Slam Dunk Festival 2022

jump

1 hour ago, itskinglizard said:

another announcement must be due soon right? line up looks nowhere near done yet

It doesn’t say plus more to be announced at the bottom so I’d say it’s pretty full if not full. I suppose it depends on how many stages they’re going to have, if it’s the same as 2019 they’re probably missing around 7-8 acts. If we don’t get anymore acts it’d be good to get the stage splits. 

55 minutes ago, foolee said:

Another stage announced. Wasn’t expected Sum 41 to headline a stage like this. 

image.thumb.jpeg.c5878fec010e25f8c074d7f8c8f9009c.jpeg

26 minutes ago, LazyDavid said:

I think they were running out of stages for them to go to, just surprised Dropkick Murphy's are not headlining it (also means they'll probably clash with Alexisonfire boo)

This is superb! I won't be moving from this much.

17 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Could've predicted that stage line up but wouldn't of thought Sum 41 would be headlining it. Seems odd to me that Neck Deep are being pushed as the main headliner, they're nowhere near the size of Broco 

Surely the Sum 41 stage is the biggest as Sum, Dropkicks and Interrupters as a top 3 is bigger than Neck Deep, The Story So Far and The Wonder Years. The first 3 would sell bigger venues. I can’t help but think that Slam Dunk is slightly expensive for what they’ve booked though. 

I think they'll stick with the 6 stages as last time (maybe have the acoustic stage returning (Chuck R please!)).  I've had a go at the rest of the line up based on the 2 stages we already have - assuming they are the main stage / PID from last year.  Then the next two in the tent alternating (I know, not quite right) and then the last two stages alternating outside.  Have missed a 3 or 4 bands off as couldn't read logos, but still room for a few more to come.  Not sure on the headliners for the lower stages either, just not familiar with the bands.  But a starting point if those who know those genre better can rework.

Neck Deep / Story So Far / Wonder Years / Motion City Soundtrack / Knuckle Puck / Kenny Hoopla / Hot Milk / Meet Me @ The Altar / Beauty School

Sum41 / Dropkicks / Interrupters / Pennywise / Streetlight Manifesto / Vandals / Hot Water Music / Bronx / Suicide Machines

Alexisonfire / The Used / Deaf Havana / 3OH3! / Eskimo Callboy / Set it off / Mod Sun / Point North / Yours Truly

Beartooth / Amity Affliction / Stands Atlantic / Cancer Bats / Silverstein / Counterparts / Nova Twins / Cassyette

Summer Set / Mom Jeans / Spanish Love Songs / Bears in Trees / Magnolia park / In Her own words

With Confidence / Chunk / Flatliners / Punk Rock Factory / MC Lars / Hot Mulligan / Pinkshift /

13 hours ago, foolee said:

Surely the Sum 41 stage is the biggest as Sum, Dropkicks and Interrupters as a top 3 is bigger than Neck Deep, The Story So Far and The Wonder Years. The first 3 would sell bigger venues. I can’t help but think that Slam Dunk is slightly expensive for what they’ve booked though. 

Is it still expensive but also clashing Sum 41 and Dropkicks would have been mad!.

They've definitely rotated the stage sizes this year that this will be the main stage. Except for Cassyette and punk rock factory I can't see me moving.

Also what are people doing for accommodation as it all seems cancelled south at least due to Ukrainian refugee needs

Posted (edited)

It doesn't really matter what stage Sum 41 are on, anyone with taste will be seeing Alexisonfire anyway. 😜 

7 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Also what are people doing for accommodation as it all seems cancelled south at least due to Ukrainian refugee needs

Or Travelodge has been booked already because other people going to the festival booked it when they got their tixs months ago.

Edited by jump
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, jump said:

It doesn't really matter what stage Sum 41 are on, anyone with taste will be seeing Alexisonfire anyway. 😜 

Or Travelodge has been booked already because other people going to the festival booked it when they got their tixs months ago.

I did book months ago. I specifically got an email from my accommodation to cancel my booking because they were using it for Ukrainian refugees. I didn't just make it up!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, jump said:

Last year only the main (Don Broco) and second stage (NOFX) clashed at headliner time so you'll be able to see both if they do the same this year!

If clashes allow it I'll see first half of Dropkick Murphys then watch all of Alexisonfire

4 hours ago, thewayiam said:

@sacred shapewhy are you supporting bollocks posts on here with the reputation you have without knowing full facts? I very much book a room for events WAY in advance if they are available. Hell, I book NYE in London for the next year as soon as possible NYD so I get it as good as I can!

?? Very confused what I've done wrong?

I liked this post 'It doesn't really matter what stage Sum 41 are on, anyone with taste will be seeing Alexisonfire anyway. 😜 '

2 hours ago, sacred shape said:

?? Very confused what I've done wrong?

I liked this post 'It doesn't really matter what stage Sum 41 are on, anyone with taste will be seeing Alexisonfire anyway. 😜 '

Yes, the post also included a comment about booking hotels up.

Don't be confused! No need.

A good reputation apparently.

On 4/2/2022 at 1:37 PM, thewayiam said:

Yes, the post also included a comment about booking hotels up.

Don't be confused! No need.

A good reputation apparently.

Whose opinion is this reputation thing based on because if it's the up vote system I don't think most give a damn about that. 

4 hours ago, a6l6e6x said:

Bit worried about the potential clashes on this. Currently looks like there would be a lot that attracted me to the line up would get in the way of each other

Luckily right now I need to divert away from one stage twice for the whole day for acts I actually am bothered to see.

Wanted to see punk rock bowling but based on the clashfinder it won't be happening. Won't be loads of chances to catch Street Manifesto

• Upvote 1