Slam Dunk Festival 2022

jump

I'm definitely interested in Spanish Love Songs, Silverstein and The Amity Affliction. Think there's definitely enough across the two announcements so far to give me real thought about heading to this next year. This year definitely gave me reason enough to want to head back down there.

56 minutes ago, LazyDavid said:

Only listened to Spanish Love Songs properly since being announced and loving them, will be a great set!

Brave Faces Everyone was my favourite album from 2020. Crazy to think it was written before the pandemic when it really relates to that period of time emotionally. Quality band that I discovered when they support The Menzingers early last year. 

4 hours ago, Josnton said:

FCokahiXEAY5Luu.jpg

Do we think this means those 3 bands are in the line up, or is this a completely separate event?

They could have chosen better venues if these events are meant to be connected as Scala and Troxy aren’t close to each other.

Edited by jump

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Caved and booked tickets before they went up in 2022, let’s hope for some more announcements and not many bands pulling out. Looking forward to Sum 41, The Interrupters, Spanish Love Songs and KennyHoopla. 

2 hours ago, foolee said:

Caved and booked tickets before they went up in 2022, let’s hope for some more announcements and not many bands pulling out. Looking forward to Sum 41, The Interrupters, Spanish Love Songs and KennyHoopla. 

I'm Sum 41, The Interrupters, Hot Water Music and Pennywise. Need a bit more though. Currently I don't think unless Dropkicks don't clash is there is anything else there I'd be bothered if I didn't catch.

13 hours ago, Daimo said:

Gutted about Rancid but still keen for Spanish Love Songs, The Flatliners, Knuckle Puck, Pennywise, Bosstones, Sun 41 and the Interrupters.

really hoping Turnstile get added

Turnstile would be an amazing addition. Maybe after their tour in Feb. Would love to see Every Time I Die announced as well. 

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

I reckon Rancid pulled out because Riot Fest are going to finally get an Operation Ivy reunion to happen. Their frontman has done an interview today saying he wouldn’t object to it. Makes sense to me. 

Which frontman, Jesse from Operation Ivy or Tim from Rancid?

I said something like that in the thread before the forum reset. It’s been gaining traction ever since Laura Jane Grace started a petition last year so I can see it happening. They better have Operation Ivy at Slam Dunk if that’s the case, I would fucking love it!

2 hours ago, jump said:

Which frontman, Jesse from Operation Ivy or Tim from Rancid?

I said something like that in the thread before the forum reset. It’s been gaining traction ever since Laura Jane Grace started a petition last year so I can see it happening. They better have Operation Ivy at Slam Dunk if that’s the case, I would fucking love it!

Jesse from Op Ivy! Yeah, them on the PiD would be insane. I do think that their reunion would be similar to Jawbreaker over here though and wouldn’t even fill one night at the Forum. Would still be great, however. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Jesse from Op Ivy! Yeah, them on the PiD would be insane. I do think that their reunion would be similar to Jawbreaker over here though and wouldn’t even fill one night at the Forum. Would still be great, however. 

Yeah, I can't see demand being high for Operation Ivy but I reckon there's more demand for them in the UK than Jawbreaker. There's the Rancid connection and I've seen a few bands over the years like Green Day, The Interrupters etc have covered them (and it's not even the same song) when playing live so there might be a few fans here. Still way off a full fledge tour or an one off big show at Brixton though.