Slam Dunk Festival 2022

jump

2 minutes ago, Soulstabber said:

Thanks for this but are you referring to Temple Newsam or Hatfield park? Which is the best for stage setups and stuff please?

Hatfield site is only a 5 min walk to the train station. Layout was pretty good last year too - don't remember any logistics issues. Though previous years bars and toilets were a problem - but either they learnt from it, or the numbers were down.  So good location, but also I only live half an hour away on train.

I've not been to Temple Newsam for Slam Dunk, but have been to V and Leeds Fest when they were held there and agree with Mark that it would be a pain to get back to Leeds on public transport as on the outskirts. Not sure what the shuttle buses are like there.

• 2 weeks later...

Latter day Papa Roach fits perfectly fine with Broco. DGD match up well too fan base wise and they’ve collaborated not too long ago as well. 

Knocked Loose have got a couple of synthy indie pop bands wedged between themselves and a straight up hardcore opener when they come over in the summer 😂

Edited by Andre91

1 hour ago, kersh said:

Has the "special guest" spot been removed now? I know it's not on the poster anymore 

Don't think it was ever on this year.  In the past couple of fest's it's either been listed as a guest (McFly) or a codename (Busted were Y3K).  Whether this will be added once we have stage times or they leave a suspicious gap inbetween sets is yet to be seen.  Maybe we don't get any surprises year...which would be a shame as they have a history of unexpected performances.

1 hour ago, kersh said:

Has the "special guest" spot been removed now? I know it's not on the poster anymore 

I saw it on a recent social media post

Edit: unfortunately it was talking about them in general:

'Slam Dunk Festival 2022 is set to be yet another year to remember! Over the years we’ve seen countless incredible acts take to the stage and this year is no different! 🤘
From anniversary shows to full album plays, reunions, collabs, secret surprise acts and more… What are some of your favourite moments from Slam Dunk Festival history?'

Edited by sacred shape

5 hours ago, kersh said:

Looks like they removed it but I guess we’ll find out when we get the stage times which can’t be too far away now. 

16 minutes ago, LazyDavid said:

Another stage announcement even though we already had the splits...gimme the set times!

FB_IMG_1651676928716.thumb.jpg.5cd88145549ca991c724e070f719074a.jpg

Yes although we now know the running order and that Punk Rock Factory are on second. This might have been guessed but was not on the clashfinder. Likely avoiding a hot water music clash.