Slam Dunk Festival 2022

jump

1 hour ago, foolee said:

I just think Avril is more in the scene than Busted and McFly so would be a sensible booking. I don’t think her headlining the stages that Sum 41 or Neck Deep are headlining this year would be that strange. Think people would be pretty buzzing about it and she’s more pop punk than pop I’d say. 

Yeah Busted and McFly are pop bands. Avril very much has the edge of punk pop/alternative and punk rock. I'd probably take her this year over any of the headliners including Sum 41 as recently seen them. She'd have been a faster ticket purchase for me than Rancid was. 

I'd applaud them if Download booked Avril Lavigne but then instantly complain she's shit. lol

There's no other festival in need of fresh ideas more so than Download, it just can't double down on boomer metal forever. It's not the creative booking I'd want to see (or could even possibly work) but at least they'd be doing something to address their stagnation.

What are we thinking for other stages? 

Sum 41 / The Used / Deaf Havana / ??? / MODSUN / ??? / Dream State / The Summer Set / Point North 

Dropkick Murphys / The Interrupters / The Mighty Mighty Bosstones / Pennywise / Hot Water Music / The Vandals / Spanish Love Songs / The Flatliners / Hot Mulligan 

Alexisonfire / The Amity Affliction / Eskimo Callboy / Cancer Bats / The Bronx / Silverstein / Chunk! No, Captain Chunk! / ??? / ??? 

That leaves the following who I would except to play the smallest stage they usually have along with others yet to be announced: As December Unfolds, Yours Truly, Mom Jeans

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, kersh said:

Random one. Is it worth paying for the VIP tickets? I know they have there own bar and toilets but does it add enough value to warrant the extra £40?

Nah. Slam Dunk is a one day event so the toilets aren’t an issue, they stay ok all day in my experience. Bar queues up North aren’t usually too bad at all so I wouldn’t waste your money. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Sum 41 / The Used / Deaf Havana / ??? / MODSUN / ??? / Dream State / The Summer Set / Point North 

Dropkick Murphys / The Interrupters / The Mighty Mighty Bosstones / Pennywise / Hot Water Music / The Vandals / Spanish Love Songs / The Flatliners / Hot Mulligan 

Alexisonfire / The Amity Affliction / Eskimo Callboy / Cancer Bats / The Bronx / Silverstein / Chunk! No, Captain Chunk! / ??? / ??? 

That leaves the following who I would except to play the smallest stage they usually have along with others yet to be announced: As December Unfolds, Yours Truly, Mom Jeans

This looks about right to me. Must be nearly time for a Clashfinder based on this!

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Looks good but I don’t think Spanish Love Songs or Hot Mulligan belong on the same stage as Dropkick Murphy's and The Interrupters. 

31 minutes ago, foolee said:

Looks good but I don’t think Spanish Love Songs or Hot Mulligan belong on the same stage as Dropkick Murphy's and The Interrupters. 

I would have been inclined to agree if it was still the PiD Stage but I can see it being a mixture of that kind of punk and more emo stuff this year. 

I’ve just had a thought. If Dropkick Murphy’s are headlining the stage NOFX have done and Neck Deep are doing the Don Broco stage where is the SUM 41 stage going to go? I’m thinking about the South site as never been to north and I can’t see where they’d put it. 

55 minutes ago, foolee said:

I’ve just had a thought. If Dropkick Murphy’s are headlining the stage NOFX have done and Neck Deep are doing the Don Broco stage where is the SUM 41 stage going to go? I’m thinking about the South site as never been to north and I can’t see where they’d put it. 

Thinking back to South last year, the RockScene stage was the main stage.  Maybe they'll put Sum 41 on what was the NoFX stage, then Alexisonfire go in the Jager tent. That still leave another headline in the Jager tent and the 2 on the Key Club stages.  But they all feel too small for the Dropkicks......unless they put another stage in somewhere (they used to have the Marshall tent with 2 stages back in 2019).  I guess more announcements will help explain some of the stages a bit more.  Still feels like a lot more to come.

If I hadn't already seen them, I'd be a bit disappointed, but I'm not bothered by this really. Will be interesting to see if they get a replacement or if they just go with what they've got. They're reasonably high on the bill so a replacement isn't out of the question.

Bosstones confirmed to be out on the latest statement as the split is with immediate effect. They’ll stay on the artwork until Monday 7th Feb which is when the next announcement is. It may take a few weeks to get the replacement for the Bosstones. 

That’s sucks about Bosstones. They were a big highlight on the poster for me.

They have said they are gonna replace them with another ska punk band so it will probably be Less Than Jake yet again. Although I’d love see them troll people and announce Smash Mouth with the tag line the best 90s ska band.

9 hours ago, jump said:

That’s sucks about Bosstones. They were a big highlight on the poster for me.

They have said they are gonna replace them with another ska punk band so it will probably be Less Than Jake yet again. Although I’d love see them troll people and announce Smash Mouth with the tag line the best 90s ska band.

Yeah LTJ seems the obvious. I'd haved liked to see Bosstones but I'd take LTJ all day over them.