Jump to content

Slam Dunk Festival 2022


jump
 Share

Recommended Posts

I'm definitely interested in Spanish Love Songs, Silverstein and The Amity Affliction. Think there's definitely enough across the two announcements so far to give me real thought about heading to this next year. This year definitely gave me reason enough to want to head back down there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, LazyDavid said:

Only listened to Spanish Love Songs properly since being announced and loving them, will be a great set!

Brave Faces Everyone was my favourite album from 2020. Crazy to think it was written before the pandemic when it really relates to that period of time emotionally. Quality band that I discovered when they support The Menzingers early last year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Josnton said:

FCokahiXEAY5Luu.jpg

Do we think this means those 3 bands are in the line up, or is this a completely separate event?

They could have chosen better venues if these events are meant to be connected as Scala and Troxy aren’t close to each other.

Edited by jump
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Daimo said:

Oooo nice, where did you hear this 

It was mentioned on the Life In The Stocks podcast where he talks to Ben Ray about Slam Dunk, worth a listen to hear how Slam Dunk started, how Ben started as a promoter and a lot of talk about various acts etc. 

Edited by foolee
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, foolee said:

Ska stage announcement Mon 22nd November apparently 

This is the one I'm most looking forward too. The Interrupters and Less Than Jake would basically make the ticket purchase. But I'm in the boat where 2019 was that good I'd basically take that bar a couple of bits yearly. I do think though LTJ will come later due to their tour selling. I do wonder if they are going to nick Creeper this year though in general because I really would have expected them on the last Trees announcement for the little tickets they've got left.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

This is the one I'm most looking forward too. The Interrupters and Less Than Jake would basically make the ticket purchase. But I'm in the boat where 2019 was that good I'd basically take that bar a couple of bits yearly. I do think though LTJ will come later due to their tour selling. I do wonder if they are going to nick Creeper this year though in general because I really would have expected them on the last Trees announcement for the little tickets they've got left.

The Interrupters would make the announcement but surely they’d be subbing the stage these days? I think Creeper might do R&L as they had to pull out this year. Aren’t they doing Download as well? I think FR might have a deal with them to keep them away from SD and Trees. Obviously Creeper played SD last year as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, foolee said:

The Interrupters would make the announcement but surely they’d be subbing the stage these days? I think Creeper might do R&L as they had to pull out this year. Aren’t they doing Download as well? I think FR might have a deal with them to keep them away from SD and Trees. Obviously Creeper played SD last year as well.

Oh they did yes. I don't think they would quite sub, I'd say 3rd. To mix it up we may even get NOFX, Bad Religion, The Interrupters and Reel Big Fish. LTJ to take a main stage spot away from that stage for a year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Oh they did yes. I don't think they would quite sub, I'd say 3rd. To mix it up we may even get NOFX, Bad Religion, The Interrupters and Reel Big Fish. LTJ to take a main stage spot away from that stage for a year.

Be quite happy with Interrupters and Reel Big Fish. I can’t see LTJ taking a main stage spot when they’ve got a ska stage. I think SD like to keep similar bands on the same stages. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, foolee said:

Be quite happy with Interrupters and Reel Big Fish. I can’t see LTJ taking a main stage spot when they’ve got a ska stage. I think SD like to keep similar bands on the same stages. 

I agree tbf. It's me attempting to fit everyone in. Actually, Bad Religion are ruled out due to their own dates. If I'm correct though, I believe PID isn't returning to dates clash so it might be a smaller stage this year and more to Fireball size again. So I'd go, LTJ, The Interrupters and Reel Big Fish maybe in the top 3 spots. And as you say, The Interrupters would at least sub that but none would play below. I'd be happy for RBF nor to be there as not a fan really 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DomDom1984 said:

Ska stage sounds like serious potential. Less Than Jake, Reel Big Fish, Goldfinger and Mad Caddies would all be nice for me.

I've still not given The Interrupters a go, even though from what I'm repeatedly told, they're definitely my thing.

If you like LTJ there is almost no chance you won't like them.

2 hours ago, Alex Winstone said:

I'll go Flogging Molly, Millencolin, Reel Big Fish, lightyear, random hand, chubby and the gang 

Flogging Molly would be good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...