Slam Dunk Festival 2022

jump

Couldn’t be much happier than that tbh. No clashes really. 

Pinkshift > Meet Me @ The Altar > Chunk! No, Captain Chunk! > KennyHoopla > Knuckle Puck > Motion City Soundtrack > The Wonder Years > The Story So Far > Neck Deep > Alexisonfire > Sum 41 

It was a stupid idea and doing it would have absolutely rinsed a lot of bands, so good to see how it's turned out.

That Stand Atlantic/The Wonder Years/The Interrupters/The Used clash is a proper rabbit hole. I'll probably end up playing safe and going with The Used who I've not seen despite being interested in them for near 20 years.

Oh, and Deaf Havana and Sum 41 is a weird for me. Before now, I hadn't really considered it, but I might actually go for Deaf Havana having not seen them before. But I can see myself on the night potentially changing my mind at the last minute. Seems like the sort of thing I would do.

Counterparts > Chunk! > Silverstein > In Her Own Words > Knuckle Puck > Hot Mulligan > Mom Jeans. > The Wonder Years > The Story So Far > Neck Deep/Spansih Love Songs

No real clashes for me apart from end of Neck Deep clashing with SLS but I'd rather just watch SLS anyways and it's looking like I'm going to both North and South so I'm sorted.

Not ideal for me with a lot of overlapping. Also think it’s a bit annoying what they’ve done with the headliners, I’d rather they’d have just clashed Alexisonfire with Neck Deep than clashing with both but here’s my go to with a few decisions yet to be made. 

Cassyette/The Bronx or Meet Me @ The Altar/Hot Milk/KennyHoopla/End of Cancer Bats/Smrtdeath & Hot Mulligan or Mod Sun/Pennywise/The Interrupters/The Flatliners/Neck Deep or 3OH!3 or Spanish Love Songs/SUM 41

3 hours ago, foolee said:

Not ideal for me with a lot of overlapping. Also think it’s a bit annoying what they’ve done with the headliners, I’d rather they’d have just clashed Alexisonfire with Neck Deep than clashing with both but here’s my go to with a few decisions yet to be made. 

Cassyette/The Bronx or Meet Me @ The Altar/Hot Milk/KennyHoopla/End of Cancer Bats/Smrtdeath & Hot Mulligan or Mod Sun/Pennywise/The Interrupters/The Flatliners/Neck Deep or 3OH!3 or Spanish Love Songs/SUM 41

I've decided my cassyette/suicide machines clash and it's the latter. I'll likely watch all hot water music and catch punk rock factory after. My last 5 with a little stint to SLS is set in stone.

8 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I've decided my cassyette/suicide machines clash and it's the latter. I'll likely watch all hot water music and catch punk rock factory after. My last 5 with a little stint to SLS is set in stone.

I’m thinking of catching Spanish Love Songs in Bristol on the Sunday which reduces part of the clash for me. 

Think at the mo my day is looking like this:

Cassyette - Yours Truly/Meet Me @ The Altar - (maybe Counterparts) - Hot Milk/Chunk No Captain Chunk/Point North - Kennyhoopla - Cancer Bats/With Confidence/Knuckle Puck - Electric Callboy - The Amity Affliction/Pennywise - The Wonder Years - The Story So Far - The Dropkick Murphys - Alexisonfire - 2nd half Sum41

The ones with '/' I'll just let drunk me decide on the day! I got pretty lucky that Dropkicks and AOF only overlap by about 10 mins

I think I will be attempting the following: 

Cassyette - The Bronx - Hot Water Music - The Vandals/Cancer Bats - The Wonder Years - The Used - Alexisonfire

I'm gonna end up watching Electric bloody Callboy, I know it. I'm not a fan at all but loads of my group want to see them and I have a big gap at that point where there is nothing I'm bothered about seeing. 

Looks like the map is available on the app - though just shows the stages / bars imposed over google maps.  But for South, if you remember last year:

Sum 41 stage (Sum 41)- main stage

Jaeger stage (Alexisonfire)- old PID stage

Rockscene stage (Neck Deep)- the old Jaeger tent

Rocksound stage (Deaf Havana)- looks to be where the Key Clubs stages were

Key Club (Nova Twins, etc)- not far from the above - think there was a bar there last year, but pre Covid fest, same location as the 2 tented stages where Busted played.

Also the app schedule doesn't have Zummo on it, despite him appearing on the official clashfinder poster - maybe a special S41 set?

Think it's main stage for me bar a trip to see Punk Rock Factory.