Line up for New Order @ Heaton Park. Man

T3TTK

1 hour ago, the wonderwhy said:

From the linked page:

“Heaton Park tram stop will be closed for the remainder of the evening from 9pm the night. Metrolink services back into the city centre will run from Bowker Vale”

Does it mean you can’t get the tram at Prestwich?

2 hours ago, zzzfest said:

From the linked page:

“Heaton Park tram stop will be closed for the remainder of the evening from 9pm the night. Metrolink services back into the city centre will run from Bowker Vale”

Does it mean you can’t get the tram at Prestwich?

You can still get the tram from Prestwich.

It will start at Bury Interchange, stop at Radcliffe, Whitefield, Besses, Prestwich, miss out stopping at Heaton Park, then next stop Bowker Vale (and then on to all stops to Manchester)

6 hours ago, jackarmy said:

Where's good for a drink around Heaton Park? Only ever been there for the Stone Roses in 2012, where we just bought crates from the supermarket. Or is that the best option in general? Weather looks a bit crap, so would rather stay dry as long as possible.

I would get off the tram at Prestwich and go drinking around there. Loads of bars and restaurants on the main road (Bury New Road). Then get the tram back from Prestwich to Heaton Park (or 30 mins walk with 2 cans of lager!)

46 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Halifax tonight was very, very good. We’re in for a treat at Heaton Park. Got everything crossed for World in Motion. 

Just seen the set list. Very good. Looks like the rain stops early Friday evening. Just scored some cheap tickets but am resigned to missing WMC sadly. Roll on Friday. 

Travelling up from Bristol on train for this tomorrow, setlist looks wicked from Halifax! ... Guilt Is A Useless Emotion is a bit of a left field choice though from the Sirens album, shame they aren't playing Krafty or Turn.

Ceremony is gonna be superb! 

Maybe they might make one or two changes from the setlist, either way, what a night it's gonna be!! 

2 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

Set times: 

17:30-18:30 Working Mens Club

19:00-20:05 Hot Chip

20:45-22:45 New Order 

DJ Tin Tin is opening from 4 and presumably playing between bands too 

Twickets tickets at £22.50 are really tempting me. I really shouldn't come over for it but after missing a couple of festival days due to isolation...

Edited by efcfanwirral

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

Twickets tickets at £22.50 are really tempting me. I really shouldn't come over for it but after missing a couple of festival days due to isolation...

This probably won’t help, but Halifax last night was definitely the best I’ve seen them play out of four of five gigs now... 

I was also in Halifax. A top-notch performance and certainly doesn’t deserve a title of “warm up”. The venue was fantastic, too. So was the weather. An almost perfect event in every sense.

The only possible snag is whether Heaton Park can rival it, let alone surpass it...

So...has anybody survived, escaped and gone back home alright LOL?

Many thanks to those who suggested going to Prestwich on the way back, which nicely worked.

It was good the rain held off. Heaton Park was...well, Heaton Park, i.e. an enormous flat field. The ground didn’t go muddy, at least.

As for New Order’s performance, I think Halifax was the winner  IMHO. Despite this being the group’s biggest gig on the home turf and their second and more important public appearance in the last eighteen months, it felt more like a “business as usual” than an emotional comeback to the live scene. The two support acts, Working Men’s Club and Hot Chip were good — but that made New Order’s set rather anticlimactic for me.

• Like 1

On 9/12/2021 at 10:58 AM, zzzfest said:

So...has anybody survived, escaped and gone back home alright LOL?

Many thanks to those who suggested going to Prestwich on the way back, which nicely worked.

It was good the rain held off. Heaton Park was...well, Heaton Park, i.e. an enormous flat field. The ground didn’t go muddy, at least.

As for New Order’s performance, I think Halifax was the winner  IMHO. Despite this being the group’s biggest gig on the home turf and their second and more important public appearance in the last eighteen months, it felt more like a “business as usual” than an emotional comeback to the live scene. The two support acts, Working Men’s Club and Hot Chip were good — but that made New Order’s set rather anticlimactic for me.

First time seeing them and I thought they were great, better and more polished than I was expecting. Hot Chip who I've seen 6 times or so were excellent as usual. Missed WMC. 

Downsides were the queues for the bar and to get in and getting home was a bit shit, ended up getting an Uber home in the end. Toilets were fine which is a positive I suppose. 

It'd have to be a special band to get me back to Heaton Park in a hurry tbh, can't imagine what it's like for Parklife with over double the crowd. 

Have posted over on another thread but the wife and I really enjoyed the gig and great to be back seeing live music.

We too parked in Prestwich and walked down.

Didn't mind the queues to get in as was kind of expecting it but for the bar was pretty ridiculous and not much of a selection. 

Only caught couple of songs of Hot Chip unfortunately but thought New Order were superb, probably best of the 4 times I've seen them.

• Upvote 1

Bit strange to be in a crowd that size again but had a great day.

Working Mens Club showed they could translate to a big stage and Hot Chip were fun as always. Great to see New Order again and was happy with the minor setlist changes from the warmup gig.

Agree with comments on the venue though. Two visits now and it feels enough. We just edged toward the side for the encore and headed off for the tram when the final song started so made it ok, but not exactly a relaxed end to proceedings!