Jump to content

Slam Dunk Festival 2022


jump
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

Less Than Jake was great in Leicester last night. Top setlist.

All the supports were decent, Millie Manders sound wasn't the best to be fair but I'd catch them again definitely. 

A battered body this morning for sure.

Millie Manders is great live, pity she suffered from poor sound. Her album from last year has some decent tunes 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, atomised said:

Millie Manders is great live, pity she suffered from poor sound. Her album from last year has some decent tunes 

Millie is great but I was kinda disappointed with the album, as I really liked the singles/EP they originally put out which were more eccentric than the more straight sounding album.

Also you can get £5 tixs for Less Than Jake's Kentish Town show, it's well worth getting in early as the support bands which are Skinny Lister, Millie Mander and The Toasters are all great fun.

https://www.weticketit.com/showfilmfirst/booking/Event/detail/GCM40689

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Less Than Jake was great in Leicester last night. Top setlist.

All the supports were decent, Millie Manders sound wasn't the best to be fair but I'd catch them again definitely. 

A battered body this morning for sure.

Odd as I said to you Skinny Lister who were supporting Less Than Jake were a great a live band and shouldn't be missed when they were playing Frank Turner's Lost Evenings but you listened to 15 secs of a random song and decided to miss them as you didn't like them.

The lesson here is I'm always right! 😜 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, jump said:

Odd as I said to you Skinny Lister who were supporting Less Than Jake were a great a live band and shouldn't be missed when they were playing Frank Turner's Lost Evenings but you listened to 15 secs of a random song and decided to miss them as you didn't like them.

The lesson here is I'm always right! 😜 

The lesson here actually is that I wanted to see Millie Manders and it's warmer inside that out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I’m going and very excited but… Slam Dunk ain’t worth almost £100 this year. 

For me this festival has had reverse build up. Rancid are revealed only to pull out but then it's announced The Mighty Mighty Bosstones are playing however they then split up so now I'm waiting for Alexisonfire to cancel as they get covid a week before the fest.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, jump said:

For me this festival has had reverse build up. Rancid are revealed only to pull out but then it's announced The Mighty Mighty Bosstones are playing however they then split up so now I'm waiting for Alexisonfire to cancel as they get covid a week before the fest.

Yeah, Rancid was the best news imaginable. I still can’t believe they were then weren’t so bloody quickly. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Alexisonfire, Sum 41 & Neck Deep will be staggered 

Interested to see how they'll do this, all 3 stages have the same amount of acts too

 

Assuming the tent that was Jagermeister becomes a main stage? Enjoyed being in there all last year staying out of the heat!

Edited by LazyDavid
moar
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, LazyDavid said:

Interested to see how they'll do this, all 3 stages have the same amount of acts too

 

Assuming the tent that was Jagermeister becomes a main stage? Enjoyed being in there all last year staying out of the heat!

It's an odd one - the Jager tent is the one that's missing, but wasn't that 2 stages alternating last year?  Reckon they would keep it the same and have the Deaf Havana stage opposite?  That way Sum 41 could finish earlier and not clash.  I'd be gutted if the Sum41 stage was indoors; love listening to bands outside.....unless it rains, of course.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, gary1979666 said:

It's an odd one - the Jager tent is the one that's missing, but wasn't that 2 stages alternating last year?  Reckon they would keep it the same and have the Deaf Havana stage opposite?  That way Sum 41 could finish earlier and not clash.  I'd be gutted if the Sum41 stage was indoors; love listening to bands outside.....unless it rains, of course.

