Slam Dunk Festival 2022

jump

6 hours ago, foolee said:

Dates for 2022 are Friday 3rd for North and Saturday 4th for South. 

This seems like a good enough reason to start a new thread.

I'm guessing it will be Sum 41 headlining and their third year being booked is the charm and they actually play.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, jump said:

This seems like a good enough reason to start a new thread.

I'm guessing it will be Sum 41 headlining and their third year being booked is the charm and they actually play.

Probably will mostly be bands that couldn't make it being rescheduled and NOFX. Hopefully a couple of suprises like Refused or At The Drive In show up. 

2 minutes ago, Alex Winstone said:

Probably will mostly be bands that couldn't make it being rescheduled and NOFX. Hopefully a couple of suprises like Refused or At The Drive In show up. 

At The Drive In have split up again. They were phish the last time I saw them so it's no lost.

Just now, Jericode said:

ATDI were utter shite when I saw them support Royal Blood, keep them far away.

Sum 41 seem the most logical headline choice. Clashing with Rock am Ring is going to count a few names out.

So that's Billy Talent, Stick to your Guns and The Offspring out of this already.

To be honest by next year Slam Dunk can probably go bigger than Sum 41 as a headliner for the other slot. 

Sum 41, MGK, Neck Deep, Frank Carter, Seaway, Rise Against, Trophy Eyes, Chunk Captain, Four Year Strong, Turnstile, Real Friends, Knuckle Puck, Story So Far 

Hope to see a fair few of them on next years lineup.

Edited by Swansea93

2 minutes ago, Swansea93 said:

Sum 41, MGK, Neck Deep, Frank Carter, Seaway, Rise Against, Trophy Eyes, Chunk Captain, Four Year Strong, Turnstile, Real Friends, Knuckle Puck, Story So Far 

Hope to see a fair few of them on next years lineup.

Sum 41 and MGK could well be the headliners. One act for the 00's kids, one for the newbies.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Megaprana said:

Sum 41 and MGK could well be the headliners. One act for the 00's kids, one for the newbies.

I’m fully expecting MGK to be back on the R&L lineup though so would rule him out, maybe Architects/BMTH could with Sum 41.

I would like to see Motion City Soundtrack, The Wonder Years, Counterparts, Sum 41, Reel Big Fish, Code Orange, The Story So Far, Free Throw and The Vandals from the original 2020 line up.

Then if they could also add some of Spanish Love Songs, Spiritbox, Pup, Against Me, Every Time I Die, Slaughter Beach Dog and The Front Bottoms, that'd be great.

Sum 41 Frank Carter NOFX, Pennywise Underoath, Papa Roach Wonder Years Motion City Soundtrack  Kennyhoopla Nothing, Nowhere, Jxdn, Agaisnt Me, Flogging Molly, Chubby & The Gang, Tigers Jaw, Joyce Manor, Sullii, Junior, Angel du$t, Dinosaur Pile-Up 

Edited by Alex Winstone

14 minutes ago, Alex Winstone said:

Sum 41 Frank Carter NOFX, Pennywise Underoath, Papa Roach Wonder Years Motion City Soundtrack  Kennyhoopla Nothing, Nowhere, Jxdn, Agaisnt Me, Flogging Molly, Chubby & The Gang, Tigers Jaw, Joyce Manor, Sullii, Junior, Angel du$t, Dinosaur Pile-Up 

I doubt they'll get Papa Roach. They are notably absent from both RAR and Nova Rock.

Add Bad Religion. They are at Nova Rock but not RAR so are free. Plus Download isn't likely for them either.

As long as we got The Story So Far, everything else is a bonus. I think we will get them, FYS, TWY and MCS back too. 

I really want Joyce Manor to be booked. I want it every year 😂 Drug Church and Can’t Swim would be welcome additions too. I’m fully expecting Turnstile as well. 

Against Me! playing the PiD stage would be an excellent booking, too. 

Edited by Andre91

I think the PID stage is going to be quite similar at the top to 2019.

I'm expecting a few of NOFX, LTJ, Bad Religion and Pennywise back. Plus The Interupters. 

At a guess I think NFG will sub to Sum 41.

They've got the acts around next year for it to be very strong. 

Hopefully they get Story so Far and Wonder Years back seen as though they had to cancel this year.

Others on my wishlist would be Front Bottoms, the Menzingers, Spanish Love Songs, Taking Back Sunday, Thursday, Glassjaw (doing an early album) and Andrew Mcmahon in some capacity. Think id have to do both days then.

Weezer or Coheed taking a bigger slot would be nice too.