Jump to content

Slam Dunk Festival 2022


jump
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, chilltheory said:

When do we reckon the next announcement will be? Towards the end of the month?

I would have thought before the 31st Dec which was before the price bump which they sort of did in Nov though. So maybe before the next payment plan installment at the end of this month.

I've been giving Pinkshift a listen simply because I've not heard of them before and they are on the line up. They are fairly decent, I might check them out at the fest now as long as they aren't clashing.

Edited by jump
Link to comment
Share on other sites

"We are very excited to inform you that Neck Deep are your 4th and final festival headliner!

Also joining us we have Cancer Bats, The Bronx , The Summer Set, Point North, Mom Jeans. and As December Falls!"

 

Wasn't expecting that! As there's 4 headliners does this mean:

Main: Sum 41

Second: Dropkick Murphys

Jagermeister: Alexisonfire

Key Club: Neck Deep?

 

Headlining Key Club seems too small for Neck Deep nowadays? Unless they're co-headlining with Sum 41?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm always happy seeing The Bronx play so I'm happy with this announcement. 🙂

 

8 minutes ago, LazyDavid said:

"We are very excited to inform you that Neck Deep are your 4th and final festival headliner!

Also joining us we have Cancer Bats, The Bronx , The Summer Set, Point North, Mom Jeans. and As December Falls!"

 

Wasn't expecting that! As there's 4 headliners does this mean:

Main: Sum 41

Second: Dropkick Murphys

Jagermeister: Alexisonfire

Key Club: Neck Deep?

 

Headlining Key Club seems too small for Neck Deep nowadays? Unless they're co-headlining with Sum 41?

They are probably on the Dickies stage, it was only removed last year as there were too many bands pulling out.

Edited by jump
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Surprised about Neck Deep. I wasn’t expecting anymore headliners but I would’ve expected a bigger act as we’ve had Don Broco and All Time Low in the last few years who sell out a couple of Brixton dates. Surprised they’ve slept on Avril Lavigne this year with her new album being more pop punk leaning and Mod Sun being there. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, foolee said:

Surprised about Neck Deep. I wasn’t expecting anymore headliners but I would’ve expected a bigger act as we’ve had Don Broco and All Time Low in the last few years who sell out a couple of Brixton dates. Surprised they’ve slept on Avril Lavigne this year with her new album being more pop punk leaning and Mod Sun being there. 

Secret set for AL?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jericode said:

This American festival I've never heard of is like someone booked their dream Slam Dunk line up with no regard for realism, it's insane.

FJZwng-XsAM1SMk?format=jpg&name=small

 

48 minutes ago, LazyDavid said:

It looks incredible, though the lowest price of $224.99 for a tier 1 ticket for a one-day event is eyewatering

Yeah there's no chance I'd be missing that. You're lucky if a festival here looks that good over 3 days, let alone one day.

There is even the little temptation to head over. I know that Paramore, Avril Lavigne and AFI are going to be about here somewhere over the next 18 months though. I'd be quite surprised if Reading don't snap up Paramore. I think AFI will do Trees next year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The reason I had her down as being the same as the last couple of secret sets is because she's someone folk would enjoy watching, but also someone who folk would scoff at if they were actually booked.

I can't see Slam Dunk ever openly booking her.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DomDom1984 said:

The reason I had her down as being the same as the last couple of secret sets is because she's someone folk would enjoy watching, but also someone who folk would scoff at if they were actually booked.

I can't see Slam Dunk ever openly booking her.

Why not? She’d got down a storm. 
 

I’ve been saying for years that she’d be a perfect Second Stage headliner at Download. People would eat that shit up. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thing is the festival is already a mix of punk to scoff at and punk to celebrate but it works as there's so many stages. There are bands that get booked constantly and are loved by some of the regulars in this thread which I think are complete utter shit but hey ho if folk like them and it doesn't impact the bands I want to see on the other stages so what. Besides it's Slam Dunk, if folk are worried about bring a credible punk then they shouldn't be going to the pop punk festival then. lol

I don't think she is a high priority for Slam Dunk though but it is probably the festival most suitable to get her to play.

Edited by jump
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fair enough. I just thought someone that's so blatantly "pop" would kinda get scoffed at. I couldn't see McFly and Busted getting booked properly either which is why I compared these.

I'm still not entirely sure I'm wrong, but certain folk on here are fairly clued up on these things more than I so I'm willing to bow to this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

Fair enough. I just thought someone that's so blatantly "pop" would kinda get scoffed at. I couldn't see McFly and Busted getting booked properly either which is why I compared these.

I'm still not entirely sure I'm wrong, but certain folk on here are fairly clued up on these things more than I so I'm willing to bow to this.

I just think Avril is more in the scene than Busted and McFly so would be a sensible booking. I don’t think her headlining the stages that Sum 41 or Neck Deep are headlining this year would be that strange. Think people would be pretty buzzing about it and she’s more pop punk than pop I’d say. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...