news & politics:discussion

zahidf

4 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

The full report will never come out and Johnson will use next week's partial report exonerate himself. This is  cover-up of the highest order.

but will quite possibly cause the tories more damage in the long term by keeping a hated PM in office 

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

but will quite possibly cause the tories more damage in the long term by keeping a hated PM in office 

Johnson won't lead the Tories into the next election anyway so the quicker he's gone the better chance Labour have at showing ups the new PM. Besides for the sake of the country and the institutions he needs to go now. There also needs to be justice for all the people that couldn't see dying loved ones whilst he partied at No 10.

8 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Johnson won't lead the Tories into the next election anyway so the quicker he's gone the better chance Labour have at showing ups the new PM. Besides for the sake of the country and the institutions he needs to go now. There also needs to be justice for all the people that couldn't see dying loved ones whilst he partied at No 10.

keep him in ... let the tories tear themselves apart internally .... let him fail badly in the local elections and wait for some more damage from DC .... this isn't over 

He'll engineer his way out of it again, just like he's done so here. The only ambition is letting Johnson off so they'll use whatever institutions that are available to them to do that and just make up whatever excuse they need to. We can't rely on the Tories to show any morale fibre as they don't have any.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

He'll engineer his way out of it again, just like he's done so here. The only ambition is letting Johnson off so they'll use whatever institutions that are available to them to do that and just make up whatever excuse they need to. We can't rely on the Tories to show any morale fibre as they don't have any.

bet you £10 ( donation to water aid hes gone by Glastonbury ) 

9 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

A Boris Johnson out of office bet?! I've won a few of those in my time.

Bojo is safe because who will replace him? little rishi or nutty liz?

Depends on the damage done in elections  I’d say … even when he’s in office he’s out of office … or at a party in his office 

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Depends on the damage done in elections  I’d say … even when he’s in office he’s out of office … or at a party in his office 

I agree that surely he's too damaged and that eventually he'll get kicked out...and if tories do really bad in May then that could be the time...but..he just manages to get away with it...he has the midas touch or something.

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Hate to repeat myself but the whole releasing of the redacted report thing stinks. There is no guarantee that final unredacted version will ever be seen.  

I echo these concerns, I don't think the full report will ever see the light of day and the Met will silently drop their investigation too.