live Live at Leeds a couple of days after Slam Dunk North is selling woefully - they’ve announced additional tickets for £5 if you buy/have already bought one.

I bought two tickets for full price and am looking forward to it, so I'm not trying to bash the festival, but I'm not super surprised either. 

For £60 I could see why the lineup hasn't appealed to many people. For comparison, Community has a much better lineup and is in London (so London tax included) and only cost £50.

Im buzzing to see Vaccines and Sea Girls, and reckon Bombay will still be good fun (even if they're an underwhelming headliner), but not expecting to see Live at Leeds in the Park return next year. 

Also, selfishly hoping this promo doesn't result in the place being over crowded. Will be slightly miffed if I've spent £120 on tickets and the bar queues end up being insane cause the festival is full of people who got in for a fiver! 

10 hours ago, thatTFBguy said:

I bought two tickets for full price and am looking forward to it, so I'm not trying to bash the festival, but I'm not super surprised either. 

For £60 I could see why the lineup hasn't appealed to many people. For comparison, Community has a much better lineup and is in London (so London tax included) and only cost £50.

Im buzzing to see Vaccines and Sea Girls, and reckon Bombay will still be good fun (even if they're an underwhelming headliner), but not expecting to see Live at Leeds in the Park return next year. 

Also, selfishly hoping this promo doesn't result in the place being over crowded. Will be slightly miffed if I've spent £120 on tickets and the bar queues end up being insane cause the festival is full of people who got in for a fiver! 

I’d be fuming if I’d already bought a full price ticket, I was waiting for a cheapy on Twickets so good news for me.

Agree about Community, been a couple of times and the lineup has been unreal both times. Had high hopes for this lineup for £60 but it’s no stronger than they’d have for Live at Leeds in the City!

13 hours ago, justanothername said:

One of the members in Aaron West's band has tested positive for covid. If The Wonder Years cancel after all of this I'll cry.

Already crying since I was so excited for a full band AW show today. I assume a few WY members play in the Roaring Twenties, only makes sense right?

46 minutes ago, sacred shape said:

Already crying since I was so excited for a full band AW show today. I assume a few WY members play in the Roaring Twenties, only makes sense right?

Saw him last night and the solo set was still good! I thought they did share members but my mate says they have different members though Nick is in their promo photos so I don't know how true that is. I think it's more if Dan tests positive is the real deal breaker.

• Like 1

Damn that's a huge loss for me! Them, The Wonder Years and Hot Mulligan were like my main 4 and now it looks like I'm only going to be seeing 2 of them now. At least I can watch the full Neck Deep set and seeing Hot Mulligan on Wednesday but still gutted about SLS.

Edited by justanothername