Slam Dunk Festival 2022

jump

7 hours ago, Ecuador Dave said:

Are Imperial Leisure still a thing?   Pretty sure I went to one of their farewell gigs at the Exchange in Bristol pre-Covid.  Great news if they are back - loved them the couple of times I saw them at 2000Trees.

The recently did an one off show back in Dec (or were going to prior lockdown restrictions) but I don't know if they are willing to do anymore.

11 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Yeah LTJ seems the obvious. I'd haved liked to see Bosstones but I'd take LTJ all day over them.

Less Than Jake is such a boring booking at this point. Operation Ivy on the other hand...

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Who we expecting in the announcement today then?

Not sure on the size of bands we’re expecting or if all of these acts are ‘slam dunk’ enough but hoping for Bob Vylan, Higher Power, Salem, Saint Agnes, Lauran Hibberd. Would love to see Turnstile, Billy Talent and Funeral for a Friend but not expecting them as they’re all long shots. 

3 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Malevolence again. 

Yes please, become a favourite since Download Pilot and Slam Dunk last year

Also they got announced with Sleep Token to support on Architects' tour in a few months, great line up

On 2/1/2022 at 7:46 PM, jump said:

Less Than Jake is such a boring booking at this point. Operation Ivy on the other hand...

I love them so for me they aren't bit they would be an odd addition with their tour.

Added now to the fact they are over in America somewhere on June 5th at a music day so they won't be happening this year anyway. 

Didn't know we were getting an announcement today but I'd say if NFG are playing they are likely given there is no UK Festivals announced for them.

There was also a poster I saw the other day which was suggestive of The Used being under Alexisonfire with Sum 41 and Neck Deep not having anyone which obviously we know about now. 

It was Dropkicks, Interrupters, Bosstones which it obviously won't be now and Pennywise.

Less Than Jake are one of those fun live bands but they pop up bloody everywhere when I go to gigs/festivals and I've grown bored of them like when I started seeing Metallica almost yearly as they were at every festival I went to despite not going for Metallica. I think I saw LTJ 3 times in 2019 (or close to a 12 month period) for Slam Dunk, the co-headline tour they did with Reel Big Fish and the Fireball Tour.

Even their current tour I'm tempted to go to as they have Millie Manders and Skinny Lister supporting who are both great fun live and the venue is down the road to me.

8 minutes ago, jump said:

Less Than Jake are one of those fun live bands but they pop up bloody everywhere when I go to gigs/festivals and I've grown bored of them like when I started seeing Metallica almost yearly as they were at every festival I went to despite not going for Metallica. I think I saw LTJ 3 times in 2019 (or close to a 12 month period) for Slam Dunk, the co-headline tour they did with Reel Big Fish and the Fireball Tour.

Even their current tour I'm tempted to go to as they have Millie Manders and Skinny Lister supporting who are both great fun live and the venue is down the road to me.

But that was your choice to go 3 times in that period and still consider their tour. I am going to Leicester myself as took a hunch that when that tour was didn't make them likely for SD and also it'd be a headline set so more chance of hearing songs I wouldn't otherwise with a shorter set. Reading 2012 with them vs Foo's was one of the festivals worst clashes I've had. It's up there with Alkaline Trio vs GNR which Trio were never going to win and Pendulum vs Bad Religion. 

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

But that was your choice to go 3 times in that period and still consider their tour.

None of those tours were their tours. Two were day festivals and one was a co-headline tour but even then so what, I'm allowed to be bored of seeing them after seeing them so many times already.

2 minutes ago, jump said:

None of those tours were their tours. Two were day festivals and one was a co-headline tour but even then so what, I'm allowed to be bored of seeing them after seeing them so many times already.

But you still chose to see them? Yes you can be bored of them but you can't complain of being bored of seeing them when you chose to.

5 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

But you still chose to see them? Yes you can be bored of them but you can't complain of being bored of seeing them when you chose to.

Yeah I can otherwise how can I see them and not be bored but be bored of not seeing them? 😜