Surely it makes sense for the Neck Deep stage to be indoors. They’re the smallest out of the 3 right? (Alexisonfire, Sum 41 & Neck Deep)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm thinking this is more likely to be the order of the stage at the bottom as its currently in alphabetical order but nobody doing the clashfinders clearly realised that 

Based on the order of the last poster before the splits

Nova Twins
Mom Jeans
Spanish Love Songs
Bears In Trees
The Flatliners
MC Lars
Point North
Hot Mulligan
Magnolia Park
Lil Lotus
As December Falls
Smeldeath
Pink Shift
Death by Rome (? Shit logo)
In Her Own Words

With Caskets in there somewhere but they weren't on the last poster 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/7/2022 at 10:35 AM, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

I'm thinking this is more likely to be the order of the stage at the bottom as its currently in alphabetical order but nobody doing the clashfinders clearly realised that 

Based on the order of the last poster before the splits

Nova Twins
Mom Jeans
Spanish Love Songs
Bears In Trees
The Flatliners
MC Lars
Point North
Hot Mulligan
Magnolia Park
Lil Lotus
As December Falls
Smeldeath
Pink Shift
Death by Rome (? Shit logo)
In Her Own Words

With Caskets in there somewhere but they weren't on the last poster 

I've made my own and its now the core one:

https://clashfinder.com/s/sdnorth22

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, sacred shape said:

I've made my own and its now the core one:

https://clashfinder.com/s/sdnorth22

Thanks for this, if that is close timewise I'll be completely broken by a The Story So Far/Dropkick Murphys/Spanish Love Songs clash haha!

If it was like that my day would go: Between You & Me -> Yours Truly -> The Bronx -> Silverstein -> Hot Milk/Pinkshift -> Cancer Bats -> KennyHoopla -> Electric Callboy -> Knuckle Puck -> Pennywise/Point North -> The Wonder Years -> The Story So Far/Dropkick Murphys/Spanish Love Songs -> Alexisonfire -> Neck Deep/Sum 41 (probably Sum 41)

Defo more moving around than last year where most of my time was split between the Jagermeister and the bar next to it!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, LazyDavid said:

I'll be completely broken by a The Story So Far/Dropkick Murphys/Spanish Love Songs clash haha!

Same! Hoping I'm wrong and they at least won't clash TSSF and SLS. Already disappointed I might have to choose between AOF and Mom Jeans

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, LazyDavid said:

Thanks for this, if that is close timewise I'll be completely broken by a The Story So Far/Dropkick Murphys/Spanish Love Songs clash haha!

If it was like that my day would go: Between You & Me -> Yours Truly -> The Bronx -> Silverstein -> Hot Milk/Pinkshift -> Cancer Bats -> KennyHoopla -> Electric Callboy -> Knuckle Puck -> Pennywise/Point North -> The Wonder Years -> The Story So Far/Dropkick Murphys/Spanish Love Songs -> Alexisonfire -> Neck Deep/Sum 41 (probably Sum 41)

Defo more moving around than last year where most of my time was split between the Jagermeister and the bar next to it!

 

Easily Dropkicks for me. I like Spanish Love Songs but don't know enough of them.

Punk rock factory and with confidence vs Kenny Hoopla is my only real clash based on that and I think I'd have go with the form and the rest of kennyhoopla. Obviously official times not out yet.

But my run is:

Cassyette, The Suicide Machines, Hot Water Music, Punk Rock Factory, With Confidence, Streetlight Manifesto, Pennwise, The Interrupters, Dropkick Murphys and Sum 41

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey all, just want to book my tickets this year, unfortunately with all the date changes and cancellations i haven't been slam dunk since 2018! 
That was great i went Leeds North City centre. All through the city, it was mental!
 I'm unsure if it's the city centre this year as it just says Leeds north - Temple Newsam? & I've never been Hatfield park so could anyone please give me an insight in to this years locations? Any pros and cons would be great! Thanks!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Soulstabber said:

Hey all, just want to book my tickets this year, unfortunately with all the date changes and cancellations i haven't been slam dunk since 2018! 
That was great i went Leeds North City centre. All through the city, it was mental!
 I'm unsure if it's the city centre this year as it just says Leeds north - Temple Newsam? & I've never been Hatfield park so could anyone please give me an insight in to this years locations? Any pros and cons would be great! Thanks!!

its a pain in the ass to get back from and theres nothing nearby to get cheap booze at.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...